Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Bathing is Such Sweet Sorrow [LA6]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 am 

Ringo smiles softly and offers a bow in thanks. "Your words are too kind Ide-san. I see that you are also a kind and considerate soul. You do much for the sake of your Clan. Plus you are definitely giving me a good impression of them. I hope to meet more of your kin."

"If I may ask, do you do a lot of travelling? You know quite a number of languages so I thought that may be a reason for it. Or is it that this place is a major trade hub and many different people and cultures come here?"

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:31 pm 

"I'm sure every Ki-Rin will be most interested in meeting you and those with you." She bowed back as best she could while sitting and not looking completely perverted.

"In fact, I have done a great deal of traveling. My father is an Emissary as well and he would often take me to his assignments before I entered school. He wanted me to have an appreciation for different cultures and to build contacts even as a child. It did give me a love for language, but my time spent with the Suio in school helped the interest flourish."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:22 am 

Ringo smiles. "That sounds wonderful. As a seasoned traveller, what tips can you offer someone who is just starting our explorations?"

"So you have been travelling around for most of your life? Is this your home or do you change homes rather frequently?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:37 pm 

"The absolute best advice I can give is to be open to other experiences and cultures. For instance, in some cultures touching another is considered an act of friendship. A hand shake or touching someone's shoulder. If they do this and you react badly it's offensive. Like they are not worthy of making contact. So one must always be open to other ways." Akaichou smiled. No one else had asked her such things and she was glad to impart the knowledge. Some of the other Rokugani seemed off-put by the idea of other traditions and etiquette but she had a feeling Ringo would not be one of them.

"And yes, I have been traveling a great deal. But my home is a place called the Jewel. It's my first time to the island. I'm visiting friends of my family. Ide Mohan. He owns the apothecary."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 am 

"Shaking hands and touching the shoulder? Hmm... may you teach me how to do some of these customs Ide-san? Like you say, it will probably come up in the future."

He listens to her story. "So you come from a city called the Jewel? A red butterfly leaving a gem. It certainly paints a pretty picture. So this Jewel city, is the language Mekhem common there? Since this seems to be the language you are most comfortable with."

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2