Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Bathing is Such Sweet Sorrow [LA6]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 am 

Ringo continues to explore the Unicorn town in the East Port. He heard something about a bath and is trying to locate where it is exactly.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Post subject: Re: Bathing is Such Sweet Sorrow [LA6]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:31 pm 

Akaichou was passing by a man who looked a bit lost. She approached gently and bowed. "Are you looking for something? Can I help?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:32 am 

Ringo looks at the surprisingly (at least comparatively) Rokugani looking girl for a moment and then offers a polite bow and nods. "Konnichiwa (good afternoon). Yes, I heard that there is some kind of baths around here and I wish to partake in them."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:06 am 

"I am headed there myself. I am Ide Akaichou of clan Ki-Rin. You are welcome to join me." Her violet eyes sparkled.

Akaichou's dress

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:03 am 

"Hida Ringo of the Crab clan. I am an engineer with the Imperial Explorers as well." Ringo introduces himself.

"Thank you. I will take you up on your offer Ide-san. So... you mentioned the Ki-Rin clan. The same one that left Rokugan to explore?" He asks to confirm as he studies her eyes and the rest of her as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:06 am 

"It is very nice to meet you, Hida-sama. Yes, my ancestors followed Shinjo-no-Kami. I serve as an Emissary for the Ki-Rin." She smiled at the man who was attractive with an impressive height. She was considered tall for a woman at 5'6". It was fascinating to meet someone like Ringo. She met him with a soft smile.

"If you are with the clan of the Crab, are you a warrior? Or do your interests take you elsewhere?" She was genuinely curious. She'd heard the Crab fought off the Shadowlands where the Ki-Rin have lost their most beloved Shinjo. Anyone partaking in the fight, no matter their duty as a Crab was of extreme interest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:32 am 

Ringo nods and smiles softly back. "Ah, that explains some things. I was wondering why I found your face more soothing to look at compared with many others that I have seen native to this island." He comments casually.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well Ide-san." He replies as he walks along beside her.

He nods at her question. "That is correct. I am trained with the Crab bushi. Along my personal interest has taken me to studying engineering. I hope to improve upon the siege weaponry that the Crab have in order to better defend Rokugan and save Crab lives."

He glances over to her. "I am very much interested to hear about that happened with the Ki-Rin clan and Shinjo-no-Kami after they left the Empire."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 am 

Akaichou openly blushed and smiled. "You are too kind." she immediately came back with. Then she gave her answer more thought. "The looks of the many races are sometimes striking at first. I am happy to say that you will likely come to appreciate the differences."

She tried to walk casually as though they were not speaking of such matters. "I truly hope your effort succeeds. You do your clan and the world a great service. I am sorry to say that Shinjo fell to what you fight on behalf of the Rokugani. I hope you don't take offense at my directness. I have been told it is a taboo subject, but as a Crab it is something you face every day."

"There are of course longer versions to that story and those of the Ki-Rin. But I would be more than open to speaking with you about them."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am 

Ringo shakes his head casually. "Not at all. That is how I feel." Then nods after that. "It will take me a while to get used to seeing all these various gaijin around."

He smiles softly. "In general the Empire prefers to sweep it behind a closed door. I am glad that you appreciate what my Clan does. Most choose to remain blissfully ignorant to the sacrifices that the Crab commit every day so that they may live their lives peacefully."

"I shall look forward to spending more time with you then Ide-san. I am sure you must have many stories to tell."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 am 

"Kami and evil that can hurt one is a subject that most have trouble understanding. Matters of war, peace, and magic entwined is not something easy. I can understand what causes them discomfort. It's intangible to them. For you, it is within arm's reach. For my clan, it is in a very large way what made us who we are. Shinjo-no-Kami's death is why we cling to her compassion. So that it can live on with us." After a short moment she smiled. Indeed, the Crab and the Unicorn may not be so different. Though the wars she participated in were always with a party one could negotiate with. The Shadowlands... It was hard to fathom.

"Your engineering sounds very interesting. I've never had a head for mechanics and admire those that possess that gift."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 am 

Ringo nods. "I am currently learning what I can about the gaijin canon technology. I hope to understand, adapt, and then improve upon it. Aside from that, I have a couple of personal projects on the side as well."

He looks over to her. "So what do you enjoy Ide-san? I feel that I have only been talking about myself."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 am 

The smile reached her violet eyes. "Even if you have, it hasn't felt that way." she told him sincerely. "I enjoy learning about Rokugan." she said in Rokugani.

"That is something I enjoy. Languages. During Emissary school I spent a great deal of time with the Suio who are the translators for the Ki-Rin. I was drawn to them. I also have a deep interest in tea ceremony."

She looked down and switched back to Mekhem. "Being in rooms with leaders ready to go to war brings out a necessity to enjoy the small moments in life."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 am 

Ringo raises an eyebrow. "So you are a linguist? How many languages do you know by the way? Is that common out here?" He asks as he notices her smooth transition between languages.

He smiles. "Crab can definitely identify with that. We work hard, play hard." He looks towards the baths. "So now about these baths. I do wish to continue this conversation. Do they have mixed bathing available or are they separated baths here?" He asks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm 

"I currently speak five languages, 3 of them fluently. I am in the process of learning another. Since coming to Kameyama Jima I have served as an impromptu translator several times as travelers speak so many languages here."

She question regarding the bath surprised her. "They also have public baths in Rokugan then? I would not mind joining you at all." She always wore her covering under her clothes when going to the bathhouse - she was more modest than many, especially considering her virtue was still in need of protection. She'd been ogled a few times and preferred to remain covered.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 am 

"That is a very impressive feat Ide-san. You certainly have a more skilled tongue than I. I wonder if I may request some instruction from you?" Ringo asks.

He nods to her question. "We do. We have some natural hot springs that are pretty popular too with open air baths." He heads further in.

"Are the customs still the same? I mean, do we clean off first before entering the baths?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 am 

She lowered her eyes smiling before meeting his again and stepping into the establishment. "The rules are different across the continent, and further in each house. In this one, there are separate washing areas for men and women before entering the baths. In any case, I will join you in the public bathing area shortly."

She moved toward the women's area to undress and wash off the day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am 

Ringo nods. "I am glad that is the same at least. I shall see you in the baths then."

He heads into the men's side to undress and clean off. After that he heads into the baths. Removing his towel and setting it aside before getting in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:03 pm 

Akaichou smiled as she returned, wearing her bathing gown. It came down to just her upper thigh but it would maintain her privacy. Upon settling in, she explained. "I've been stared at before." she said clutching the fabric. "I started wearing these while bathing back in school."

"You mentioned natural hot springs? I have very rarely been to those. Are they common in Rokugan?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 am 

Ringo smiles back and nods. "Well I suppose I can understand for a beautiful girl like you being uncomfortable with undue attention. Back in the Empire, samurai are suppose to maintain etiquette and decorum at all times. So even sitting naked in the baths should not be a concern." The Crab certainly is not hiding anything.

"They can be. Sometimes they may have special properties due to the minerals in the water or rocks in the area. Travellers sometimes even make trips to visit major hot springs across the Empire. As I mentioned before, these natural hot springs are open air baths. So people can enjoy the scenery. Though sometimes you have to be careful. Especially up in the mountains from what I hear. The baths are also popular with monkeys so sometimes people purposely avoid using certain ones because they are favoured by these animals."

He smirks. "I do not think I would care to bath with a monkey myself. People already call the Crab rather crude and uncouth."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 pm 

She blushed at the compliment about her beauty, and smiled in silent thanks. She laughed at the thought of bathing with animals. "Bathing with monkeys. No, I don't think I'd care for that either."

"But you have been anything but uncouth to my mind, so the reputation is undeserved. I have been in rooms with truly vulgar individuals."
The smile slowly faded as the memories came to her. "Not only lacking etiquette but also empathy and intellect. Men who don't seem to care about those who serve beneath them. It is my weakness as an Emissary and Arbiter because I cannot relate to them. Sometimes Shinjo-no-Kami's compassion prevents me from understanding those who do not feel it."

Her face lightened again. "Your etiquette as been exceptional, and the way you want to learn how to better protect your people says all one needs to know about your character. So the reputation is undeserved as far as I've seen."

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next