Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:25 am 

Utsusemi tensed as she caught their movements in the corner of her eye, and she avoided looking in their direction. She could tell from Kenzo's movements too that he was aware... it was unnescessary to point it out or say anyhting on it.

Whatever they had planned, it would be best to hold off, considering they were being watched.

As Kenzo seemed to keep an eye on the group, she cast a few glances behind them as she followed her yojimbo.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 am 

The guards continue to make their move, nonchalant asking questions of those who they come across. Seemingly intimidated by their presence, the people shake their heads as they approach. One guard who was looking at you once before turns to your direction and continues to walk down the street, giving a occasional glance at the two of you before stopping by, looking to the men before him, then turns a corner and goes out of your sight down a alley. His loud voice goes to yet another person, asking what you can assume was a similar thing to another civilian.

The man in question still has not left his hiding spot, as much as you are aware.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 am 

Watching the men, Kenzo mentally winced. They seemed a little more professional, a little more intimidating than he had first assessed them.

Still walking, Kenzo spoke softly to Utsu. "I think perhaps I should suggest a new plan. We go somewhere else. We try some of those candied nuts; I'm rather curious about them. We continue to enjoy each others' company." He smiled. "And tomorrow, I put in a few extra hours working on the shrine."

He shook his head. "But it's just too dangerous to get involved without even knowing if what we'd be doing is right."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 am 

The Agasha breathed in deeply as Kenzo spoke. She hated having to be intimidated... it was after all an all too familiar feeling, but there was wisdom in Kenzo's words. And in this matter, he was the guardian... it was best to obey.

Utsusemi gave a nod. "... You're right," she murmured. "Sorry... I guess I shouldn't have tried to get us involved in this."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:08 am 

The young man sticks his head out once more ever so slightly to see the condition of the guard. Pausing to look around for a moment from his fish barrel, he looks around to see his condition. It seemed that those in the search had looked the other way for the moment, having spread out from his position. It wasn't much to go on, but he slowly began to rise up from the barrel to see a glimpse of a escape in the exact way he had come from. Seeing no other option, he pulled himself out the barrel, keeping his voice down from the sheer amount of disgust apparent on his face from having to there and made his move, knocking over the barrel in his attempt to make his exit, pouring fish all over the floor.

The obvious owner, seeing his product on the ground, starts to grow angry at the sight before him and shouts at the young man, who bows his head in a apologetic manner before looking around and make a dash for it. His feet not allowing for much traction due to the slippery, fishy surface, but he eventually made his way back the way he came.

The shouting, however, attracts the guards attention back to the, moving at full speed thru the area, eventually going thru the area of the fish and, losing traction, promptly caused several of them to lose their balance, and the apparent head of the house to fall on the ground, taking several of his guards with him in a failed attempt to regain his balance.

It was quite the spectacle for all to see, and there were a number of people (far enough to not be easily recognizable to the faces of the members of the House), who started to laugh at the sight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 am 

Kenzo shook his head, giving her a faint smile. "You don't have to apologize to me, Utsu-sama. Certainly not now. After all, I had the same impulse." He sighed. "But I just don't see any way..."

And then, chaos erupted. Kenzo watched, his eyes wide, as one fish-related catastrophe led smoothly into another. His yojimbo reflexes served him well, as his foot deflected a sliding fish that had been heading towards Utsusemi.

Kenzo didn't quite laugh, but he did smile, turning to look at Utsu. "Well. I'm suddenly reminded of what my sensei taught me. Sometimes the best choice is to wait and see."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:30 am 

The female Dragon watched the fishy caper with a mixture of hope for the young protagonist who was trying to stay one jump ahead of the mob, and shock to how quickly the group dissolved into chaos once the slippery big fish evaded them.

Her laugh became an awkward cough she surpressed it, taking a step behind Kenzo as he so heroicly saved her from the pesky pisces coming their way.

"*ahem*... maybe we should take a hint from the young man and make ourselves scarce too?" she suggested in a low tone, though a smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 am 

When Kenzo turned around, he was smiling, his brown eyes alight with humor. "Indeed, Utsu-sama. A fine idea. Once again, it seems we are of the same opinion." He stepped with a bit of energy around her, his steps almost mimicking those of one of the local dances, before shifting into a more normal walk, leading the way towards a different part of the Hoof.

As he did so, he turned, giving Utsu another smile. "I think he's going to be alright. In addition to a healthy lead, he also seemed to have a lot of spirit. Determination." His lips quirked. "It should hold him in good stead until the next disaster he's at the center of." Kenzo shook his head, a little ruefully, reminded of some times he'd felt rather like that himself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 am 

Utsusemi cast glances behind them as they walked, either to spot the fleeing young man, or the guards that might come after them after that uncomfortable stare-down.

"Hmm... takes one to know one, would you say?" she chuckled briefly. Maybe in another scenario that might have been Kenzo, after all.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 am 

At that, Kenzo shot a quick glance back, his gaze a little uncertain. After a moment, he smiled ruefully. "Something like that." He said, his tone matching his expression. "Although, ah, not exactly like that." He said, reddening just a touch. "Quite a different reason entirely. Much more along the lines of the lemur skeleton."

He sighed. "But... I've sometimes had more determination than sense, and certainly more than I've had regard for what other people have told me to do. Walking my own path, as I've said." His lips quirked, glancing back at her again. "I'd like to think that what is right has been a concern of mine, though."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm 

"I'm merely teasing," she added with a small laughter to her tone. "Running away doesn't seem your style."

Utsusemi cast another glance behind them.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm 

It didn't take long for those of the House to regain their composure, followed by a few shouts from the laughter of the crowd. One could assume by his tone that he was not used to being the bunt of the joke in this situation.

Which could only make the poor man's fate all the worse, if you were to sit and think about it. As they all gathered themselves off the ground, they proceeded to carefully remove themselves from the fish and once more give chase, the man himself having a considerable head start now.

As they leave, the crowd begins to scatter, still laughing at it all, while the poor stall owner looks upon his mostly ruined product, picking up what was still salvageable and placing it back into the barrel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:57 pm 

"Are you, now?" Kenzo shot her a grin. "Well, thank you. Although, who knows, perhaps if I'd broken that lemur skeleton five minutes earlier than I did..." Well, in truth, they'd have just found him a little bit farther along in the process of desperately trying to stick it back together.

He turned back to watch the last of the spectacle with the naked man, his eyebrows up. "Well. That's that. I wonder if that sort of thing happens often here." He said, shaking his head and chuckling. "I'm afraid the metaphor with the anthill might not apply here. Or I'll never look at ants quite the same way again."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:00 pm 

"Mm," she nodded. Something was on her mind as she looked back at Kenzo.

"... I wonder who he was, and who they were..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 pm 

"Oh?" Kenzo stopped, turning to her, his expression interested. "It is a curious incident. One really can't help but wonder."

He smiled as he studied her expression. "But I gather there's something on your mind. I should be glad to hear it, if you would like to share."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm 

'It's just... I was thinking of inquiring to their identities, but... I don't know if it is a good idea. They already seemed to have an eye on us earlier."

The last thing she wanted was for something to happen to Kenzo because of her curiousity.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:13 pm 

"They did, yes." Kenzo frowned thoughtfully. "But we've done nothing wrong. I think we just stand out a bit in the crowd. Even this crowd." He chuckled at that.

He glanced back the way they came, still frowning thoughtfully. "I don't think there'd be much problem with it Besides..." He gave her a sidelong smile, "-I'll admit to some curiosity on my part as well. And it should be safe." He'd see to that.

Slowly, he began leading the way back to the square they'd just left. "Perhaps the fish-merchant, if he speaks a language we know? I'm fairly certain he'd be eager to talk, if he knows anything."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 am 

As you approach back to the square, the chaos you once left has slowly begun to regain its composure to something more reminiscent of when you first arrived. People continued on to their business and there seemed newer faces around the market with the notable and obvious exception of the stall owners. There in lies the older fish marketer, still cleaning up the mess of his product.

No one seems to pay you any mind as you approach the man. When you arrive, he glances up at you for a moment and says something in another language, similar to that of the one you've been hearing most of the day before going back to work, picking up anything that could be salvaged, dusting off what he could before putting it back into the barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:21 am 

"Excuse me," she tried in Merenaese as they approached, seeing as it was a fairly wide-spread language on the island. "Merenaese?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am 

He looks up at you, somewhat shocked that you actually spoke the tongue and looks over. "Si. It helps to know the tongue being so close to them." He stops to pick up a fish from the barrel and holds it out in one hand. It has some small bruises, but, from the little you've known of fish on your journey here, could still pass for being edible. "Fish may look beat up, but they are a good catch and I wouldn't be picking up something I wouldn't eat myself. Just extra cleaning is required. Sell it to you for a few coin less than normally. It's a good chance for you to enjoy quality fish at a discount."

Looking to Kenzo, he hold the fish up to him. "Buy your beautiful lady some fish? Women love men who know how to cook for them, you know; keeps the relationship strong."

Page 4 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next