Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 am

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Rejuvenating Vapors (D10, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 am 

"Berena-san has been a good support in the work for Sadahako-no-kami's temple, and a good advisor on matters regarding the island. She is also an advisor to the East Port Governor," she noted. "She has not yet given me any reason to doubt her friendship and sincerity, and I believe you will find her a good person to speak to regarding a possible future here."

"Though... I am concerned about what the Imperials will say when you aren't returning with us, nor continuing on with Asahina-sama and the rest of the fleet. Your lord father, Miya-sama..." Utsusemi voiced her concern. "Hm, it does put it all in a tricky position."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:14 am 

'' It is...'' She shrugs. '' But what can i do? If Hantei Jama-denka decides that I should stay here, the only person with more authority in that regard is the Son of Heavens, long may he reign. Seppun-dono may not like the idea but he will never disobey the direct command and wishes of a Hantei. Otomo Oborozukiyo-dono could, in theory, make me return to Rokugan, after all I'm part of the Imperial Bureaucracy, but it would be very difficult. Hantei Hohiro-no-kimi has the authority but since I'm under his brother's command I can't contradict the order of one Hantei prince in favor of the other one.'' Hinami explained her situation to Utsu.

'' And Miya Odorihime-sama...'' That was a serious complication. '' I really don't know what should I do...'' She was really worried. She submerged herself until only her eyes were above the water.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 pm 

Utsusemi leaned back in her seat, thinking over the situation.

"If I may offer my thoughts..." she began after a few moments to think. "Hantei-no-kimi should assign a proper honour guard to you if you are to remain here, which you will for the time being because of his orders. Word will be sent back regarding the situation as the fleet returns to Rokugan, and if there are disagreements from those who can overturn the order, then a replacement will be sent and you will be recalled."

Then she remembered something. "Or... hm, you should speak with Asahina Yajinden-sama. I know he has been in contact with my husband back home, by communication with the kami, I imagine. Perhaps he could send a message on your behalf to your lord father?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:25 pm 

That was a possible solution, but what about her own wishes? She felt like she was treated like a puppet, something that could be moved and used without taking in consideration her own thoughts. But then she dismissed that thought, she was a samurai and she does what her superiors want...

'' I...uh...hai, that could be a sensible solution.'' She shrugs. '' Maybe I should talk with Asahina-sama. He might be able to contact my uncle with the kami's help.''

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:26 pm 

Utsusemi wasn't completely dense to picking up signs, and in the baths there were no fans or sleeves to hide behind. "... Unless there is something else to account for in the situation, Hinami-san?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm 

Hinami blushed '' I just...don't...know anymore...'' She whispered, her voice has a bit of desperation. '' I don't know... what to think...things were far easier back in...Rokugan.These gaijin make...everything more complicated...''

'' Maybe it's my fault...maybe I have become the very thing that I sworn to fight...maybe I'm corrupt. I'm a failure...Lady Seppun must be completely disappointed...'' She was unable to look directly into Utsu's eyes.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm 

Well, that was completely unexpected. Utsusemi's eyes widened only slightly, but she was clearly concerned as she scooted closer to Hinami.

"Hinami-san... it's alright." She cast a look around them. They had privacy for now. "What is on your mind, dear? Perhaps I can help?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm 

'' I just...I mean...I ...he is a gaijin...'' Hinami was only opening her heart because there was privacy and because Utsu seem to be a good person. '' I should despise him... he is...an inferior being...yet... I ... don't know anymore... what to think...Utsusemi-san...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 pm 

Ah, now she was understanding a little bit more. A young girl who had been a little smitten with someone she was supposed to not like. Normally, in her experience, that was a Doji or a Kakita pining over a Scorpion or a Lion... but she could see how something so forbidden as a gaijin could fluster poor Hinami.

"Despise is such a petty thing to do when he has treated you well so far, no? It is true, the gaijin are not like us, but... there are good people there too. Sometimes, I imagine the Kami must have felt similarly when they first came down from the Heavens; that we humans were uncultured, brutish, and uncivilized."

Utsusemi gave a knowing smile. "Besides, you are young... it's not like other young girls aren't confused about what they might feel around handsome and charming men," indeed, even she had been there too. There was Kakita Lobster, after all, who she thankfully did not get too involved in. "Just remember to not do anything foolish that could hurt you, Hinami-san. We women scar more easily than men when it comes to this..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:20 pm 

Hinami nods to Utsu as she gave her example about the kami and the first ningen. '' All my life I have been listening how gaijin are barbaric, savage creatures, that they are a menace and they have no place in the Celestial Order...and most of them do match that clasification...but...'' She didn't finish the phrase.

'' I wish I were like you...Utsusemi-san. You are so wise and probably would know what to do in my stead...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 pm 

"Ehm.... Hard to say, I'm not perfect or wise, really," she chuckled bashfully. "But what I have that you don't is life-experience, Hinami-san, and you have the potential to be more than I am. You're a scion of the Seppun, destined for greatness."

"Heavens know I've made my share of mistakes. At least I've tried to learn from them." Utsusemi offered a smile. "When I was your age, all I thought about was doing my family proud - to bring honour to my ancestors and our name. I've never stopped doing that, but as life changes for you, your perspective of how to go about those challenges changes too."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm 

Hinami analized Utsu's words for some minutes. '' You must be right. yes...'' She nods. '' Maybe I'm overthinking and overreacting. Perhaps I'm not thinking well and a change of perspective could be the solution to my problem...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 am 

Utsusemi nodded, glad to see how Hinami was growing up. She could make a fine leader of the Seppun one day.

"Mhm. And what would the new perspective be?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 am 

'' Do what bushido says, I suppose...'' She was not very convinced but it was a start, maybe. '' Fulfill my duties and continue to serve. I think that must be my answer.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 am 

"Bushido is there to guide us for a reason," Utsusemi nodded, even if she did feel a little hypocritical in saying it. Then again... she had done her duty and done all that was asked of her in the name of duty.

"Besides... I don't think a young lady like you would be so easily flustered by a handsome face. He must be quite the charmer, I assume?" her tone was a bit more friendly and confidential now, rather than motherly and wise.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:07 am 

'' Uh, I think so...'' Hinami blushed, she didn't have a lot of experience since her entire life has been one of constant vigilance and self imposed control. There's no place for dishonorable behavior inside the Seppun family. '' He does seem different, although sometimes his gaijin ways are a bit too much, but in general he is gentle and mindful. Not flamboyant nor pompous...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:28 am 

"Would you feel more at ease if I accompanied you for your meetings with him?" she offered, but left the decision completely what Hinami felt comfortable with.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:10 am 

Hinami nods to Utsu. While Juan has been quite a gentleman and, strangely, she trusted him in that regard, could she say the same about herself? She already touched the gaijin's hand. That was a big deal, right?

''Arigato, Utsusemi-san...'' She sincerely said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 am 

Utsusemi smiled gently and gave Hinami a nod. "Feel free to call upon me whenever you want me to come along then. Yomogiu is not far away from Jitaku no Kyomei, after all. My yojimbo can accompany us, if you wish for it, but I do not see it being nescessary around those parts."

"Though you should definetely request an escort if you're going to visit the Hoof nearby. I don't trust that place."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:41 am 

'' And you are wise to not trust that place. My sister was robbed when we visited the Hoof once. Nothing serious but still.'' She commented. '' But Jitaku no Kyomei and the Hillside are well keep by the Tortoise clan.''

'' What was the name of your Yojimbo, Utsusemi-san?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next