Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 5 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9 EA] Counting on days
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:11 am 

"Ah, you'll be attending the ball?" Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "Wonderful. I look forward to seeing you there. If I'll be able to recognize you." He said, smiling.

"Utsu-sana will have the edge recognizing us, of course, making the masks and all. Mine is very good." He reassured both of them.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:52 am 

Ran nodded appreciatively. "Fantastic! Thank you so much." She knew the topic of commerce among samurai was a crass one, but she also knew from her time as ronin that establishing trade for items was necessity. "As for a style..." she leaned slightly forward, somewhat conspiratorial, as if this were some super secret about to be revealed.

"You're aware of the hou-ou, the immortal bird that is the namessake of the Phoenix clan? I was thinking... it'd be nice to callback... To embody the rebirth of the hou-ou after its combustive death, when it rises from the ashes of its former self to live again..." she said as much without outright saying I am former Phoenix, it was clear as crystal otherwise. "The colours I wish to work with in my dress are white, charcoal, oranges, and reds. I hope that paints something of a picture for you?"

The new Tortoise seemed to think on her words for a moment, and then nodded, pleased with herself.

Then from her sleeve of her kimono, she retrieved a palm-sized baby turtle, who nipped at her fingers, apparently and obviously annoyed at being disturbed. The baby turtle was the colour of the nightsky and stars themselves.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 am 

A part of Utsusemi really wanted to take out her writing and sketching supplies right now to put her ideas to paper as she listened to Ran's vision, but for now she resisted it, as to her it would be rude to do so to Kenzo and Ran both.

"Hm, that does sound very interesting. Yes, I think I have some ideas," she nodded thoughtfully, but her mind was a little side-tracked by the adorable little baby turtle that joined the group. "Oh..." she covered her mouth briefly to conceal her surprise. "Oh, how adorable!"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:41 am 

As the trio were adoring the small turtle, Bellena walked into the establishment. A woman with red-fire hair gestured toward a man with dark brown and ruffled hair who had just cast his bournous hood aside. The pair approached the trio and the woman smiled at the group, "Good afternoon everyone. I hope we're not too late. I hope you don't mind if I brought a guest. May I introduce Muhaki Saionji..."

She gestured to the man next to her.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:06 am 

Kenzo smiled, first at little Ichigo-san, and then at Utsu's reaction.

The arrival of the newcomers, though, drew Kenzo's attention. First, his eyebrows went up in pleased surprise at Berena, returning to a more polite neutrality when he realized the other man was with her.

Enlightenment came with the introduction, though. Kenzo bowed respectfully. "Muhaki-sama. This one is Mirumoto Kenzo. It is a pleasure."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:30 pm 

Utsusemi's On slipped back, though a little reluctantly, into her more pleasant neutral expression as she registered the new arrivals with Kenzo's reaction.

The Dragon lady bowed elegantly to the pair. "Muhaki-dono, it is an honour. This one is Agasha Utsusemi," she dipped her head once more as she finished the introduction, giving a smile to Bellena. "Bellena-san, it's good to see you could join us."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:42 pm 

Ran grinned wide at the lady Agasha's reaction. "This is Ichigo-san. A gift to me from the Lady Sadahako." Ichigo regarded the pair of Dragons - Kenzo was ignored, Ichigo had already met him. Utsusemi had lovely white hair that looked like sparkling fish hit by sunlight just so under the water.

Tasty.

Ignoring this, Ran bowed deeply as well at the additional Tortoise approach to their table.

"Muhaki-sama; Bellena-sama, gobusata shite orimasu."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:58 pm 

Saionji kept a poker face with just a small smile, though his dark gaze seemed amused. He inclined his head to other samurai. His black outfit under the bournous was of Merenaese style but had silver turtles emblazoned on it. "It's a pleasure. Berena-san have told me a little about each of you." He looked at the little Someisa in passing, but enough for her to catch the semblance in eyes... and nose. "Do you enjoy the coffee?"

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:26 pm 

"It has an acquired taste, but one I have grown to like," Utsusemi, being the highest ranking of the three, spoke first, her smiling growing a touch more relaxed and warmer. That the Muhaki daimyo had a sense of humour like this made her see why Bellena was so fond of him.

"I prefer the baklava more, personally."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:15 pm 

She regarded the Tortoise Champion a beat or three longer than politeness allowed, and then remembered herself. "Hai, the coffee. It's very black. Er, bitter!" ... "I rather enjoy it with a splash of milk, as Bellena-sama introduced it to me."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:22 pm 

The various reactions of his companions strained Kenzo's ability to maintain a straight face. His lips quirked at Utsu's mention of baklava, and again at Ran's mild stumbling.

"I enjoyed it, yes. An interesting counterpart to tea." Kenzo said, inclining his head. "I found coffee to be rather invigorating; excellent for when the body or mind still has a great deal to do."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm 

"It's amusing how you're all right about it. It's an acquired taste, going down better with pastry or milk or spices if one does not feel like a sharp, bitter awakening, and it's the tea's evil twin in social routines." He tilted his head slightly. "So it's complex, like most of the foreign things we're facing outside Rokugan." He regarded them all favourably, his amusement deepening at Ran's stare. His gaze returned to Bellena. "Let's celebrate the occasion. The finest luwak for our guests, with bakhlava, turrón, carrot cake, appel strudel, fig bread, honey hereessa and poppy seed buns. Or whatever of this Abdul can serve us. Cane sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, black sesame and fresh milk as well. Would you add something?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:35 am 

Bellena smiled, "If you're the one volunteering it, it means its your money you're spending on it. I'd prefer not to make my champion a beggar if I can avoid it."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:41 am 

Utsusemi's eyebrows lifted slightly, recognizing only a few of those words, but she understood that he was setting down quite the order of what seemed like sweets and pastries to be brought.

I... am really going to get fat on this island, she thought wryly. Better plan for a lot more brisk treks up to the temple if this was going to become a habit. But on the other... research for recipes to try at home with the children...?

She chuckled silently, giving Bellena a knowing smile.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:47 am 

Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "That's very generous, Muhaki-dono." He murmured, bowing. Goodness, he hoped that not too much of it would go to waste.

His gaze flickered to Utsu. Oh, right. Kenzo's lips twisted. Hopefully baklava would remain her clear favorite. This was a lot of new words to learn...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 am 

Ran nodded appreciatively to the Champion; "I don't know what any of those treats are, Muhaki-sama, but I am excited to taste all of them. Thank you for your generosity."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:38 am 

"I think we can afford it to be our treat every now and then, Berena-san."

Saionji called a servant and explained his order. It took some time to negotiate details, but once it was over he joined the table.

"I heard that at least some of you are going to sail further east, and it is known that nothing motivates for voyages better than sweet tooth cravings. And even if you are not, there's this chance to take some tastes home."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 am 

Bellena smiled at his comment, nodded, and found a seat with him at the table.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:55 am 

"Thank you, for your generosity," the former Crane bowed her head with a grateful expression. She just hoped Kenzo wouldn't come with some snide remark about sweet tooth...

Since she knew Kenzo wouldn't travel further east, she looked to Ran with some curiosity.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:21 am 

She gave a dip of her head, "Ah, uh, hai; my betrothed and I have decided to continue eastward. The foreign delicacies are admittedly not the reason why, they are an added perk."

Page 2 of 5 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next