Login FAQ  
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




 Page 3 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo gave her a warm smile. "From different beginnings, to the same path. I think that on many matters, we are very much of one mind, Utsusemi...-sama." It was just a moment of hesitation before the honorific, but he hoped his meaning was clear.

He took another bite of the sweetbread. "As another example, I think we're of the same mind on this pastry. Very well chosen, Utsu-sama." One more bite, and the rest of his cake was finished. Kenzo cleaned off his fingers with great attention to detail, wiping them carefully on the provided paper.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Suddenly, a handsome man dressed in just a turban and a basket around his hips, sustained by a grip on the latticework preserving his modesty, crossed the street in great haste. He was followed by angry shouts.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Whatever Utsusemi had planned to say was quickly forgotten at the random scene happening before their eyes, as was the last bite of the sweetbread.

"Uhh... " she glanced at Kenzo. "... Maybe we should help?"

Utsusemi did try to hear what the shouting was all about.



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
It was hard to tell, it was all in Mekhem. But it did sound a lot like profanities because of the concentrated amount of harsh consonants.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
While it was convenient, Kenzo's status as yojimbo was in no way a fiction. His head turned sharply at the sound of angry yelling. He blinked, though, upon seeing the man, turban, and thankfully the basket.

"Errr..." Kenzo glanced back and forth between Utsu and the scene on the street. "I'm... not entirely sure how we can help." Still, he shifted forward, putting his weight on his feet, his body tensing.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Not quite sure what they were saying, Utsusemi instinctively stepped closer to Kenzo. "... Do you understand what they're saying? I don't."



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo, too, stepped a little closer. Unlike before, he didn't angle his body towards her. This time, he angled his body away, the better to quickly draw if necessary.

He gave a quick shake of his head. "I don't recognize it. It's not Yobanjin." He hesitated a moment, and added "It sounds angry, but that may be an assumption on my part."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
The man frantically looked around seeking cover, and not thinking much jumped into a fish barrel where no-one was currently looking. The law of Al-Khamedisi pushed many of wriggling sprats out but the man just pulled a lid over his head when the angry crowd which looked like a masculine part of some family entered the street, shouting and spreading around in their search. The language they used was probably Mekhem, it sounded very similar to what all people around used.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Utsu looked away from the man's hiding spot, hoping to avoid drawing attention to it. Honestly, why were such a large group ganging up on a man who only had his head-covering and a minimum of modesty left?

"... Let's wait, until the group has left? Then maybe we can find out why so many are chasing a nearly naked man?" she asked Kenzo as quietly as the situation allowed her. If he considered it too dangerous, she would listen, but for now she was a little concerned for the man who was outnumbered and underdressed.



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo, following Utsu's lead, he turned towards her, a pleasant smile on his face, even if his eyes were a little wide.

"Perhaps." Kenzo chewed his lip a moment, considering. Perhaps it was the scoundrel part of his mind, but he began to have a suspicion for why a bunch of related men might be chasing a different undressed man. "I rather suspect that the best thing we can do for him is pretend we didn't see anything. We're just having a pleasant conversation, enjoying each others' company, and some pastry." His lips twisted. "It has the advantage of being true, too."

Kenzo's posture relaxed, turning more to face Utsu once more, although he still kept one eye on the angry men.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Utsusemi raised an eyebrow; she had a suspicion that Kenzo was picking up something from the situation that she was not.

"Of course, I mean... but..." she was decidedly not looking in the direction where he was hiding, but she did cast a glance in the direction of the angry men's path. "... There's something you're not telling me?"



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo cleared his throat, tilting his chin up just a little. It was something she'd probably recognize he did when he was a little embarrassed. "I rather suspect..." Kenzo cleared his throat again, his cheeks reddening just a little. "Well, the man is nude, which is presumably how he was when they started chasing him. And all of the people chasing him seem to be men, with a certain family resemblance."

With a sigh, Kenzo's gaze went skyward. "And so, I rather suspect that, well, he was found with a sister, or perhaps a wife. Undressed." He cleared his throat one last time. "Or so I would surmise. It would seem to fit the facts, as we know them."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Utsusemi's eyebrows rised in response at first, eyes widening a little.

"Oh." She managed after a moment of silence, looking a little flushed herself.

Guess some things never change no matter where or who in the world you are... I wonder about the other one involved in this particular scandal, though.

"... Ahem... yes, an astute observation, Kenzo-san..."



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo's lips twisted further. "Thank you, Utsu-sama." He said wryly. "It may not be the most worthy end I've applied my logic to, but at least we have a possible answer."

For a moment, Kenzo looked at her, lips pursed thoughtfully. If he found himself in a similar situation... he shook his head. It wasn't worth considering. He certainly wouldn't run, leaving her to sort out the mess herself.

"Well." He murmured. "This day is certainly full of excitement. It's difficult to pick a high point." He gave her a smile. ""Although baklava and civets is making a very good showing."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
"It certainly is hard to choose," Utsusemi gave a surprised chuckle, looking back to Kenzo instead of looking at the group of angry men.

It did cross her mind as well what would happen if they were to end up in a similar position, though she had a hard time picturing Kenzo running away from his own consequences... though she could certainly imagine him equally underdressed for the occassion.

"Though... considering the parallels of one's position, perhaps we can at least see that he gets somewhere safe to put on some clothes?"



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo sighed, although he was still smiling. "Perhaps so. Our chance to generate some positive kharma?" He looked at her, his gaze fond. "In point of fact, I was just thinking of how I will do my best to never disappoint you. No matter the circumstances."

"Hmmm..." Kenzo glanced around, his eyes narrowed. With a jerk of his head, he indicated a stall across the way. "They seem to sell bolts of cloth. Perhaps that would be enough..." He hesitated, looking again at the angry men. "We should beware becoming too involved, though. Safety should be our first consideration."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Utsusemi made a thoughtful 'hm'-sound, nodding in agreement to what Kenzo said about both kharma and his suggested plan.

"That sounds like it could work..." she looked in the opposite direction of the hiding spot. "We could leave it next to where he's hiding, for him to find once he's ready to leave."



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo chuckled, shaking his head. "Well, then. I suppose this makes a plan. It really says something about the sort of day that I've been having that this is far from the strangest thing to happen."

He nodded. "Well, perhaps we should make our purchase now. It's no good if he comes out, and we're still trying to make our purchase." Casually, Kenzo began to lead the way across to the cloth stall, making sure to edge well away from the angry men.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Posts: 27
As you pass by the men, far off as you seem to think you are, your foreign natures are still apparent enough to draw their attention to you. One of them in particular gives you a lingering pause, staring you down before conferring with the men in their native tounge, pointing at you. The other man, staring at you once more, looks to the other man and gives a loud boisterous laugh before waving his hands away and pointing him onward towards a alley, stopping random civilians along the way to ask for questions.



_________________
God of Small NPCs and Other Things ✿ Crouching Dog ✿ Master of GIF-Fu ✿ Snarky ✿ Experienced 0
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo was torn. It was not in his nature to back down, but of course it wasn't just himself that he was considering. As a yojimbo, his concerns came second.

And so, he only held the man's gaze for a moment before his eyes flickered forward instead, looking to their destination instead of towards the threat. At the same time, though, Utsu would probably notice his stride slow, just a little, adjusting to remain between her and the angry men as they walked. And while his arms still moved casually, the fingers of his right hand flexed, stretching just a little. If anything happened, he would be ready.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 3 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group