Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 6: Dog 15th, 500 (Nov 6th-12th)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 am 

The weather on the island is repetitively predictable: sunny, warm toward hot and quite humid throughout the day, with breezes and winds coming down from Mount Kappa regulating it in favour of bearability. Bearability is less guaranteed inland, especially in the jungles. Usually there is a light drizzle around midday, but unless there is a storm clouds almost never cover most of the skies.

The moon remains more or less full. Last night have been bright but still full of terrors. Someone brutally murdered a whore at the House of Smiles. The mist had been thicker than ever, and many people had nightmares of their dead or the imagined monsters of their childhood coming back to them, or for them. [An opportunity for fresh contributions into Nightmares for all those who slept at least one slot during LE5-LN5]

A great storm passed three days ago, but the island is moving on. There's been some damage to the settlements, now mostly fixed. Many trees were felled and now impede inland passages, particularly in the southern part of the island where the storm hit more severely, but the cleanup is proceeding and Genta's Mill has a lot of work.

In the early morning the Imperial Admiral releases a general call for captains and/or their first mates to gather before noon at the Shrine to Muhaki at the Floral Estates to discuss further proceedings of the the Explorers.

---

This is a new session. All sessional abilities are refreshed. All receive 4xp for previous session, 8 xp with doubling option. They can be spent with immediate effect until first GM-mandated rolls appear in threads.

---

Tension!

+0.5 (Kind Neutrality).

The denizens of Kameyama Jima have eased their attitude toward the Explorers and don't look at the ships in their ports with the same trepidation as when they had arrived. The Rokugani have been mostly friendly and they spend good money. Caution prevails, but not open apprehension. Quite the contrary, the attempt to settle has encouraged many locals to be proactive and help the Explorers adapt. All Social and Commerce rolls targeting the inhabitants of the island have normal TNs. All prices are increased by 10% which can be waived through haggling. However, at the end of the session every Explorer who has rolled to ease the Tension! further loses the amount of Honour Points equal to the summed up scores of his rolls, plus 0.2 for every full positive rank in Tension! score at the end of the session. Those who possess Gaijin Virtue or Enlightened Advantages do not suffer those Honour losses. Those who are Consumed and Failures of Bushido lose additional 0.2. This reflects a creeping decomposition of Rokugani morals under gaijin influence.

---

Events:
The Original Purpose [LM6]
The Original Sin [EA6, Event]

There is no global event for D6 in order to:
    - Allow people who had busy weekend to catch up on Day 5 Event (still open)
    - Develop personal plots more
    - Leave time for exploration and adventure modules

Post subject: Re: Day 6: Dog 15th, 500 (Nov 6th-9th)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 am 

Random Rumours

- Such an unpleasant, ill-mannered and uncivilized man is that Zabieru. He is a disgrace for the Imperial Explorers.
- If you could call his 'kind' as a 'man'.
- Hai, you are right. It won't be long until his true colours will be revealed. Men like him always bite off more than they can chew.
- It's only a matter of time. The half-breed will self-destruct.

---

- Of all the explorers, that white-haired lady in green seems to be the most respectful guest so far.
- Lady Uxue, I believe her name was? Heard she's an artisan and an accomplished poet.
- If you want anything done with the Explorers, I'd talk to her.

---

-You know those really nasty wasps? I heard one of the explorers, some guy named Mirumoto-something, actually caught a live one!

---

- I could probably welcome these 'Explorers' more if it weren't for the captain of their flagship. That Xabier isn't someone I would want to be associated with, and they'd do best to scrape him off their boots like the excrement he is.

---

- If I had to choose one to talk to from the flagship of that new fleet, I'd seek out the man in red called Shosuro Anzai. He speaks Merenaese like a natural, and is quite the charmer.

---

- I'd keep an eye on those Imperials from the ships, especially those two Miya. I don't trust the girl, and the boy is a disgrace.

---

- Have you seen the Dragon Healer? Her bed side manner...
- I only hope she puts her hands on me...
- Still, her skills are quite tender and caring, who wouldn't want to be her patient!

---

- La Gobernadora is something else. Her taste in scenery is quite lovely. Yet her demeanor calls to looking closer.
- That's not all that calls to look closer to her... have you seen those breeches?
- ... But don't you dare cross her. She's a cutthroat.
- I think that's why I like her..."

---

- That Scorpion has come through hasn't he? Already, it seems like he owns the place.
- More like La Gobernadora owns him. Why is a low level diplomat living in her estate?
- There's something about him, so unsettling.
- We shouldn't ignore him, I've heard that eye can curse who he dislikes.

Post subject: Re: Day 6: Dog 15th, 500 (Nov 6th-9th)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:59 pm 

Real Estate Rumour Mill

- You know the Mantis who is the leader of their musketeers?
- Nope. They don't behave as if they have a leader.
- Yeah, the guy is kind of... low-profile?
- Mildly phrased. Living in a shack won't help him one bit in gaining respectability.
- Stink to stink, dirt to dirt.
- Sounded deep, but I didn't get your meaning.
- Because you're shallow.

---

- So Bellena dropped her Rokugani guise and is Juanito's advisor again? I heard she moved into La Finca.
- I think she'll play double game as long as she can. Too many benefits in having that shapely ass on both stools.

---

- I heard of a quality apothecary in the Hoof, but can't find my way there.
- It's where the Ide congregate, so maybe it's confidential.
- Do you think they make drugs there?
- Sure. Just not the ones you think of.

---

- One of the Imperios took residence at Ra's!
- *le gasp* Poor, poor soul. I have no love for those arrogant assholes, but that I wouldn't wish to anyone.
- ...Yeah.

---

- Aiteru attracts good clientele. I heard a princess took residence at his place. He spares her no comfort.
- Call it money laundering, level expert.
- And he struck some kind of commercial arrangement with one of the Rokugani captains.
- Call it smuggling, level master.

---

- So, a pair of Kasuga's cousins took over an empty residence in the Hillside together.
- ...are they married?
- I don't think so.
- Oh my.
- But she is.
- Oh my, squared.
- At least the small girl that is the captain of one of their ships has the decency to do the same alone.
- I wouldn't be too sure about the decency part.

---

- I heard that Plaza de Diversidad is quite popular with the Explorers.
- Yeah, it's affordable, though the noise may bother.
- Probably the sullen guy who moved into harpoonist's shop is not too bothered.
- Probably the Imperio that moved deeper into Esperanza's residential actually is.

---

- Don Xavier retrieved his family residence!
- That... sounds expensive. Even without the prime location envy.
- It surely was! Either he robbed a bank or... took a loan.
- Good luck robbing La Casa with Don Jose inside.
- So, a loan. He should start accruing the money to pay it back, and fast.

---

- I don't blame the Explorers for hurting to secure a room at the Floral Estates. The view, the fragrance, the rolling hills...
- Are you still talking about the place or already talking about Yubari?
- I guess the Imperio princess with the eerie cat is not like that.
- But the dashing rooster certainly is! They call him the Rose Whisperer.
- Now I wonder if Yubari's roses will listen.

---

- At least one of them knew where the goodies are and moved into Amigo.
- She's a Muhaki, so no wonder! I am actually going to hit on her. The freckles turn me on hard.
- You're ugly but if she is constantly drunk maybe you have a shot!
- Screw you, I am the dream of every girl!
- Yeah, right.

---

- So Armando's is suddenly a hostel?
- They accommodated the singing captain.
- Wonder if he pays them in songs.
- He doesn't need to, they can't rip him on a place that stinks so much.
- I call it an authentic scent.
- I call it an acquired scent. But he may get used to?
- Or soak it all in.

---

- So the spooky giant moved into the Smiles.
- Into a whore's room no less.
- Must be love.
- Or desperate sugar-daddiness.
- Such cynicism.
- Though I don't think there's much to sweeten.
- Rude. Hmph.

---

- So the busybee Mantis and his fiancee don't live together?
- Yeah, all proper, she in one corner of Little Aqahba, he on another.
- He lives with two sexy and promiscuous gypsies in the Hoof. The girls peddle fig booze.
- She lives with two handsome and alluring musicians near the Painted Square.
- Such a good betrothal.
- Wipe your face, you drool sarcasm.

---

- A bunch of some crazy Rokugani zealots took over Kasuga's place!
- The outrage!
- Yeah, our geezers are furious! No good place for our respected pensioners now to go about the autumn of their life with rum-soaked dignity! They hope that the stink will evict the pushy loonies eventually.
- They need to act now! Go on strike! Start committees!
- Farting committees! They can accelerate the process!
- ... You're gross.
- What? Farting? Old farts? Don't you get it? It's a dad joke.
- Go drown in Kasuga's Bay.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]