Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: They see me strollin' [D6, EA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 pm 

Xabier had taken to the streets of Little Aqabah to pave the ground for the eventual cultural event, using his pull in the East Port together with his ease with languages and social situations to soften the populace to the, unbeknownst to them, extremely xenophobic Rokugani culture.

His Mekhen was flawless, almost as good as a native, though there was a clear Anisrama accent on it.

---

Tension: SUCCESS - Eased .3
Perception: 27

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

Post subject: Re: They see me strollin' [D6, EA]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:14 pm 

Suihime was wandering the markets as well. Smiling to those around her, exchanging pleasant greetings and conversations. Then, she made it into an area filled with...fabrics? She paused, looking around curiously at what was there.

Her Mekhem was flawless. Perfectly flawless, as was her words to those around her

D6 tension roll - easing tensions #1. Lore: Gaijin Cultures(Mekhem)/awareness.. TN15+2 FR for points: 6d10ro10o10k3 21

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:19 pm 

He noticed the crowd flocking to the other captain just as his own speech died. He followed suit and mixed in with the crowd, taking a moment to appreciate her efforts. It was good to know he wasn't the only one fluent in Mekhem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 pm 

Suihime finished off another small speech, a smile on her face, as she spoke of comparisons between Rokugan and the Jewel of the desert. Eventually the crowds disperse as Suihime gives them a bow in the traditional rokugani fashion. She hadn't noticed Zabieru yet.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 pm 

"A brilliant speech," the Tortoise said as he clapped slowly. "You've certainly immersed yourself into the culture of Little Aqabah Miya-san."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:58 pm 

That got Suihimes attention. She looked to the clapping man, who she recognised, giving him a bow. "Muhaki-sama, good afternoon. I hope you are well?" She gave him a small smile "you are too kind. I have taken much time to study the Mekhem cultures, and it appears my studies have paid off."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:16 am 

"I guess you are your brother's sister," he pondered. "Or he is his sister's brother? I do not know which one of the two is the eldest."

"If we go by gruffness I'd say him," he laughed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:32 am 

"You would be correct that he is older. I assume that I also don't look older than him, ne?" Suihime chuckled as she approached the man "unless the voyage has aged me more than I expected."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 am 

"You look positively stunning Miya-san," he replied courteously. "So what brings you to the hoof?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:49 am 

"Muhaki-sama is too kind" Suihime dipped her head in thanks "as to what brings me here? The setting of course. I'm a scholar, and this is a real life chance to further my knowledge on the Mekhem and the markets. Plus, look at the beautiful fabrics surrounding us" she motioned around her "it's quite something, ne? What of yourself Muhaki-sama? You seem such a busy man, yet you take time to wander this area...the Hoof you called it?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:42 pm 

The crowd pushed them both into a side-avenue occupied by traders of carpets.

One of the started pointing at Zabieru and shouting.

"You are a winner, efendi! You with this glorious carpet! Look at this magnificent rug, it's the work of wonders, and it's for free, just for you!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:37 pm 

"A fellow scholar are we?" he switched to Mekhem, his accent practically not existent although there was some queerness as to how he pronounced the words. (OOC: He has Anisrama accent) "Then you must become a regular of the Hoof. Come, come," he smiled as he beaconed his fellow captain to join him.

"Let us explore the serpentine streets of the-" his attention was broken as one of the merchants drew his attention. "Oh?" he cast a quizzical look at the merchant and his wares, approaching the man. "Is that so? This is my favorite thing! Winning without even participating," he laughed happily.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:51 pm 

"It is quite impressive" Suihime commented with a nod, before they were stopped by a...carpet seller? Giving a free carpet? "That's impressive Muhaki-sama. It seems you have the luck for the day" she smiled "nice designs as well it seems."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:31 pm 

"I knew that, efendi! You're the luckiest man alive, and with this lady by your side, efendi, you are the king of the world, now with a regal carpet!" The trader grinned. "Now just to settle a small fee for exposition rearrangement and the carpet is yours to take."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:34 pm 

Suihime tilted her head."exposition rearrangement, Sidi?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:02 pm 

'And there it was' he thought as a sly smile crept across his face. He lifted his hand to halt the Miya and engaged the merchant. "You are absolutely correct my friend," he admitted. "I will gladly pay that fee. That is... provided that you pay my image rights."

"You see when I accept this gift I will be sending the message that to buy from you is to perhaps obtain some of my luck," he continued. "You can see what a troublesome power this is! As such and considering the increase of business that my acceptance will bring, it is only fair that I receive a sum for my image rights."

"Afterall," his smile widened. "I am the luckiest man alive."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:56 pm 

The merchant was caught agape but he was not born yesterday.

"If I am to become the purveyor of your image rights this way, efendi, would it not be wise to purchase an insurance from me that all your personal rights are secured? After all, anyone who would get my carpet after that could also claim that they are the luckiest people alive if that title didn't belong just to you because of your possession of my carpet and the insurance!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:57 pm 

Suihime managed to hide her amusement. Just.

This is just awful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:04 pm 

The Tortoise grinned ferally; the merchant had taken the bait.

"But they would have never been approached by you. They would be mere pretenders hoping to con an honest merchant like yourself," he feigned surprise. "Unless, no, it can't be," he shook his head. "Unless you were lying to me when you called me the luckiest man in the world, merely using that as a ploy to make me look at your wares. But I refuse to believe that! No! There is no man as honest and honorable as you and to say otherwise is to seek a fight with me," he looked at the man dead on. "The luckiest man alive."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 pm 

"Ha! And how many merchants like me are around here, efendi, honest and honourable? Very few! To ensure high standards in trade in the Hoof, you probably should support my business by a goodwill investment that will let me prosper keeping those values and get an edge against cutthroat competition." The man tried another angle. "After all, how would it reflect on you if your status of luckiest man alive was put into question by me going broke?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next