Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Rejuvenating Vapors (D10, EA)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:39 am 

Why did no one tell me about this place until now?! Utsusemi huffed after she had been given directions to the Dating Palmeries, appaerently the only proper place for a good bath on the island, seeing as how the houses only had the simple tubs for washing. How she missed the natural hot-springs of the Dragon, or the beautiful onsen of the Crane... or even Sanjuro's very plain but very useful system of heated water back at The Wheel.

Still, the place was not the same as a public bath house back home in Rokugan, and it took a few conversations in Merenaese to get through the steps properly.

In the end, she could finally lean back and soak in the warm waters, thankful that men and women were separated here.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Rejuvenating Vapors (D10, EA)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:05 am 

After those long hours at the tailor shop, Hinami needed a bath. Megumi told the princess that it would seem that the gaijin Unicorns of little Aqahba had a public bath that was 'relatively' similar to the Onsen back at Rokugan. Since she didn't had time to go back to her abode in Jitaku no Kyomei she went to the Dating Palmeries...

Megumi accompanied the princess at to the front table, so she could translate for her, but then returned to Diaz & Ghaznawi to inspect and make sure that her new avant garde Junihitoe will be ready for the ball. Everything must be perfect.

Fortunately the place was separated between genders. Hinami undressed herself in the women's room and then proceeded to go to the pool, when she noticed a familiar face...

'' Agasha Utsusemi-san...'' Hinami bowed and offered a smile to the craneish dragon. '' What a pleasant surprise. I hope that you had received Inari's-no-kami blessings today?'' She asked politely while she entered the pool.

Last edited by Seppun Hinami on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 am 

Well, that was an unexpected sight, as she figured Hinami would rather die than to be seen in a gaijin-styled bath-house, but Utsusemi greeted the young lady with a proper seated bow nevertheless. "Seppun-san, verily, a pleasant surprise," she smiled pleasantly. "Hai, I have recieved Inari-no-kami's blessing this day. I pray the same for you as well?"

The Mother of Dragons had kept up her beauty routines well enough on the island, despite the long journey and the hard work for the temple; her skin seeming soft and pale as should be expected, and there was no sign of any dark roots in her white hair. "Coming to relax before the festivities tonight?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:22 am 

Hinami has also kept her rokugani feminine features in top condition. Her attractive pale features were as always.

'' Hai, I have received them as well, thanks for asking.'' She submerged herself and relaxed. The presence of a known face and fellow rokugani helped her to relax and forget about everything else.

'' It would seem that tonight festivities will be a quite important event, so, it has been a very busy day for me '' She replied while closing her eyes. '' I guess it has also been a busy day for you as well, Agasha-san? The works at the temple of Sadahako-no-kami are going well?'' She asked

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:40 am 

Utsusemi likewise felt it nice to have a familiar face and a fellow Rokugani for company.

"It goes well, though today and yesterday I've allowed myself to dedicate myself to other duties as well, such as my art. We have many good workers for the temple, and the heavy labour is not something suitable for me." It wasn't only unseemly, but she was hardly physically fit enough for it. "So time for festivities sound like a good reward for the past weeks of work. It will be interesting to see how their celebrations are in comparison to our own."

"Have you had much chance to speak with the locals?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 am 

Hinami nods to Utsu's comment. It would not appropiate for a lady like her to do heavy work. '' From what I heard their festivities use some sort of mask or something, like the Scorpions, but I think the similarities end there.''

Hinami was so relaxed. She leaned her back on the pool walls and washed herself gently.

'' Hmm, some...'' She replied '' Not many, the tailors and seamstresses of Diasu & Guha..Guha...'' Hinami could not pronounce the second part. ''...that place, some random gaijin in the streets, a Unicorn by the name 'Ide' Akaichou and...and...the governor of East Port.'' She blushed a bit with the last one but she submerged herself almost entirely to cover her blush.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 am 

Utsusemi smirked innocently as she caught the blush. Female instincts.

"Ah, masquerade I believe they call it," she somehow made the foreign word sound elegant and refined. Damned Crane-breeding. "I remember we used to do something similar at the Academy, though our masks would either be painted on in the style of Kabuki, or of same make like those used in Noh theater."

She shifted a little closer in her seat. "I have not had the honour of meeting the East port governor yet. Pray tell, what is he like? Sent a gift of one of my paintings to his residence yesterday, but I am a little anxious what he might think of it... Rokugani art might not appease the senses of the locals..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm 

Hinami nods to Utsu's comment about the masquerade. '' I have never went to something similar, unfortunately. My only hope is that my clothes are perfect for the ocassion.'' She commented.

'' I think he is...alright? '' She said a bit embarrased. '' He is a bit different from other gaijin barbarians. Less savage, a bit more cultured. He also likes art and has a collection, so I'm sure that he will like your artistic creation Agasha-san. But he is still a gaijin so who knows...'' She adds.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:11 pm 

Utsu thought better of teasing the young girl about what seemed like a very confusing infatuation. "Such high praise coming from an Imperial princess, I can only assume he must be quite the noble soul, despite being a gaijin," she smiled gently.

"I was not aware he had a collection, though... my, now I will probably be suitably embarrassed for not meeting up to the standards that a wealthy man like him can have procured. Have you seen it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 pm 

'' I just don't know what to think...'' She replied, her blush continued. '' He is not 'bad'...but he is a gaijin...so...''

Luckily for her, Utsu changed the topic of conversation.

'' He commented that he had an art collection, although I don't know if this collection of his has gaijin or rokugani art. He said that he wanted to appreciate it with someone who knows about such things, so I assume it must be rokugani. But I have not seen it.'' She replied. '' You could help him, Agasha-san, since you are far more knowledgeable about art than me...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 pm 

Utsusemi raised an eyebrow slightly, seeing some potential there. "... Hm, still, there is always room for everyone to learn. Since you know him so well, perhaps it would be more proper if we go together, Seppun-san? I can also act as a go-between for you... for translation, that is, unless you have picked up the language?"

The use of the word go-between was probably completely innocent!

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 pm 

That was actually a very good idea. Hinami smiled. '' It will be definitely great if you could accompany me Agasha-san. I could learn a lot from -you- as well. There's a lot that I don't know about this world and like you said there's always room for improvement.'' She replied. '' And while I do have a translator, a ronin aide named Megumi, I have not learned the merenaese language. Only a few words...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 pm 

A ronin transalator? That just wouldn't do for an Imperial princess.

"Really? You should learn it... It's not as elegant or pleasant as Rokugani, of course, but speaking as a poet, I find that it has it's own unique rythm and form. Still... it does miss a lot of the subtle nuances we are used to," she sighed a little wistfully. "But, I would be more than happy to accompany you, Seppun-san. There is much I do not know either, but I am happy to give help where I can."

"It is some part of my duties as the Imperial Chaperone, after all... though I certainly wish I could be in multiplace places at the same time. I am only one person in the end."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm 

'' I find it complicated to pronounce it. While it seems it follows a somewhat similar sound vocalization it still have stange sounds. Also, I still don't understand why these gaijin put their personal name before their family name. In any case, I will be very happy if you can help me. ''

Hinami nods '' I'm sure you are doing a great job in that regard, Agasha-san'' She said sincerely. '' And I don't think you should worry too much, at least, you should not worry about me...'' She said but there was 'something' in Hinami's words that didn't sound like she actually was not sure about herself. '' And please, if it is fine to you, just call me Hinami.'' She smiled to her again.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 pm 

"Then please, call me by my chosen name as well, Hinami-san," she smiled and dipped her head respectfully.

"I never suspected I needed to be concerned for your behaviour here. An Imperial princess is not one who would do anything indecent, after all... even more so when she is the superintendent," Utsusemi chuckled. "Does this mean you will not be returning home soon then?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:49 pm 

'' It is an honor and you make me very happy, Utsusemi-san.'' She bowed as well.

Hinami also chuckled a bit with Utsu's comment. '' Hmm, I don't know yet. It is probable that I will not return for some time since Hantei-denka wants me here and since I'm also an ambassador. I think my duty is to represent the people of Rokugan here, or beyond...''

She sighs.

'' I don't think Seppun-dono will like the idea of me not returning, but if that is the wish of a Hantei family member i can't refuse.'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 am 

"Hm, I see..." she noted with some concern. "I can see why it would be upsetting to your lord father."

Aaaand she knew she would probably be the one to give over those bad news. "... Do you have any ideas, perhaps, to how to best appease him? Like, if there is someone remaining behind to look after you, or an ally we could trust to see to your well-being?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am 

'' Not really. Maybe my sister could 'soften' the blow with Seppun-dono. But here I don't know...'' She shrugs. '' If Hantei-denka speaks with my lord father then he will have to understand, eventually...''

Reluctantly, but he will have to... Hinami thought

'' But, I do not know many people around here. Also, many of the imperial explorers will return or go further beyond to unknown lands. What are you planning to do, Utsusemi-san?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 am 

Odorihime might kill me... as might the Seppun daimyo. Great. Still, Utsusemi managed to hide that particular concern.

"I will be returning home. It was never my intention to stay here too long, as my place is with my husband and my children," she noted with a small smile, glancing off to the side for a moment. "I am a friend of Muhaki Berena-san, I would certainly trust her if it came to ensuring some to look after your safety and well-being, though I cannot imagine that it would be difficult to speak with Muhaki Saionji-dono to see what can be done in consideration of your presence here as an ambassador."

She would offer up the Yomogiu for Hinami to have her own private residence, after she and Kenzo departed, as it was done more in line with traditional Rokugani aesthetics, though that would require some servants to move in to attend to the princess as she hardly expected the girl to look after herself completely.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:53 am 

Utsu was not the only one that Odorihime might kill...

'' Hai, I'm glad for you. I could only imagine the happiness of seeing your children and husband again could bring...'' She commented.

Maybe I should return to my father's side after all. That will make him happy, right?

'' I do not know Muhaki Berena-san personally, but if Utsusemi-san considers her a friend, then there's no problem.'' She replied. But she had serious doubts about the capacity of the Tortoise clan in general. After the Explorers depart, will they give her proper respect? or will they treat her as an outsider without power?

D13 Theme

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next