Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 0: Rooster 12th, 500 [Oct 12th-15th]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am 

[This is a transitional day, starting a new session]

The morning drizzles are over, and everyone awakens to a crisp autumn day graced by Lady Amaterasu that could still pass as summer if not the keys of cranes flying south. People take to open spaces if their commitments allow for momiji viewing.

The city is abuzz with three developments. Seppun Hiraga is stepping down as the commander of 1st Teppodoka Marines and today's field exercises will let his successor emerge from the ranks of the Imperial Explorers. The garden party organised by the Imperial Matchmaker in her estates in the Northern Outskirts happens in this afternoon, and many expect Odorihime uses it as an excuse to take stock of the bachelors in the Explorer corps. And las but not least, early in the morning Suitengu's Fury docked at the Mantis Quay, heralding an unannounced arrival of Mantis Clan Champion Gusai Ryoshida to the city. Earlier, Ryoshida will watch the drills of the Marines, then he will spend the time with his vassal Shumpei at the Sapphire Abode, so his availability for supplicants will be limited.

The evening chill, while cloudless and not too humid, still calls for cottons over silks for those who are used to more southern climate. Even more so during the night when a stronger wind descends from the mountains, howling at the windows. Lord Onnotangu reminds of himself with the eyelid of the night sky almost completely removed from the pale orb.

---

Time Lapse Information (Must Read)

Events:

Come and Take Them! [Early Morning] & Observation alongside Mantis Champion
The Matchmaker's Garden Party [Late Afternoon]

Post subject: Re: Day 0: Rooster 12th, 500 [Oct 12th-15th]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 am 

"I overheard that Akodo Meikuko had a meeting with the Imperial Matchmaker last night."
"Why's that so surprising?"
"Well, it sounded like they were planning something."
"Why shouldn't they be?"

--------------------------

A tea cup shatters
"Blessed Bishamonten, even the shugenja didn't make as much of a racket as those Seppun Teppo-crats. Every time they start training, it keeps scaring everyone. Bad for business....."

"Yare yare, just watching all those Explorers the past few days.... It's enough to make your head spin!"
"It's enough to make want to just sit down and stare."
"Hai, just a little bi-"
"Oi, you two haven't finished cleaning yet. Off with you! ...... Actually, that one is pretty great...."

"I heard one of the sailors from the Swift Arrow said that there was a shadowy form that followed them while they were out yesterday. Always was out to sea, but moved faster than any ship they'd ever seen."
"No, you heard it wrong. Wasn't the Swift Arrow who saw it, 'twas the Bough of Willow."
"You don't suppose they're both right?"

Post subject: Re: Day 0: Rooster 12th, 500 [Oct 12th-15th]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm 

- The flame-haired Yogo! Such religious fervour! I bet you wouldn't have it in you to tell her in the face anything about that kami being a superstition.

- That gaijin-looking redhead, how is it humanly possible that she's so damn smart? I really could develop an inferiority complex toward the gaijin because of her!

- Tori is my favorite sensei! I don't think there'll be a moment I'll say I can't learn anything else from her. I know you think Ryuden and Hisau are better, but you know shit.

- That man, Anzai, he could make a white rose turn blooming pink... How do I know? Oh. Wait, that sounded wrong. It's not what you think!

- I am glad that the new Jade Magistrate is a Seppun, and our lord's daughter no less. She has wisdom and fighting spirit, a true Monkey Princess!

- You ask me how's Susumu doing with Shumpei and Shingen dividing the turf? C'mon, men like him don't go under. He's still on top of the game.

- Why are you refusing to speak for the second day? Right, you won't tell. So write it down, for kami's sake! ...Hmmm... What? A poem has left you speechless? Whose? Lady of the Golden Moon's Words? I don't believe any poem can do that, quit that prank... Ok, show me that. Oh... ... ..."

- Keiji's back! Last year's winner of the regatta! I bet he's in top form, ready to command the waves! If he doesn't get named the captain of one of the carracks, I'll throw a fit!

- The freckled ronin, damn, I could swear the mums bloom more vividly in the wake of her passing.

- Don't disturb, I am reading the last of Suihime's essays, on Yobanjin dances. That's quality stuff.

- I am glad the Lynx of the Night has seen through that licentious Asako. You can count on the Lion to do the right thing!

- A gunslinger intellectual, isn't he the most interesting man, that Kenzo?

- Kuuru! He almost blew it up! I was so scared! ...and I'd like to see it again. SCIENCE IS AWESOME!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]