Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Day 6 EE: Dark as the night, sweet as sin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:17 am 

The mantis took another sip. When the graceful Agasha asked him the question he could not help but smile impishly

''You could say that Agasha-sama...'' it was clear that this was not really the truth but the deception also did not seem malicious in nature

''There are many other varieties, my favorite being an 'antiloppe horn'...please, feel free to taste at your leisure.'' he finally said, motionning to the plate.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:24 am 

Her lips pursed slightly in good-natured annoyance at his impishness.

Still, it didn't stop her from having a bite of the baklava. The slight greasiness of the pastry was surprising, but it was only a minor setback to an otherwise delicious flavour of sweet and nutty. Her fingers pressed to her lips. "Oishii~"* her voice dropped to a murmur, but it didn't lessen the fact that she greatly enjoyed it.

"It's quite... quite different from what I have tried before."

Oh dear, I'm going to get fat on this island.

---

*=delicious, tastes good

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:40 am 

The mantis struggled to keep himself from letting out a chuckle: he clearly enjoyed the moment

''I have no doubt that it is Agasha-sama...but it seems enjoyable nonetheless.'' he extended his hand pick up one for himself

''Some are flavored with orange or rose water...I do remember seeing some of them yesterday along with some loukhoums''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:02 am 

"I can see how it would be possible to have many different flavours with this kind of food, yes," she nodded, already thinking if she could try to replicate the recipie, but with some other flavours more familiar to home.

The dragon mother chuckled softly. "I admit, sweets are a weakness of mine... I was not prepared for it to be so sweet and savoury. If you have not done so already, you should probably bring some back to share with your crew. Something like this is quite a treat after spending so much time out at sea."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:16 am 

''You have a generous heart Agasha-sama'' he replied with a grin ''But usually my men are more of the sake type''

He bit into his piece with the light yet inevitable 'crunch'

''If you wish to taste some more I would invite you to the Sahat Rasamat before the voyage's end. I am sure your sweet tooth would be quite enamored with what you may find''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:20 am 

"Generosity is the way of my family, Gusai-san, or rather... the way of my birth-family. Some habits I have not quit since my marriage," she smiled a little at that. "... It is a kind invitation, thank you. But it might be more suitable to extend the same honour to your betrothed, no? Or is she not fond of sweets?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:37 am 

There was a twitch of his upper lip when his betrothed was mentionned. Along with an ever so slight contraction of his jaw one could guess that it certainly was not one of joy.

''Seppun-san is quite busy but there will be time for that if she wishes.'' his answer was somewhat dry despite a clear attempt to mellow it out for the sake of the conversation

''In truth I enjoy new tastes and experiences and, consequently, am fond of sharing them with others'' His words certainly rang true but were more controlled as he took a deeper sip of his coffee in hopes of finding another subject of conversation.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:42 am 

The minute change in his expression and tone was... unexpected. Quite different to the reactions from most of the others she had spoken to about their upcoming nuptials.

Her brows furrowed in concern for a brief moment. "Gusai-san, if there are concerns or troubles, I would be more than happy to be of assistance to you or Seppun-san. I am no nakodo, but Miya-sama trusted me with looking after all of you and to be of help to you when I can be."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:53 am 

The mantis's body visibly became tense when the offer was made. He rearranged some cushions as an excuse to break eye contact the a reference to the Imperial nakodo was made as the expression of raw hate would have been too hard for him to even try to cover. Once this passed he took another sip and resumed the conversation.

''I thank you for your concern Agasha-sama.''

He took a breath

''Have you met with members of the Ki-Rin clan?''

Now that was a clear change of subject.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:57 am 

The distinct change in topic was noted, and Utsusemi made an effort to remind herself to seek out Seppun Kaiya in the future. There were certainly some troubles brewing there, but she did not know why.

If she could help prevent a bitter marriage, she would do what she could do save others from a fate similar to her own.

The woman sipped her coffee calmly. "I can't say I have, but I hear about it more and more everyday. Perhaps I am just a skeptic, but if they are Shinjo-kami's clan, it sounds almost too good to be true." And then there is the issue with this Tarkhanate they seemed to be aligned with.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 am 

Thank you

Susumu's demeanor seemed to improve greatly and seemed quite calm as he sipped his coffee, adding a little cinnamon afterwards.

''The Ki-Rin, or rather the Unicorn, seems to be quite a diverse group of people. I met a young Ide diplomat the other day and she seemed quite excited to meet us and learn of theEmpire and our ways.''

He stroke his chin, thinking

''I am meeting again with her to discuss languages and I hope to learn Mekhem from her. Needless to say she was not the fanatic drescribed earlier...''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:55 am 

"But it is concerning, no, if they are actually the Ki-rin and they have cast aside the importance of their Lady's divine siblings?" her brows knitted together as she lowered her gaze to her cup, adding in more of the cinnamon.

"It would be prudent if you could learn more from this diplomat, to see if what Miya-san told us about is an outlier and not the norm."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:01 am 

''A question, if I may, Agasha-sama'' the mantis tasted his newly spiced coffee and seemed to appreciate the change

''If you were a stranger in Rokugan would you rather engage a typical Kuni witch hunter or a Doji diplomat?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 am 

She raised an eyebrow at that. "I was of the belief we had samurai specifically tasked with the duty of interacting with foreigners, but for the sake of your question, a proper diplomat, of course."

Kuni were crazy people anyway who dressed up in ugly kabuki-makeup, gibbering about nightmares in the south and such.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm 

''There you have it'' he simpley replied

''The samurai of the Empire are a quite diverse group of people with varying customs despite all serving the Emperor...I would assume the Unicorn is much the same.''

He put his cup down, musing

''There are two rulers in their clan, no?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:20 pm 

"So I have heard," she nodded, though not wholly convinced it was as simple as the Gusai would have it. In the end, even Kuni were samurai and would uphold Bushido in the end, no? Not that she had a big track record of having met Kuni before.

"Makes you wonder if there is a balance to it, or if one rules only in name?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:30 pm 

"That might be one of the keys to this affair" he replied

"If there are two Khans and two power bases then we only need to convince one of them"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:34 pm 

"Given that convincing them is in our interest," Utsusemi noted. "There is still much we don't know or understand about them, and so far, I am inclined to agree with the assessement brought up earlier today that there is wisdom in not waking sleeping giants. Dealing with them is going to be a risky undertaking, one I don't think we will walk away unscathed from."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm 

"That is assuming the giant is actually sleeping"

He replied

"It would be a more greivous mistake to assume that he is when he is not"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:03 pm 

She gave a thoughtful nod. "Then, do you believe it is sleeping or awake?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next