Login FAQ  
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




 Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Author Message
 Post subject: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
It had taken a bit of doing, but Kenzo had what he needed. Now there was just who he needed.

And so, Kenzo went looking in The Hoof, armed with his swords, his pistols, and a bee. Apothecaries are what he was searching for, and he would look for as long as it took.



---------------------------

Searching at the Hoof per/inv, VP spent: 4d10o10k3 13, if it's required. Hopefully not, because 13 is not awesome



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

"Why are you a man without a monkey, efendi? Every real man should have a monkey. Miwaz has a monkey, but where is yours? Going about without a monkey is poor taste, efendi, poor judgement. Miwaz knows that life without a monkey is dangerous and empty. But Daughter is merciful, Miwaz has a monkey just for you, efendi! The best monkey there is, the monkey of monkeys! Not an ape, those are cumbersome, but a real portable monkey that will change your life! Smile, efendi, rejoice, your monkey-less time at long last is almost over! You ask Miwaz how can you invite a monkey into your life? Miwaz has the answer, Miwaz offers you the monkey, efendi! The very one destined for you at your birth, stars have foretold it, the only monkey that counts! You should take a firm grasp of your destiny, efendi, grab the monkey that comes your way and make it your monkey!"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
On a mission though he was, Kenzo did stop briefly to peer at the monkey, smiling at it. On the other hand, the man's words were entirely wasted on him.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak your language. Do you speak Yobanjin? I'm looking for the Unicorn." He knew they spoke that language; perhaps it might be recognized, even if the words weren't.

If communication couldn't be established, he'd continue on his way.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Of course Miwaz speaks Ki-Rin, efendi! Why are you a man without a monkey, efendi? Every real man should have a monkey. Miwaz has a monkey, but where is yours? Going about without a monkey is poor taste, efendi, poor judgement. Miwaz knows that life without a monkey is dangerous and empty. But Daughter is merciful, Miwaz has a monkey just for you, efendi! The best monkey there is, the monkey of monkeys! Not an ape, those are cumbersome, but a real portable monkey that will change your life! Smile, efendi, rejoice, your monkey-less time at long last is almost over! You ask Miwaz how can you invite a monkey into your life? Miwaz has the answer, Miwaz offers you the monkey, efendi! The very one destined for you at your birth, stars have foretold it, the only monkey that counts! You should take a firm grasp of your destiny, efendi, grab the monkey that comes your way and make it your monkey!"

The man and the monkey followed Kenzo.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Ki-Rin... For a moment, Kenzo's eyes widened. This was the last link confirming what he'd begun to suspect when speaking with Khenbish yesterday. His lips parted, questions leaping to his tongue.

He sighed. He suspected most of the answers would have something to do with a monkey.

"No, thank you." He said firmly. "Now, if you can take me to the Unicorn Healers, there's a silver coin in it for you and your monkey. Otherwise, I'll bid you farewell."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

A moment was needed to shift gears in Miwaz's head. He paced behind Kenzo.

"Of course, efendi, Miwaz and monkey will take you to all the best healers, but it is Miwaz and the monkey, so it is two dinars rather than one. The monkey respects efendi, would efendi disrespect the monkey? Surely not! This tiny heart beats with desire to eat today, and monkey food is expensive as human food is. Bananas, they cost so much, and figs! Aha, efendi, if you want a fig tonic that cures everything, Miwaz and the monkey know where this tonic is, and monkey even more than Miwaz! Two dinars, efendi, this is right price for all the way to bring you to be restored in your health, that reason why your eyes are so thin too! Miwaz and the monkey know how it is, you meet friends and the next day Shilah is not merciful, but there are ways Miwaz and the monkey know, very good ways, to be be healthy again! Just two dinars, efendi!"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:09 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo sighed. "I don't have dinars. But I expect the metal is the same."

"And I want to find the Unicorn apothecaries. Other healers simply won't do. Is that clear?" He said, still firm.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Two pieces of any silver are good for Miwaz and the monkey!" Miwaz grinned and the monkey screeched agitated. "Miwaz and the monkey know who you need to meet. No ruse, no trick, just truth and guiding straight to the place by Miwaz and the monkey!" The hands were extended, Miwaz's and the monkey's.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
"Very good." Kenzo's lips quirked as he extended his hand to shake both, the latter very carefully. Monkeys were fascinating creatures, but he knew well just how strong they could be.

He nodded. "Lead the way, then." He'd still be careful to keep one eye on his guide. Or rather, guides. He adjusted his obi slightly, his daisho shifting just a little.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Miwaz stared at his empty hand. "Are you a jinn to deal with invisible silver, efendi?" The monkey became screeching and waving its hands rapidly.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
"Oh." Kenzo frowned. Somewhat reluctantly, he gave each of them one of his few remaining silvers. "Now, for your part. I'll hold you to your word." Again, firmly.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Miwaz grinned, while monkey took the coin and tooth-tested it, then passed it to Miwaz.

"Ide Mohan is the name, efendi. Miwaz and the monkey know exactly where his apothecary is. Follow us!" And he sped up.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Hearing the name, Kenzo relaxed just a little. He'd heard Khen using the name Ide yesterday. Perhaps this was going to work out."I thank you." He said, lengthening his stride to keep up. "I am Mirumoto Kenzo, by the way. You would call me Mirumoto-sama." He added helpfully. Not that the -sama would really mean anything, but, well, it was correct. Kenzo shrugged.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Sure, efendi! Whatever you want, efendi!" Miwaz and the monkey hoppered through the Hoof as if they were both monkeys. If Kenzo fell behind, they restlessly waited, then darted off again, until they would stop before a shop in one of the side-alleys he would never have found otherwise that had mortar and pestle painted on the board. "It's here, efendi! Ide Mohan's place."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo did a fair job of keeping up, athletically dodging around or over obstacles, although he still needed to rush a bit to keep up with the natives. Especially since he needed to be careful with the jar.

The sight of the mortar and pestle sign made Kenzo give a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Miwaz." He said, giving the man (and monkey) a quick bow. "If I find myself in this area again, I'll look for you." With that, a touch cautiously, he entered the apothecary shop.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

"We're always here, efendi, Miwaz and the monkey. You must try fig tonic next time!" Both grinned and darted off back to the main loop of the Hoof, where the bustle was.

/exit Miwaz and the monkey!



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Inside, there was a two-story-high open room occupied by two tall rows of shelves with various jars, bottom to top, forming a gate to the counter behind them, where a man was sitting, cutting some leaves. Behind him, there was a high block of drawers worked into the support of a staircase leading to the veiled area beyond. Herbal alcoholic aromas were permeating the air inside, part-stifling part-refreshing.

Image

"As-salaam alaikum. How can I help you, stranger?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Kenzo's lips twisted, amused, as he watched the pair depart. "Fascinating." He said, shaking his head.

...

Inside, Kenzo's relief grew at the obvious medical nature of the establishment. He frowned at the unfamiliar words. "I'm sorry, I don't understand. But I can speak..." A moment of hesitation. "-the Ki-Rin language. Or Rokugani."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
The man observed the Dragon carefully, then rose from his place and moved to the front to produce a proper Rokugani bow. A bit antiquated, but correct.

"There was no distinction once, at least not this way. The language you think of as Rokugani was the language of the Kami that Fell, our Heavenly masters. This was the language of their subjects until they ingrained the new ways. Characters don't tell the truth, confer no sound. This was the language of Lady Seppun, Lady Matsu and Lord Kakita. Or rather Shi Fen, Mazu and Geigetou." He smiled. "But who cares, when we should care more about the living? Whose life is at stake, Mirumoto-san?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Almost startled, Kenzo bowed in return, respectfully. "Ide-sama, when this is over, I expect that we shall have rather a lot to talk about." He said, excitement in his tone.

His expression grew more serious. "But you have the right of it. There is a man's life at stake. One of my kinsmen, a fellow Dragon. He was washed ashore in a storm. With his body already weakened, he encountered a swarm of these." Kenzo drew forth the jar, setting it down on the counter. The giant hornet was quiet now, but still moved a bit, crawling along the side of the jar. "He lies unconscious aboard our ship. Chamomile was applied, externally and internally, but seems to have only slowed the process." He swallowed. "I'd hoped that, with this specimen, you might be able to prepare an antidote."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group