Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [LM D8] The Courtier's Sword
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:55 pm 

'The blade won't work.' She thought to herself, rather loudly it seemed. After the near-miss last night she felt as though she should own a heftier piece of steel for protection from crustaceans the size of ships.

She must have looked terribly out of place. Courtiers don't normally shop for serious weaponry. She could barely lift the sword she was looking at.

Akaichou's dress

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

Post subject: Re: [LM D8] The Courtier's Sword
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:02 pm 

Bellena walked through the markets of Little Aqahba that morning as she prepared herself for a voyage later in the day. She picked up this and that, things she knew she would need for the day. The odd sight of an Ide woman in fine clothing looking at weapons stood out in the midst of the strange and exciting scenery. She walked over and stood next to the woman, beginning to examine the wares herself for a time before picking up a small knife and taking it out of its sheath. She clicked it back into place and turned to the Ide, "Not bad make. Like some I've seen in the Jewel."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 pm 

Akaichou looked up at the woman next to her. She seemed to know a thing or two about blades. Perhaps she could convince her to help a clueless Emissary.

"Pardon me for asking, but do you know about blades?" She hefted the monster sword back into its place.

She inclined her head respectfully. "I am Ide Akaichou. I know nothing about this sort of thing."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 pm 

"SALAAM ALAIKUUUM!" An old, jolly man called. He just got there from the back of the shop after the veil of beads and small bells had chimed on their entry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:37 pm 

Bellena smiled, “I know a little, a woman like myself needs to be able to defend herself on occasion. I am Bell’eza bint Muhaqi. A pleasure to meet you.” She greeted the woman in the appropriate manner of the Sands.

Seeing the shopkeeper arrive she nods politely "Peace be with you, fine sir"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm 

The old man's excitement was contagious. Akaichou found herself smiling widely. "Mualaikumsalam." She replied. She looked back to Bell’eza. "You said you've been to the Jewel? That is actually my home." She said conversationally. Then to both, "But I never considered purchasing a true blade there, or before now."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:49 pm 

"What kind of blade are you looking for, beautiful Sayyeda? I will look for one that at least approaches your beauty." Seeing Akaichou's bright smile, his toothless one got even brighter as vigour and gallantry returned to his old bones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:52 pm 

Bellena smirked at the old man’s reply and replied to Akaichou, “It was my home as well for nearly ten years when I was a girl...

She then waited for Akaichou to continue her dealings with the old man.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:34 pm 

"I am of course most flattered by your kind impression of me." Akaichou nodded in the man's direction. "However, it is less beauty I seek, but perhaps something that could allow me to be of some use should someone else be in danger."

Somehow she didn't think asking for a huge sword to take down a monster crab would be a great opening to the negotiation.

She was not about to exclude her potential new friend. "What is it that you do that you need self-defense, if it is not presumptuous to ask?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 pm 

"Being a young woman from Merenae in the Jewel had its own dangers even under the protection of the Dahab. And after that I've been abroad for 10 years on the sea. It's always good to be able to protect oneself from the more despicable sides of human nature." She smiled.

She then patted her rapier on her belt, "Perhaps something a bit lighter may better suit your needs lella Ide."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm 

"Oh, so you need a... weapon!" Aram laughed from his own joke. "But what size and origin, Sayyeda? Or maybe you need a good gun?" He tugged his beard. "You're from the Jewel, right? So you must have seen it all, but how about..."

He unclothed a blade from a pile.

"A kopesh?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm 

The Ide looked between the rapier and the weapon being offered. She knew nothing about either.

A kopesh certainly looked the vicious part. It also looked as though she might kill herself with it. "Which do you suppose would be easier to learn to use? Last night I found myself needing something... more substantial than a small dagger. But I have yet to learn about using such steel."

Akaichou's violet eyes sparkled. "I have not done much traveling on the sea, but what I have done I've enjoyed. Most of my work takes me through the deserts."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pm 

Bellena looked at the weapon with a tilted eyebrow, "A beautiful weapon to be sure... probably would take a bit more muscle to wield than a rapier... but do a great deal more damage as well. Skill comes with practice, no matter the weapon."

Bellena's head nodded as if she understood exactly what the woman meant, "How long have you been here on the Island?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:33 pm 

Aram looked the Ide over and realised his mistake. "Of course! Something more womanly. How about this absolutely gorgeous jambiya? It's custom-made for a lady, a colectioner's piece!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm 

"What will this cut through, if I might ask?" She looked over the blade. It didn't seem much larger than hers, but if it was more useful...

"I've been here for maybe over two weeks now. I'm staying with a family friend. What about you? Are you staying long?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 pm 

She smiled and nodded, "I've been the advisor to the Governor of the East Port for a couple of years now."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:23 pm 

Akaichou's face brightened. "Oh, then you may know my host, Ide Mohan. He runs the apothecary."

She hesitated before continuing. "Perhaps you should inquire about any strange happenings on the Long Beach. I had a very strange encounter there last night."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:38 pm 

She nodded, "I do know Ide Mohan, he's a personal friend. And yes, we have heard a great many interesting stories from the beach the past couple of days... Were you referring to the spirits that seem to have caused a ruckus?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:32 pm 

"Well, it stabs more than cuts, Sayyeda. Stabba-stabba." Aram demonstrated on the side, stabbing air.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:00 am 

"Spirits? Is that what that was? I..." She became sheepish. "My friend and I were attacked by a giant crab. That's what prompted..." She gestured to the weaponry before them.

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next