Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Day 6 EE: Dark as the night, sweet as sin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:48 am 

The mantis looked at the establishment from the outside, contemplating a new experience here. He was'nt one much for tea but this 'coffee' he had heard about gave him a scratch he urged to itch.

After a moment he shrugs and smiled to himself as he went in. He was appreciative of the decor and on management of spaces...this seemed to offer comfort, tranquillity and some degree of privacy. Aside from the civet, this was not unlike a Rokugani tea house...no?

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: Day 6 EE: Dark as the night, sweet as sin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:00 am 

Well, she wasn't quite sure how she ended up here, when she had promised Kenzo she wouldn't walk around in this part of the eastern port on her own, but looking back, she guessed she had been in a hurry to get away from Zabieru and had taken a few wrong turns.

Passing by the coffee-shop, she recognized the smell from when she tried the Badger's teahouse in Dragon's Guard City, but this smelled... nicer? Richer, even, perhaps. She paused and looked back at the establishement, catching a glimpse of the Mantis captain entering.

Damnit, he's already inside. I can't shout for him. I was going to ask him for directions because... I'm lost. The Agasha sighed, regained her cool composure and entered as well.

"Oh, good evening, Gusai-san," she said pleasantly as she finally spotted Susumu again.

Utsusemi was decidedly dressed down from the meeting earlier that day, wearing clothing that were most likely local, and if not for her Rokugani features she stood out a little less this way. The ensemble, made of light cotton, was an aesthetically pleasing blend of Rokugani and Merenaese, with a kimono-like jacket in pale green and silver over a deep sea-green Merenaese-styled skirt. The look was completed with a simple sash of golden yellow around her waist.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 am 

I wonder if they serve baklawas here as well

The mantis had expected an hostess or waitress, if those two were not the same thing, to adress him first and not the apparition of a sudden dragon.

''Good evening Agasha-sama, I would not expect to find you here...Were you wondering about this place as well?'' his tone was polite but clearly curious

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:19 am 

"Hm, yes, I've been taking some time to explore the eastern port, and came across this place."

She shifted her stance slightly, allowing her to glance around the locale. It seemed nice enough, and well, she was here... it would look a little silly to ask for directions right away now. "Would you object to company? I have never been here before..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:27 am 

Susumu smiled kindly

''Not at all, in fact I would greatly welcome it. I have been told that this place is not unlike our tea houses in function but also serve a brew called 'coffee'...and since many would consider you the expedition's resident tea master I would be delighted to ear your impression of it.''

He turned slightly away, realising that an alcove was open for them

''If you would follow me, I believe our place is ready''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:38 am 

So... tea master, diplomat, nakodo, medic, keeper of the temple... is there something I am not to this expedition? Utsusemi thought with some humour as she followed the Mantis.

"I have sampled coffee once, in Dragon's Guard City, but I have a feeling that the locals here are much proficient in preparing it. Though I would say that from my experience with it, it is very different from tea... at least the one I sampled was more bitter, but richer in flavour, than tea."

At least Susumu seemed nicer than that uncouth Champion of his, she noted. Or perhaps my standards are slipping when Rokugani are so few? No, no... give him a fair chance.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 am 

Once the alcove was reached Susumu parsed the light drapes for Utsusemi

''Coffee in Dragon's Guard?...Yes, I do remember we import some from our islands. I expect you are correct when you say the residents would likely prepare it better, they certainly have more experience then us in this art. I must admit I have not tasted coffee in a place quite like this before.''

Has he talked he noticed the Dragon's garnments

''Interesting ensemble you are wearing today Agasha-sama, the styles blend very well together.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:16 am 

"Me neither. I wonder if they have something similar to our tea ceremony..." she mused idly, glancing at the four-legged creature that loped past them. Oho, Kenzo should see this!

"Oh... thank you," her smile brightened a little. "I picked it out yesterday with Muhaki-san when she showed me around. The weather here is a little too warm for most kimono, sadly. Though I suspect you might be used to it from the Mantis isles, no? I have heard it is rather tropical compared to most of the mainland."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:45 pm 

Susumu gave a nod in agreement

''You would be correct once again Agasha-sama. Our weather can be difficult for visitors, especially courtiers and magistrates who usually insist in performing their functions in...erm...an excessive number of layers for the temperature. But our weather allows our exotic crops to grow well so we are still very greateful for it.''

Seeing Otomos feint is still hilarious

''I am glad to see you adpat so well to this one, you are very ressourceful Agasha-sama. How was your exploration of Little Aquahba, If I may ask?''

As he did a waiter came to bring them the menus

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 pm 

Menus? Oh that was certainly a difference from Rokugani teahouses.

"It's... quite big, and crowded. And so many different people and languages in one place." She avoided mentioning the smell of said people in a crowded place. "Not sure if I would call myself resourceful, but thank you. I've been fortunate to have had the chance to learn about Kameyama Jima while we were travelling.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 pm 

"That is most fortunate indeed. I wish we had known were we were going during the trip, problems might have been avoided."

He looked over the menu

"Have you ever tasted baklawas?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:39 pm 

"Hmm, I'm not sure if any of the troubles the fleet faced could have been avoided, seeing as they were dangers that we had no way to predict would happen... " she shrugged as she dave her opinion.

"Bak... I'm sorry, no, I'm not familiar with it. It's some kind of food I guess?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 pm 

"It is true that I am a more experienced sailor, I see thing differently"

He steepled his fingers, a Twinkle on his eye

"Baklawas are rich small desserts made of thin, flaky layers of pastry filled with chopped nuts, butter, and cinnamon and soaked in a honey...they are quite delicious and I would be happy to purchase some if you are willing to try."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 pm 

It was no secret where her daughter had inherited her sweet tooth from.

" Oh," she had to keep herself somewhat composed. "It sounds quite delicious. I would love to try it, please."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:02 am 

The mantis smiled wide and signaled the servant. While he did not know coffee, he asked for the man's recommendation and a plate of baklawas. Soon enough the delights came.

Then, after a while longer, the coffee with some sugar and a stick of cinnamon

The mantis picked up the pot, meaning to serve the dragon

''If you would allow me''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:33 am 

Utsusemi was quite interested in the small cakes brought before them, but she maintained her manners as she look approvingly at the cups and pot. They were quite lovely, in their own way.

"Usually I am the one to serve, but please, go ahead. I suppose I should take the chance to enjoy others doing the favour," she gave the Mantis a favourable smile.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:30 am 

''A pause is surely well deserved'' the mantis replied while serving the coffee. He then picked up the small container

''Would you try with sugar or cinnamon, Agasha-sama, or would you prefer enjoying the natural flavor for the first cup?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:39 am 

She idly wondered if it was customary to add these things to coffee, or if it was like with certain types of tea that went well with honey.

"I think I will try the natural flavour first, thank you," Utsusemi nodded. The cup was picked up with delicate hands, and she breathed in the aroma before taking a sip. It was different, yet familiar, to what she had tried once before... but it was better. Rich, dark, filling...

"What preference do you have for your coffee?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:55 am 

He picked up his cup in one hand, breathing in the aroma

''I will admit I do enjoy my coffee with a few added spices and a hint of sugar but I do not dislike drinking it black...'' he sipped the liquid dark and savoured it for a moment before nodding in approval ''Much like I enjoy chai, now that I think of it''

He put the cup down

''How is it?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:03 am 

Hm, yes, spices... she thought, looking down in to the dark liquid.

"It's quite nice. I usually prefer black teas, though this is very different. I think I will have some of the cinnamon to go with it, to add more to the flavour." I wonder how it would be like to combine tea and coffee... There was a sense of contemplation to her smile as she helped herself to the cinnamon.

And then a piece of the baklava. "How did you come across this pastry, Gusai-san? Something you discovered on the island here?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next