Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 10: Boar 5th, 500 (Nov 30th-Dec 4th)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:14 am 

The weather on the island is repetitively predictable: sunny, warm toward hot and quite humid throughout the day, with breezes and winds coming down from Mount Kappa regulating it in favour of bearability, though the vents, both inland and undersea, have been acting up a bit. Bearability is less guaranteed inland, especially in the jungles. Usually there is a light drizzle around midday, but unless there is a storm clouds almost never cover most of the skies.

The moon is gibbous.

The mists are heavier than usual; during the nights they encroach into both ports. Most people haven't slept well lately (The Stamina Roll TN to sleep less than two slots has TN20)

There are reports of a rather surreal battle at the northern cliffs involving samurai, zombie gaijin pirates, angry ghosts and giant spiders. As the mist seems to have dampened the noise of that for both ports, many people disbelieve it. And yet nobody knows how things are at the cliffs now...

There is a masquerade ball at La Finca tonight. Masquarade!

---

Tension!

+3.0 (Cordiality).

The denizens of Kameyama Jima have predominantly dropped their wariness toward the Explorers and their presence grows on them. As both sides adapt to each other, co-existence is peaceful and fruitful. People in both ports pick up Rokugani words and customs, repaying cultural sensitivity with the same coin. All Social and Commerce rolls targeting the inhabitants of the island have TNs lowered by 3. All prices are as printed though discounts happen and haggling is still expected.

All players with at least 2 Ranks in Reputation earn 1 Duty Point this session that can be spent on locally available features. Servant with a foreign background costs 3 xp less. As long as you're fine with a cosmopolitan team, for every 6 Duty Points spent on Crew features while recruiting or exchanging your crew 1 Duty Point is returned. You may review your Crew Duty Point expenditures to free up some Duty Points.

However, at the end of the session every Explorer who has rolled to ease the Tension! further loses the amount of Honour Points equal to the summed up scores of his rolls, plus 0.2 for every full positive rank in Tension! score at the end of the session. Those who possess Gaijin Virtue or Enlightened Advantages do not suffer those Honour losses. Those who are Consumed and Failures of Bushido lose additional 0.2. If anyone has both, Disadvantage takes precedence. This reflects a creeping decomposition of Rokugani morals under gaijin influence.

As the decomposition of traditional Rokugani values is now apparent, more traditional elements within the Explorers or just those who worry about some of their crewmembers going native and not sailing with them are very concerned and watch each other closely. Every gain of Reputation from Tension! is the correspondent conversion of Glory into Infamy, while every gain in Notoriety is a corresponding gain in Glory. In addition, every loss of Honour due to Tension! that exceeds a full rank will generate a Disadvantage from the following: Cursed by Yomi, Failure of Bushido or Consumed (details determined by a joint GM/PC call).

During the day Jama releases an Admiral's Order calling for Full Readiness of the fleet since morning of the next day. He expresses his concern over the honour of the Imperial Explorers becoming too lax and encourages self-reflection. [-0.5 Tension.]

---

This is a new session. All sessional abilities are refreshed. All have received 4xp for previous session, 8 xp with doubling option. They can be spent with immediate effect until first GM-mandated rolls appear in threads. This is also the penultimate session. Get your Sheets in order, VIP counted and act toward finishing personal plot you want concluded on-screen.

---

Events:

Loose Threads [EM10]
Masquerade! [EE10]
The Epic Sass Battle of History [LE10]

Post subject: Re: Day 10: Boar 5th, 500 (Nov 30th-Dec 4th)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:24 pm 

A typical conversation like many among the Explorers:

Quote:
"Have you heard? After receiving the reports about the battle in the north the mist had obscured, the Admiral divested Wataru from his responsibilities as the commander of the Teppodoka."
"Well, it's logical, I guess. He's missed in action from what I heard."
"It's not only that. Gusai Susumu usurped command of them during the battle, and they followed him. There is no longer any confidence to be rebuilt there. And if his own can't trust him to command, how can the Admiral?"
"It looks like Hantei-no-kimi may have been right about him."
"I think it's something a bit more complex than that. He was cleared as the new First Mate at the Walrus after Seppun Kaiya had been transferred to the Grace."
"Yeah, after Miya Edogawa had assumed the command of Yamato. Changes, changes. And I feel more are coming. Who will command the Marines now?"
"Or what's left of them. Even though they prevailed, they had lost a quarter of their men in the battle against spiders. But the name of Kitsu Keiji is mentioned most often. He has been seen reporting to Jama directly in private lately."
"That wouldn't be a bad choice, I think."
"Not a bad one, true. But that would affect the purpose of Ashitae Maru?"
"I wouldn't worry about Miya Suihime's position by the Admiral. She's held in deep confidence. Probably her vessel will have other important tasks once we split."
"Is it anytime soon? That we leave the island?"
"It depends. Probably on the Thranish thing. It seems that the Admiral has been right about them all along, that they won't cease harassing us until we fight back."
"I heard the vessel that our forces fought against last night was the Eternal..."
"Yes. It seems that at least a part of Hawthorne's fleet fled here after the White Stag."
"How could possibly Hantei-no-kimi have known that all along?"
"No idea. He's a Hantei though. Don't expect them to conform to our logic."
"Well, being one step ahead of the rest is what the Mandate of Heaven is about?"
"I don't know, I am not a theologian. But I feel better when my leader knows stuff rather than wanders in the mist, pardon the pun."
"Either way, what's the next step?"
"We're probably going to find out where the Eternal had sailed from and where it sailed back."
"Do you think we will find the Revenant there?"
"From what I heard there were enough revenants already yesterday."
"I mean Hawthorne."
"I don't know. But if death didn't kill him, can we?"

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]