Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Day 7: Dog 16th, 500 (Nov 12th-16th)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:21 am 

The weather on the island is repetitively predictable: sunny, warm toward hot and quite humid throughout the day, with breezes and winds coming down from Mount Kappa regulating it in favour of bearability. Bearability is less guaranteed inland, especially in the jungles. Usually there is a light drizzle around midday, but unless there is a storm clouds almost never cover most of the skies.

The moon begins to wane.

A great storm passed four days ago, but its consequences are mostly cleaned up.

In the early morning there is a iaijutsu duel scheduled between Matsu Yasuhiro and Muhaki Zabieru. As is the island's custom it will take place on the Cay of Trials.

In the late morning Seppun Hikari performs burial rites for Imperial Explorers lost at sea.

---

Tension!

+0.9 (Kind Neutrality).

The denizens of Kameyama Jima have eased their attitude toward the Explorers and don't look at the ships in their ports with the same trepidation as when they had arrived. The Rokugani have been mostly friendly and they spend good money. Caution prevails, but not open apprehension. Quite the contrary, the attempt to settle has encouraged many locals to be proactive and help the Explorers adapt. All Social and Commerce rolls targeting the inhabitants of the island have normal TNs. All prices are increased by 10% which can be waived through haggling. However, at the end of the session every Explorer who has rolled to ease the Tension! further loses the amount of Honour Points equal to the summed up scores of his rolls, plus 0.2 for every full positive rank in Tension! score at the end of the session. Those who possess Gaijin Virtue or Enlightened Advantages do not suffer those Honour losses. Those who are Consumed and Failures of Bushido lose additional 0.2. If anyone has both, Disadvantage takes precedence. This reflects a creeping decomposition of Rokugani morals under gaijin influence.

---

Events:

There is no global event for D7. The Explorers are supposed to explore the Northern Waters. Any number of crews may commit to it on this day. These adventure modules will take priority. From now on any meaningful discovery brought to Jama's attention (location, item, map, pertinent information - GM's Call) will be rewarded by 20 VIP per discovery per meaningfully participating character (GM's Call).

There is a pocket combat event that can be triggered whenever a group of at least 4 PC combatants and 2 PC non-combatants assembles to take part in it.

Personal plots will be developed and can morph into mini-events with their own rewards.

Post subject: Re: Day 7: Dog 16th, 500 (Nov 12th-16th)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 am 

"The Rose Whisperer. Now an agent of the Emerald Magistrate!"
"How do you figure that?"
"I saw him meeting with that Doji woman late last night!"
"You idiot. A Scorpion meeting with a Doji woman at night can only mean one thing."
"I suppose so... but it did look rather official..."

---

"I heard why the explorer's are here. Hunting down a certain pirate dog!"
"Why?"
"The answer is obvious. Treasure!"

---

"I was there, and can't believe it. He just... murdered old Esteban. The man just wanted a hug."
"A hug? With a foreign prince? The geezer was so deranged that he was done a favour to be put out of his drunken misery."
"But a disfavour for sailors. Say what you want about Esteban, but he held the Nail together. Now I don't know."
"Those Rokugani from the mainland are scary still. The ease they kill with..."
"Still, most of them cared to explain themselves."
"You mean their leader. Why was he called Ricardo?"
"No idea. But he has something Merenaese about him."
"You're deluded."

---

"I am not going to the Smiles anymore. People get drained there."
"The prices have gone up? Otherwise, well, is it not kinda the purpose of going there?"
"Of their blood, moron. One of the girls was found in a dumpster behind it, no drop of blood left in her."
"...Can we please change the subject...?"

---

"There was some big meeting of those Imperios at the Estados Florales."
"They are up to something."
"I have it on good account that not all was pleasant there."
"You have an insider by the governess?!"
*whistles*

---

"I saw some high-profile people of that expedition from the Empire enter the Purple Mosque."
"Do you think they're going to convert?"
"No idea. But it's a smart move to get on good footing with the Unicorn."
"Yeah, I heard them claiming that the future belongs to them. Wonder what they are up to."

---

"My friend said he saw Sheikh al-Hattar entering the Mosque!"
"That's nothing. There's a new hidalgo in town. I heard one Don Salvador talked with Juanito."
"While my friend swears he witnessed Fuad meeting one called Sanzayun Pasha at Atabek's."
"Quite the turnout of important people, on top of a Hantei Prince. A pity it's bogus. I work at Los Muelles, there was no inbound ship lately. But several outbound."
"Logical. I guess Mahasin and de Almerias needed to inform their bosses of what has transpired here."

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]