Login FAQ  
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




 Page 5 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo, of course, didn't speak the language. He gave a minute sigh, shaking his head, and gesturing respectively towards Utsu.

"I would guess from context that he wants me to buy a fish?" He said softly, amused. "Do let me know if you need me to do anything." He folded his arms across his chest, prepared to wait as Utsu spoke.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:52 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Utsusemi gave a brief chuckle at what was officially a misunderstanding, and a brief nod to Kenzo. "Ah, no, he is my... guardian," she said, looking once more to her yojimbo. Her Merenaese had a strong accent, though was perfectly understandable, and she hesitated only a little as she was searching for the right word. "He knows other languages I don't, but not Merenaese."

As for the fish... well, maybe she would buy it, depending on what he said. "Do you know who they were? The man hiding here, and those chasing him?"



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Posts: 27
He nods and gives a small laugh. "Oh, my apologies." He says, looking over to him and nods before looking back at her. "Those people were from a group of people from House Enour. From what I know, they are visiting their holdings in the area all the way from Medinaat al-Salaam. The young man they were chasing, I have seen around town a few times, but I know little of him. Although..." He gives a small laugh. "Even a old tonto like me can take a guess as to what happened. Perhaps the House Head's Wife, perhaps his daughter. Perhaps both. Who can tell with the rampant promiscuity of the youth here." He gives a honest shrug. "They did seem most upset about whomever it was he did, and, from what I overheard..."

He pauses and looks at her. "I do not wish to say it. Such things are not becoming of a lovely señora to hear, so far from her home."



_________________
God of Small NPCs and Other Things ✿ Crouching Dog ✿ Master of GIF-Fu ✿ Snarky ✿ Experienced 0
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
That made her raise an eyebrow. Sometimes good manners were such a nuisance, but at least she could acknowledge that even the common folk of the island had good manners... except for the old men at Kasuga's shrine. Those were so far a glaring exception to a lot of things.

"Ah," she smiled, demurely lowering her eyes. "You truly have good manners, señor... I must say, not everyone show such care, but in our time here we have grown accustomed to the much more frank speech of the island. It can't possibly be worse than what sailors might say out at sea?"


----

D8 LA At the Hoof. Courtier (Manipulation)/Awa. "No, really, it's ok to tell me." +5 Free Raise Doji Courtier.: 7d10ro1o10k4+5 42



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Posts: 27
"Well..." He sighs, feeling embarrassed that he had to be the one spread the message, though it seemed less like him being nice and more like him wanting to not insult a potential customer.

"They joked about your hair color. Said it reminded them of their abuela. Then their head of the House said that he'd visit his abuela more if she looked like you." He does look. "It does not bother me, señora, though I might be a bit biased." He points to his white beard and grins.



_________________
God of Small NPCs and Other Things ✿ Crouching Dog ✿ Master of GIF-Fu ✿ Snarky ✿ Experienced 0
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Abuela? Utsusemi blinked a few times as she tried to place the word. Then she laughed as she understood. And here she had been worried it was something terribly lewd.

"I see, I see," she chuckled still with a shake of her head. "I suppose it is unusual here, but for my family, it is a way to honour a great hero of our family whose hair was turned white by a spirit he defeated."

He was a good man, she decided. "How much for the fish, señor?" It felt like it was the least she could do for him, and it felt like the right thing to do.



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Posts: 27
He laughs along with her, seeing as she was not so sensitive to their comments. It was important to not take things so seriously here. [color=#FF0000"It seems like quite a lot to do for one hero, but if it helps you memorialize your heroes for their sacrifice, you won't hear a bad comment from me about it. That's what the kids lack around here these days; respect for their elders and what they did for them. Have a child myself who runs around doing who knows what; wouldn't even dye his hair brown for his family.[/color] He shakes his head, thinking about the subject, but stops himself short of prattling on.

"For you, a whole fish for 3 real de vellón. I'll even make sure it's a good one." A large smile came over his face, happy that he could still sell his product, despite seeing it fall to the ground. "As I said, it should be fine, but make sure to clean it well, just in case. In for a treat, though; Dorada is a excellent fish."



_________________
God of Small NPCs and Other Things ✿ Crouching Dog ✿ Master of GIF-Fu ✿ Snarky ✿ Experienced 0
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
Back in Rokugan, conducting commerce in the open like this was unbecoming for proper samurai... especially for good Doji girls. But Utsusemi was determined to flow with the customs of the locals, as she understood that haggling and bargaining were a part of their society, much like how the game of refusals were a part of Rokugani society.

"Three?" she said with some surprise. "You wouldn't have sold it for that much to a real abuela."

She wasn't a master at it, but she got an A for effort?


---

D8 LA At the Hoof. Commerce/Awareness to haggle. "3 bu for that, you must be mad!" 1 raise.: 5d10o10k4 29



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Posts: 27
"But it is a fine quality fish. Dorada is a delicacy here, you know." He says, staring at her face with a broad smile, approving of her response (19). "But you are right. I'll give you the Abuela discount as well. Say we'll knock it down a few coin and I'll throw in another fish for your guardian at no additional cost. So 1 real de vellón for the lot. Sound fair?"

He nods, doing some internal math as he spoke, satisfied with the overall profit margin.

All things considered.



_________________
God of Small NPCs and Other Things ✿ Crouching Dog ✿ Master of GIF-Fu ✿ Snarky ✿ Experienced 0
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
Posts: 2397
It seemed like quite a change in the price, and she wasn't sure if it was really a good bargain, but he seemed honest and nice enough. And if she went too low, he might feel insulted.

"That sounds fair, señor," Utsusemi nodded, smiling pleasantly. "You're a good man."

She shot a glance to Kenzo. "Guess it's fish for dinner. And breakfast. You'll help with cooking, right?"



_________________
Dragon Clan • Waifu • Poet • Sensational Artisan • Chadō Master • Courtier • Imperial Chaperone • Second Officer of the Kunshu Maru • Healer
Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo laughed cheerfully. "Of course it is. I admit, I was already mentally preparing myself." He shot her a grin. "Fortunately, I happen to like fish. And Neko-sama will be very pleased, indeed."

A glance at the fish, and Kenzo gave the slightest of sighs. He might like fish, but perhaps not so much that he wanted to carry it for hours... ah well. It was for a good cause.

He glanced down the alley where the chase had led. "Did he answer the rest of our questions as well?"



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Treasure [D8 LA]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Posts: 27
He begins to grab the fish he was holding and wrap it up in white cloth. After which, he looked around the barrel and grab a second one for her companion. Not as meaty or as well in shape as the other, but still could pass for a edible one, from what you could gather from eating enough of them on the trip. He also wrapped that one up individually and placed it along side his first one.

"Think nothing of it." He glances over to you, awaiting payment. He expectantly holds out his hands to collect the agreed upon price.

After it is done, he smiles and in a hushed tone, keeps his head down a little, speaking as low as he could in the crowd as he hands over the fish.

"Maybe...tomorrow, you should look into doing some fishing. Harpooning in particular is a fine craft, especially for whale meat. I know of a store there who could set you up. Been there for a very long time, you see. Three generations, and maybe soon run by the fourth. If you have a interest, maybe go speak to him about harpooning, or anything else you may have in mind."

He lifts his head up and smiles at her. "Far be it from me to tell a beautiful abuela what she should do with her day, though."



_________________
God of Small NPCs and Other Things ✿ Crouching Dog ✿ Master of GIF-Fu ✿ Snarky ✿ Experienced 0
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 5 of 5 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group