Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 11: Boar 6th, 500 (Dec 5th-9th)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 pm 

The weather on the island is repetitively predictable: sunny, warm toward hot and quite humid throughout the day, with breezes and winds coming down from Mount Kappa regulating it in favour of bearability, though the vents, both inland and undersea, have been acting up a bit. Bearability is less guaranteed inland, especially in the jungles. Usually there is a light drizzle around midday, but unless there is a storm clouds almost never cover most of the skies.

The moon is gibbous.

The banquet at La Finca was quite memorable, but also highlighted some differences between cultures.

---

Tension!

+2.2 (Tentative Cordiality).

The denizens of Kameyama Jima have mostly dropped their wariness toward the Explorers and their presence grows on them. As both sides adapt to each other, co-existence is more peaceful and fruitful. People in both ports pick up Rokugani words and customs, repaying cultural sensitivity with the same coin. All Social and Commerce rolls targeting the inhabitants of the island have TNs lowered by 2. All prices are as printed though discounts happen and haggling is still expected.

Servant with a foreign background costs 2 xp less. As long as you're fine with a cosmopolitan team, for every 8 Duty Points spent on Crew features while recruiting or exchanging your crew 1 Duty Point is returned.

However, at the end of the session every Explorer who has rolled to ease the Tension! further loses the amount of Honour Points equal to the summed up scores of his rolls, plus 0.2 for every full positive rank in Tension! score at the end of the session. Those who possess Gaijin Virtue or Enlightened Advantages do not suffer those Honour losses. Those who are Consumed and Failures of Bushido lose additional 0.2. If anyone has both, Disadvantage takes precedence. This reflects a creeping decomposition of Rokugani morals under gaijin influence.

---

Events:

Final Drills [LM-LE]
Events related to ongoing plots

Post subject: Re: Day 11: Boar 6th, 500 (Dec 5th-8th)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm 

"Was it a full-moon last night?"
"No..."
"Then what was Zorro doing out?"
"Huh?"
"You know the song. 'Out of the night, when the full moon is bright, comes the horseman known as Zorro'!"
"I think that was meant more metaphorically...."
"Then who was that guy?"

----

"Apparently spiders have moved into the caves to the north."
"Spiders? It seems like some good boots could solve that infestation..."
"Giant man-eating Spiders you dummy! The Explorers sent some teams in to find some of their people that went missing."
"How come nothing like this happened before all these folks showed up?"
"I don't know... but you know that pretty girl who was always around the Admiral... apparently she wanted to go collect some of the strings for something... but I didn't see her make it back."
"The teams came back without her? And she's a friend of the Admiral?"
"That's what I hear..."

----

"Did you see the duel?"
"The one between the Scorpion and the Dragon? That sexy man has a way with words."
"Yeah... but also the Tortoise and the Mantis bachelors dueling to see who could spend the most on their outfits."
"Yeah, you could just feel the wealth oozing off of them. Where do I sign up for a sugar daddy like that?"

----

"I think this masquerade was the best idea ever!"
"Why is that?"
"The amount that these folks forked out for clothes... will keep this market running for years."
"Apparently the Rokugani like their fancy parties. Something to remember for the future."

----

"What happened up in leper-town?"
"I don't know... something strange?"
"People were saying there were no lookouts... no movement at the entrance either..."
"I heard they took a pretty big hit in that battle."
"Might've been a better way to go... than slowly losing parts of your body."
"Damn straight. Makes the body shiver."

----

"Did you see the Lion with the grumpy face at the party?"
"Yeah, though I understand where he's coming from."
"Why is that?"
"Imagine you went off to a foreign land and all your friends started dressing up like a towel-head or some freaky cultist in the Ivory Kingdom with all their face paint.... and you're the only one who looks around the room and says... 'What the hell are you all doing'?"
"I guess I get that..."
"Guy's got guts."

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]