Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 8: Dog 17th, 500 (Nov 17th-23th]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 pm 

The weather on the island is repetitively predictable: sunny, warm toward hot and quite humid throughout the day, with breezes and winds coming down from Mount Kappa regulating it in favour of bearability. Bearability is less guaranteed inland, especially in the jungles. Usually there is a light drizzle around midday, but unless there is a storm clouds almost never cover most of the skies.

The moon is waning.

In the early morning there is a call from Asahina Yajinden on the matters related to Yamato Maru and other strange occurrences.

---

This is a new session. All sessional abilities are refreshed. All have received 4xp for previous session, 8 xp with doubling option. They can be spent with immediate effect until first GM-mandated rolls appear in threads.

---

Downtime

There will be a 2-week downtime between D8 and D9 for this session. Rules for it will come up in Rulings.

---

Tension!

+0.4 (Neutrality).

The denizens of Kameyama Jima have been slightly disappointed with the Explorers' conduct. They are now cautious without hostility, but not really optimistic. All Social and Commerce rolls targeting the inhabitants of the island have normal TNs. All prices are increased by 20% which can be waived through haggling.

---

Events:

[To follow]

Post subject: Re: Day 8: Dog 17th, 500 (Nov 17th-20th]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:34 am 

Random Hearsay

"The Lady Uxue is among the few I trust to handle diplomacy for these Rokugani Explorers."
"She at least tries to meet everyone with fairness and grace, unlike some of the others."

---

"Seppun Kaiya is the epitome of a Rokugani maiden. Very kind and patient."
"I heard she is also a champion of the common folk. A rare thing these days."

---

"That freckled Muhaki is quite the wonder, isn't she?"
"She only recently became a Tortoise, but what a find for them! They better hold onto her, because you don't see young women like that very often."

---

"These newcomers might be bigger storytellers than those drunkard Thranes."
"I don't think they're that bad... been generally nice to me."
"Maybe... but I was talking to this guy from one of the crews and he was talking about a whole island up north that was a giant turtle..."
"A giant turtle? Like a living one?"
"Yeah... I think he just was taking this island's name a bit too literally..."

----

"Did you see the shape that Agasha woman came back in from the jungle?"
"Yeah... she was all covered in mud and gunk."
"I had heard she was a dirty girl... but I didn't think they meant literally."
"You're incorrigible."

----

"So what happened here old man?"
"'dees two pretty ladies walked in and tried to get us to clean up our act or som'thin'. I showed them the better side of my complexion."
"It probably wouldn't be terrible to get some of this wood rot no?"
"My bones is rotten... why not my home too? Besides... that other guy they brought in here thinks he can push me around? I'll push him out of here with my next bowel movement if he thinks this is a sacred place."
"...."

----

"Did you see the Rokugani Cannon display?"
"Huh?"
"On the beach, yesterday. This big sea serpent flung this boat on the shore, and then as people tried to draw near it opened fire!"
"Was anyone hurt?"
"I don't know... It was a fart cannon... so maybe some people's sensibilities were hurt?"

----

"Did you hear about the folks that said their ship flew up into space yesterday?"
"Did they find some of the 'special mountain honey' that the locals sell?"
"Nah nah, this dude was being serious. Said they were up in the clouds, and then this goddess came and saved 'em."
"Up in the 'clouds'... 'goddess'... sounds like mountain honey to me."

----

"Let's face it - Wataru is a failure as the leader of the Teppodoka. I'd be surprised if he held the post much longer."
"Yeah, he has not gained much respect among the troops, and the Admiral doesn't like him. Captains have practically taken over effective command."
"And that place he chose... is he a hermit?"
"Maybe it's time for a change in leadership."

Post subject: Re: Day 8: Dog 17th, 500 (Nov 17th-20th]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 am 

Downtime

From Dog 18th till Boar 3rd we'll have a downtime on the island.

This downtime is the last downtime during the game before it ends. This makes it a unique opportunity for you to devote it to advancing your agendas, personal or plot-related. If you want things on the island done before the game ends, now it is possible. The unique vessel for it is to pursue goals, which can bring you results otherwise hard to accomplish over the regular course of the game.

We will be using these these rules, particularly in relation to VIP prices of goals AND to the amount of VIPs you earn for the downtime from Duty Points and Glory.

The goals are of course limited by what is possible on Kameyama Jima. Allies back in Rokugan cannot help you with goals here. Ask a GM before assuming that your VIP expenditure will be effective. The GM may also help you with coming up with the goal that will position you for better role-playing opportunities after downtime and help you get back to the main flow of the game. Start discussion of it in your PF if this is something you'd like to do.

Since it's a short downtime, only a minor goal is possible, and minor group goals can only refer to the factions present on the island, and to the extent they are present. Either way, goals are more or less full-time job, so don't expect to do much more over downtime.

If you don't have a focused idea how to spend those two weeks, you can just keep doing your duties. This will allow you to earn some experience and/or influence, but it means you forego pursuing any bold agenda during this time. See below.

Quote:
The player has the option to devote most or all of the downtime to dutiful service rather than to the pursuit of independent goals. If this is chosen, the player gains up to 5 xp to use them on increasing skills used extensively in the course of duty, or to get 25 VIPs for cultivating connections during that time (or in any combination, at the rate 1 xp - 5 VIP). Players who choose this option may not advance a goal during this downtime.

There are no bets planned for this downtime.

This downtime is a part of a session. No new fleet actions or use of other sessional abilities are available just because the in-game time is longer. On the plus side for players, I won't charge extra for rent.

Post subject: Re: Day 8: Dog 17th, 500 (Nov 17th-21th]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 am 

Important Downtime Developments

Dog:
    18th - Matsu Yasuhiro wins in a duel to first blood against Yogo Akarei, who concedes. He is restored as the First Mate of Ashitae Maru.
    19h - Locals agree that the mist has expanded recently and it has never been thicker than lately. People across the island complain on bad dreams.
    20th - La Gata Salvaje closes and is for sale. In-laws of the governor of the East Port sail away for Merenae.
    21th - Construction of the Temple of Sadahako begins.
    22th - 2 people die in the attack of large arachnids along the Misty Road.
    23th - Biblioteca de Hasaxena is finished. Monks and shugenja residing in the Shrine to Kasuga move in.
    24th - Teppodoka are deployed to their new land-based premises in the northeast of the island.
    25th - Seppun Hinami emerges as the Imperial Resident.
    26th - After a meeting with Hantei Jama at the Floral Estates Muhaki Saionji reveals himself to the public, endorsed by the Prince as the true Tortoise Champion. The fealty of all Tortoise on the island is renewed atop Mount Kappa on the construction site of the Temple of Sadahako. Saionji confirms Muhaki Ran as the Someisa supervisor of the temple construction.
    27th - As the mutual attitudes between the Explorers and the denizens of the island improve, Jose de Almeria announces that he will host La Enmascarada at La Finca in a few days, after religious holidays. The demand for masks rises sharply across the local market. This is of course unconnected with the grand opening of Diaz and Ghaznawi Fashion House at the Plaza de Diversidad the same day.
    28th - Bon Festival corresponds on the island with the Kharsite Eve of All Ten. Respective parades cross East and West Port, though in the evening all ecumenically meet on the Burial Grounds. Hantei Jama announces that he will honour his ancestry by conducting the Pilgrimage of the Lost Daughter and disappears for the day. This causes quite the religious curiosity in the Unicorn community for without context they take it as an Imperial celebration of Lady Shinjo's hajj.

Boar:
    1st - The Unicorn celebrate Eid al-Adha, the day when Shinjo sacrificed herself in the Battle against Shadow. It's a very solemn day during which the Unicorn don't speak and fast during the day, and a horse is ritually killed and eaten in the evening at the Purple Mosque.
    2nd - Repairs of Yamato Maru are finished. The ship passes the test voyage along the island. Ide Akaichou is recognised as the Unicorn envoy to the Imperial Explorers.
    3rd - Day of Hida is celebrated by some with heavy drinking. For those who don't stay at home in the West Port, hangovers are likely.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]