Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 1: Rooster 13th, 500 (Oct 16th-19th)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

The morning is chillier by the water while areas more inland keep the relative warmth of previous mornings. Dew abundantly covers most of the autumn vegetation and foliage across the city, inspiring bouts of dew-themed poetry in the Plaza. However, the vicinities of Murayasu's Dojo lose that lustre as many tread over the momiji, being drawn to the first official appearance of Akodo Meikuko in the city who chose to seclude herself in the Icho-ji Monastery on her arrival a few days ago. Counterintuitively, the morning mists have lifted from the kofun during Amaterasu's rise and descend back soon after, shrouding the burial mounds in thick fog during the day, spooking out the weak-hearted. It is amid this fog that Hantei Jama and his entourage arrive from the south before noon, but remain for now in the House of Laurels. The recent tensions between Jama and the governor are known, so there is much restlessness among the Seppun because of what could be happening behind closed doors.

The spook is present in the Dragon's Pan as the inhabitants prepare for full moon that can rise tonight or the next night - this is for some reason debated. Some just move out as a deeper precaution as the arrival of the Imperial Scion brought turmoil to the city last time it happened, and many heimin don't want to be caught in the middle. Yasuki Shingen joins both debates by announcing surprise moonsake-tasting occasion under the slogan "Stay for the Moon" for the evening, bringing down the prices of beverages in his establishment by even 20 per cent!

Life in the Northern Outskirts gets centred around the Tachibana Estates again as one by one the Explorers flock to see the Matchmaker in private audiences to get their marital fate sealed. If they have a reason to drink afterwards, and either way they most likely do, Shingen has the answer.

THe beaches thunder with teppodoka manoeuvres... again. Unsatisfied with yesterday's results, Hiraga is giving the aspirant officers one last chance. In former Feitoria Tsugiko and Yajinden make their first public showing as they join Noriko in their capacities as assistants of the Superintendent of Education to conduct a civil examination for the positions of captains of the Imperial carracks slated for the First Voyage.

The afternoon and evening are autumnal, cotton clothes become a necessity. The night sky happens to be heavily overcast and in the end no-one but astronomers knows whether it has been the full moon or not.

---

Survival of the Most Eligible [Event, EM1]
Come and Take Them! (Redux) [Event, LM1]
Mamma Miya: The Tethering [Event, LM-EE1]
The Examination of Captains [Event, LE1]

Post subject: Re: Day 1: Roster 13th, 500 (Oct 16th-19th)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm 

"How embarrassing... the Imperial Matchmaker's own son going mad and divulging that the Emperor has a long lost daughter... all while at a Garden Party in her own estate! Can you believe how loose he was with his tongue? That's what happens when one can't hold his sake. Imagine if it had been shochu!"

-

"To dare challenge a Lion about the virtues! Saying that they are using them as a "Fashion Statement"! Little Sparrow better watch his tongue, or else a Lion might tear his throat out! This is why the minor clans shouldn't be given a seat at the table..."

-

"My, my. The Explorer's couldn't find a suitable candidate amongst their ranks to command the marines? If they can't lead their gaijin-weapon equipped troops, how do we expect them to survive! I hope they don't call the whole thing off..."

-

"Compared to the other blunderers at the Garden Party, Seppun Hinami was the only one who had the grace to apologize for her behaviour."
"Indeed. It's all thanks to the lady Agasha; such a cultured and honorable soul. Even when a Kakita was itching for a duel, she gave the young girl a valuable lesson instead."

"That Seppun Hinami can go far if she learns from the Lady of the Golden Moon's Words."

-

"Hey, that Mirumoto Kenzo is going to be useful to have on this expedition. Did you see how he was firing two guns into the air while yelling?"
"I had heard the Mirumoto wielded two swords, but two guns?! I wonder if that is going to catch on."
"Maybe he'll pioneer a new style?"

Post subject: Re: Day 1: Roster 13th, 500 (Oct 16th-19th)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 pm 

- Kentoshi-ue's daughter, she really gave me creeps when she was auditing us the other day. I felt like a perfect storm could break loose at any point and obliterate us. I was so stressed I don't even remembered to ask what ministry she was from. Just gave her all the documentation.
- Well, she still reaped more than she had sown during the garden party.
- Nah, she'll come around. Such as her always come around.

---

- Remember Shiba Watatsumi, the blunderer from last year's grand reconstruction? He's been back in town, as Wata the ronin. Heard the Mantis sponsor him now.
- Well, that one has a call from the sea in him, doesn't he?
- I bet he'd fare out there better than here. He's a gentle guy, and this town is replete with sharks worse than the real ones.

---

- Senor Alvaro is in deep trouble. He's been all there is between us and them. Now I fear we'll have a raid on Tasca any day.
- Yeah. I can't wait to get out of here. Hopefully on his ship. He knows the trade better than those perfumed pansies who are after him now.
- Well, well. I heard there's an alternative. Some old-style buccaneer waltzed into their game and is faring well. I'd take a captain from Aberri over any Imperio.

---

- The giant is tinkering again. I saw him at the Wheel asking for new tools. He has good ideas, but... I hope it won't blow things up, whatever it is.
- Yeah. I saw the Tsi who made inogana tinkering too. Wonder if another revolution in military affairs is coming.
- With how I cannot go for a tranquil walk on the beach anymore, Hiraga's revolution is enough for me. I can't wait until the marines leave.
- Oh c'mon, at least seagulls don't shit on you that much there anymore!

---

- We'll have a duel today! A Kakita challenged Susumu!
- Over what?
- Does it matter? The Kakita are trained to find a good reason wherever they go. And I heard that one is savvy with words just fine.
- She'll hand him his butt to tell him how wrong he has been. Eh, law is funny.

---

- Lady of Colours Shining... who is she?
- Koharu!
- No, Ayano!
- Koharu, I tell you! Ayano is so last season. The pupil has surpassed the master.

---

- That Koritome is a quiet type.
- More like grumpy-grump.
- Who cares. With marksmanship like that he can afford being whatever. You don't want to be on the wrong side of his arrow.
- Don't get all worked up. The Moshi is Akodo-trained too, shoots like wonder and shows some battle pateen on top of that.
- Now I'd like a tactical match between them.
- You mean like with teppodoka?
- No, I prefer quieter warfare.

---

- So that Doji jurist is our new Emerald Magistrate?
- Nah. Noname is still her boss and is not going anywhere. But I get where you're coming from with this.
- With her I at least feel there is some visible presence of Imperial Law in the city. Feels safer, you know?
- Really? You think they teach them how to keep you safe on those juridical conferences?

---

- Man, I saw a Suzume today who brought something else than your regular opium to the neighbourhood.
- Err... liquid opium?
- No, people's justice!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]