Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 5 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9 EA] Counting on days
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 am 

Kenzo's lips twisted. "Sweet tooth cravings motivate people for a long journey? I hadn't heard that. But I've known people who would certainly make me believe it." He did not elaborate further, although his brown eyes showed his amusement.

"But I will be returning to Rokugan." He said, bowing his head.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 pm 

Kenzo could probably feel a mental nudge of disapproval from his charge as she gave him a brief glance.

"Likewise, I will be returning to Rokugan..." she looked to Bellena. "Where will your path take you?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:16 pm 

Bellena smiled slightly, "That is still somewhat undecided. But it appears my lord will have need of me abroad rather than back in Rokugan."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:51 pm 

"So Dragon to the left, Tortoise to the right. I am glad my vassals know my thoughts about where we should go. Would there be a Dragon among the Explorers who thinks about joining us?" Saionji smiled as he took notice of the 'sweet tooth' exchange. "I understand Berena-san has developed a rapport with your Clan."

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 pm 

"My brother-in-law has expressed an interest in continuing on the journey," Utsusemi added. "Agasha Sanjuro. He's a good man, and has been a great help with the construction of the temple."

She gave a smile to Bellena. "I am honoured to call Berena-san a friend," and one to Ran as well, "and it's been a pleasure to work alongside Ran-san, as well. Which is why I wished to speak to her about the temple."

"After all, I am returning home, and it might be difficult for me to come back here, depending on my duties to my husband and children. It would be a challenge to keep up contact with the temple, but... from what I have seen of the Tortoise, especially Ran-san, I have every faith that it will manage fine without me, with someone like her watching over it."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:11 pm 

An apologetic twist of the lips and flicker of the eyes was all Kenzo could offer here. Nevertheless, that is what he did.

"Allow me to add my praise to Agasha-sama's." Kenzo bowed. I have treasured Berena-sama's intellect, and her friendship. And Ran-san's as well." He gave each of them a bow individually. "I would have every confidence in them."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:34 pm 

Bellena nodded at both of their comments, "And I will make sure, as much as I can, that your efforts in fulfilling the Throne's decree will not go unrecognized. The Agasha and Prince Muhaki were friends long ago. Kasuga's own son served as a mentor of sorts for Saionji and I at different times. I am pleased that his family's influence could be felt again on this island."

She smiled warmly, "It is a shame you won't be coming along with us though. Utsusemi-sama's Merenaese is really coming along, and I'm sure there are scores of new animals that still need to be cataloged Kenzo-san."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:46 am 

"Your kindness knows no bounds," Ran said gently, nodding in appreciation to them all.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 am 

"Is your brother-in-law a priest, Agasha-san?"

Saionji inquired as good things started to arrive, the Senpet cake actually getting there first. He had been thinking of issues Bellena had raised but not all of them could be broached immediately or without certain preparation.

"It would be good if this rapport was carried both directions then. The Tortoise in Rokugan could certainly use some Dragon support in present circumstances. My father's focus is his former Clan but recent actions of the Crab are not really helpful. The Fox have long been our dear friends among the Minor Clans."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am 

Utsusemi gave a small shake of her head. "Afraid not. Sanjuro-san is a bushi, though his greatest talents is as a smith and inventor. My husband is a shugenja, but he is back home with the children."

The newly arrived cake was regarded with curiosity, as it was a treat she had never tried before.

"A continued friendship with the Tortoise is something I personally support, which I will recommend to my superiors. Especially considering the presence of Agasha here in the past."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 pm 

"So he's more like Agasha Kasuga, a man with great curiosity. I need to talk to him then. Later circumstances notwithstanding, I don't forget the first Rokugani to cross the ocean was a Dragon, the same one who discovered this island for us. The Explorers would not have known how to sail here had he not put the route in his journals. While I was not born a Dragon, my late mother and my uncle were. I hope your voice holds sway back home, Agasha-san."

Saionji nodded respectfully. The coffee arrived, alongside sugar, spice and Yodotai fig bread. Saionji took a thoughtful sip after a sniff.

"I am also grateful for all the support you gave my Clan in establishing the Temple to Sadahako. I know you've experienced the results of some spiritual negligence on the part of my Clan at the Shrine to Kasuga, but it is a challenge to properly revere the man with so divergent legacies. I talked with Yubari-san on this, however, and I think your efforts have built a momentum for us to move forth on spiritual matters on the island, and there won't be a better moment to do something lasting like when the Temple is finished."

He gave a thoughtful look to each of them.

"I would like a monastic tradition started within the Tortoise Clan within the Someisa family, like the ones that exist among the Dragon and the Phoenix, that would merge the reverence of our Fortune with a model of inkyo that would reflect who the Tortoise are. I understand that priests and monks currently meant to stay on the island come from different backgrounds, but so were the men and women who founded the Tortoise Clan, and that diversity has ever been our strength. I will accept fealty from each and any of them if they commit to the goal, and I will petition the Seppun through one of the daughters of Kentoshi-ue, and the Brotherhood to recognise the religious community on Kameyama as a distinct order, and a part of Imperial Shinseism. The elderly at the Shrine to Kasuga have long served as those wise about the life on the sea, and I would like their inkyo be given the same educational purpose so our lore is not lost and our young generations can benefit. I don't yet know what amount of presence the Explorers plan to retain on the island once their maiden stay is over but perhaps the library Asahina Tori has established can be brought under the same purview. There are also the concerns about the encroachments of the Spirit Realms that are best studied and addressed by religious communities. I see the issue of naming the next Someisa daimyo connected to it."

He darted his brow ever so slightly, wondering how much he had managed to surprise those gathered with his idea.

[OOC. That means Asahina Tori, Muhaki Ran and Agasha Utsusemi each have a shot for becoming the next Someisa Daimyo, and Tori and Utsusemi can swear fealty to Saionji.]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:38 pm 

"Lady Agasha-sama's contributions and determination in regard to finding the location for the temple as well as its construction should not be understated. She, as well as Muhaki Bellena-sama have been instrumental - without their guidance and support, this one would have floundered and the temple would suffer for it." Ran made sure to underscore. She added milk and then took a sip of her coffee as well, then set the cup down.

His next words caught her incredibly off guard, however, and Ran tilted her head, not unlike the curious civet circling their table who had spotted and was now eyeing Ichigo. Ran scooped up her tiny star turtle, her expression one of focus and concentration on her liege's words.

"Given the position you elevated me to, Muhaki-sama, I am of course available to you should you find need of me. Since childhood, I have been drawn to the study of theology, specifically the Fortunes."

She looked down at the turtle in her hands, Ichigo rubbed his head on her fingerpads in encouragement.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 pm 

Bellena just nodded warmly and reassuringly as Ran spoke. "I think you are choosing wisely Muhaki-dono. I do not know Asahina Tori personally, but either of these two would make a great leader of the Someisa family."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:11 pm 

Utsusemi herself added cinnamon to her coffee as Saionji spoke, and the natural grace of her movements halted a little as the meaning of his words began to sink in. Her eyes lowered to watch the dark pool of the coffee in its cup, thankful that Ran took the word first so she could gather her own thoughts.

"I... I am deeply honoured by these words of praise," she bowed to both Saionji and Ran. "When I took it upon myself to see that the Hantei's decree would be honoured, I did not do it for glory or rewards." It had seemed like the right thing to do; a good action.

To devote herself to furthering the arts on a larger scale... wasn't that something to reach for as an artisan?

"But, I am not in a position to make such a call lightly in this moment. Forgive me. I must consider how such a choice could impact my own family, Muhaki-dono..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:15 pm 

For his part, for a few moments, Kenzo was unable to hide the surprise on his face. His eyes went wide, his lips parting just a little.

The arrival of the coffee and some of the pastries at least reminded him of where he was. His expression returned to neutral, only the slight crease in his forehead indicating the working of his mind as he sipped black coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:24 pm 

Saionji nodded, taking a sip. He was long of opinion that politics is best done over coffee, something he he picked up from the Dahabi. He looked at Ichigo and smirked.

"It looks like it wants to be his pond caretaker for as long as you can, Ran-san. Something to weigh in on in addition to your theological focus I applaud you for."

Looking at Utsusemi, he nodded in understanding.

"Of course, Agasha-san, think about it. I am sounding out my agenda so you can reflect on it. Asahina-san should be made aware of it as well."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:10 pm 

"I can send a letter to my captain informing her of what we've discussed here this afternoon and the opportunity you have approached us with," Ran dipped her head to Saionji, pleased that he acknowledged and seemed to like Ichigo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:27 pm 

"Please do so, Ran-san."

Saionji nodded just when poppy seed buns and bakhlavas arrived!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm 

... Wow. Ran was excited to see the treats arrive. She would take a poppy seed bun, and break off a portion. She placed Ichigo back on the table, and put the piece next to him.

"Muhaki-sama... if this one may be so bold... I know Bellena-sama told you I had something to discuss with you. A message to parlay. I am sure you are aware my captain and myself, and our crew aboard the Stingray were visited by Lady Sadahako. She pressed upon me a message to be delivered. She stresses that you must find your father's wisdom inside yourself for the times to come, and for this you need more than one voice at your side. She said.. you live in many worlds at once and should not be swayed to act by the precepts of just one."

There was more, but Ran thought it would be better delivered in private at the end of their conversation here over desserts and coffee.

Ichigo, for what it's worth, nearly burrowed himself into the poppy seed bun, as if he had never eaten before now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:05 pm 

Utsusemi, having already tried the baklava before, decided to be adventurous and try the carrot cake. Not that she knew what it was, but it looked intriguing. The antics of the tiny baby turtle was adorable to watch, and she couldn't help herself from a good-natured chuckle as she watched Ichigo.

Though she had to look at Ran with some wonder and awe to hear that the new Fortune had showed herself to offer wisdom and guidance.

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 5 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next