Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: A Guy and a Gai-jin (D12, LM)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 am 

Bellena walked through the busy streets to a vendor near the garrison. The whole town and garrison was in a particularly ruckus mood in preparation for the excursion later that afternoon. Bellena found the right vendor and purchased the gunpowder she needed after expending all of hers the previous day. As she turned around to leave she saw a familiar and peculiar face in the crowd.

She approached and bowed, “Matsu-sama, pleasure to see you again.”

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: A Guy and a Gai-jin (D12, LM)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:33 am 

The Lion had been on his way back to his ship when Bellena approached him. He'd been in the area to complete a few last minute purchases after speaking at the church.

Returning the woman's bow, he offered the older woman a polite smile. "It has been a while Muhaki-san, I hope you've been well since we last spoke?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:07 pm 

She nodded politely, "I have. And you? I hear you've been put in charge of one of the ships today. Congratulations."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 pm 

"Not particularly." He offered easily. "I have, Miya-sama does not have much experience in battle, so for the moment ive been asked to take command. I'm sure it won't last long."

"Are you making final preparations for the battle then?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 pm 

She nodded, "I expended a bit of my gunpowder yesterday helping a couple of my associates out of a sticky situation and needed to resupply."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 pm 

"A wise idea then. Though if you want a suggestion, I'd say bring more then you think you'll need today. You can always bring back unused shot. You can't shoot something you didn't bring though, and the amount of fighting we are likely to see today is quite large." He'd be bringing a pair of quivers himself.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:26 pm 

She nodded her head, "Indeed. I take it a man like yourself is somewhat used to a larger battle like this?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 pm 

"More so then most in the fleet I'd imagine." Was the Lion's simple reply. After all they didn't really have much in the way of bushi here. "Though I've never really been in the role of leading before."

"I take it this kind of thing is new to you as well?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm 

"I've experienced a lot of ship to ship small scale skirmishes over the years. But moving this many people for a land assault is a first." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 pm 

"They have similarities, but the scale is far different, the amount of death." He frowned softly. "Though from what I hear, those we are facing are dead already."

"Which means we all need to be double careful. Keep your jade close."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 pm 

She nodded, "I must say undead pirates will be a first... I wonder what the locals must think... 'We didn't have any of this stuff going on before all these boats showed up'. Even if our current enemies were the first settlers of this island, I think everyone was pretty sure that they were long gone."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 am 

"The spiders were a problem here before we arrived, the fact that the two forces are linked..." He trailed off for a moment. "Means that those pirates never left, disappeared from view perhaps, but never left."

"I wouldn't be surprised if quite a bit of the piracy in the area could be contributed to them, with no one ever knowing the truth about it."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 am 

She tilted her head, "Maybe. But living or dead... men are capable of some pretty abhorrent things. Either way, we need to make sure that we put this group to bed for good."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 am 

Yasuhiro would comment about how these pirates should be the problem of whichever nation spawned them, but he passed. comments like that really wouldn't help him. "With the fortunes on our side we will do just that Muhaki-san." Though a part of him did wonder how much presence here the fortunes truly had.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 am 

"Indeed. And then what lies next for you after the battle Matsu-sama?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 am 

"I'll be returning to the Empire, Muhaki-san. To the service of my clan. I believe my time with the Explorers has come to an end."

He pursued his lips, pausing a moment, perhaps considering saying something more. "What of yourself though? Any plans?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 am 

She nodded understandingly, "I'm sure they will be blessed to have you back. I will miss your balancing presence here in the Explorers. You bring a maturity that some of the other people here don't share. As for me, I will be continuing on. There is a matter in Merenae that requires my attention, and then I will most likely continue on in some capacity to help with the Explorers' diplomatic mission to the Tarkhanate. Though I too expect to return solely to my clan duties in the near future."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:12 am 

He was rather certain most here would be relieved at his leaving. At the very least one of the Seppun would be happy to see him gone. "It seems you have quite a few things ahead of you in the near future then."

"A journey to not one, but two different empires can't be a easy task. But, here I thought you'd be mentioning marriage. You seemed fond of the man who accompanied you to the Ball after all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:15 am 

She nodded, "Marriage is also on the horizon. And in the very near future. I am planning to be wed as soon as the Temple to Sadahako has been completed."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:35 am 

"That seems rather sudden." He murmured raising a eyebrow. "Though I'm sure you have your reasons." Age was probably one of those, the woman was already past her prime after all. "Could I ask who the gentleman is though? I didn't recognize him behind that mask."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next