Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: A Familiar Flavor (D6, LE)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:34 am 

Bellena, despite her looks, was a woman who had spent the largest sub-section of her life in the Burning Sands. The sweet smells of meat on a stick frequently called to her, even in the far away Hacienda. She had spent a great deal of time at the Atabek Shashlik over the past couple of years, and felt the urge again tonight to partake of the food of her youth. She greeted the owner kindly and was led to a nice table just outside as the last lights of day were fading behind the mountain.

---

(OOC: Expecting)

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: A Familiar Flavor (D6, LE)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 am 

Speaking of the Burning Sands, Berena is seated not far from a young woman who is an odd combination of features from there and more akin to those of Rokugan. A headscarf hid her hair and draped over a kimono, from the cut and sash, but made from fabric more of a Burning Sands origin. She's looking keenly over a book, reaching out without looking for the doner kebab near her, tapping over the table until they found the edge of the dish. She looks up and finally notices the person who's suddenly appeared near her, nodding with a smile. She wasn't entirely sure which language to approach with, so she made a guess. "Good evening," she greeted in Merenaese. There was a touch of accent to it.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 am 

Bellena looked up to the woman and smiled. She folded her hands together and replied with perfect intonation, "Masaa' al-khayr, as-salaam 'alaykum."

She tilted her head slightly and smiled, "I don't think I've seen you around here before. My name is Bell'eza bint Muhaqi."

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 am 

Mekhem? Well, couldn't win 'em all. Still, it was nice to hear. "Nor have I you, though I suppose it's little surprise. I may as well have been under a rock the last week or so. It's a pleasure to meet you now, however. I'm Ruqqayah bint Husniya al-Yujjeh."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:12 am 

She shook her head in a friendly manner, "I haven't been around for a few months, out traveling the seas a bit. So if you're new then I wouldn't have seen you."

She extended her arms and twisted around to signify the whole city and smiled brightly, "Welcome to Kameyama Island! A Yujjeh are you now? And from nearby the Jewel from the sound of your dialect."

She smiled and started to stand, "Do you mind if I join you Lady Yujjeh?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 am 

"Please, I'd be happy for the company. Welcome back, though I suppose I'm not the one who should say that," she chuckled. "I only arrived a little while ago, though I'm not as new as some of the visitors I saw earlier. I am from the Jewel indeed. Are you? Your intonation is perfect."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:31 am 

She smiled and nodded, "I spent nearly 10 years in the Jewel; from the time I was seven until about 17. Trained with a collection of scholars and priests under the protection of the House of Dahab."

She moved over to sit across the table from Ruqqayah, "I haven't seen the Jewel in a few years now... What tales have been added to the 'City of 1000 Tales' as of late?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:08 am 

Ruqqayah leaned forward a little, marking her place and setting the book aside. "Oh? It seems we share a connection with the Houses. My mother hailed from them."

"As for the Jewel..." She paused. "I suppose the last major thing was Kandagauri al-Yujjeh leaving for Aqahba... Those like myself who were studying in the Jewel mostly stayed there, though. That was a little while ago, though." She paused and looked down with a pensive expression before continuing. "There's also the loss of the heir. I'm sure you understand if I don't go deep into that. Other than that, much of the same. This person or that person has someone important's favor, etc. Important for those involved."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:46 am 

She nodded, "I can't say I was ever too well versed on the higher politics of the times. It is a shame to hear of the heir's passing though... I hear there is interest in finding the other daughter though."

She smiled as her food arrived, "Well as one honorary member of the House of Dahab I am glad to have come across a sister in such a distant land. What is it that you are doing here, you look to perhaps work with Imam Masashin."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:18 am 

"It was a tragedy. Sometimes the world takes the best and brightest," she comments, shaking her head, eyes downcast. At the comment about the other daughter, she looks a little surprised, though. "Ah, I hadn't heard that. Things must be very difficult for Lord Kandagauri right now." I guess having one heir present is necessary, even if they're less than optimal. I should've expected. Still...

"I am, while I'm here, anyway. I'm on a research trip, studying the theology and rituals of other cultures. I'll eventually move on to continue my research once I'm done here."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 am 

She nodded with interest as she took a bite of her food. ""Mmmm, it's so good isn't it?"

She smiled and looked up, ""Really? That sounds interesting! Where to next and when?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 am 

"Delicious. They really know their stuff here," she agrees. "I haven't fully decided yet. I'd like to see what I can find here and see if that gives me a direction."

"What's your specialty, if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm 

"I'm a linguist, naturalist, and an astronomer." She replied and took another bite.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:01 pm 

"That's an impressive breadth of skills to be an expert in," she remarked with a smile before continuing to eat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 pm 

She smiled, "You think so? That's kind. I've worked hard to become so."

She then tilted her head, "And what about yourself?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:37 pm 

"It just seems like the truth to me," she notes with a smile. "I'm a sahir. I think a fair hand at healing. And theology, as you probably guessed."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 pm 

She nodded, "The faith of the Lost Daughter was a topic of special interest today amongst the Rokugani... I think you may have several callers in need of your knowledge and insight."

Taking another bite, "They also could have used you a couple of days ago... a great number of them washed up on the beaches in pretty terrible conditions... I think for the most part they've recovered, but I'm sure you'll be needed again... most of them are young and foolhardy. Bound to get themselves in trouble again soon."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:27 am 

"Hmm... I might be able to help with both of those. Everyone's approach to the Faith is a bit different, but perhaps I can help foster some understanding," she reasons. "If I hear about anything, I'll be sure to be on top of it. Please let me know if you know of anyone I might be able to help in either regard."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 am 

She nodded, "Do you have any opinions of the newcomers yet?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm 

"Not just yet... I haven't met them. There are stories of our homeland and its people, of course, but it's hard to say just based on that."

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next