Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: The Iron Heart
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 pm 

"Jama-kun..."

The man snarled chillingly at her voice, without even turning away from writing. His black hair were set loose, a canopy spread across pristine white garment hastily cast on his shoulders just a moment ago.

"Enough of this informality, Tsugiko. Know your place."

His tone stung her, as usual. No matter how much she tried, how much of herself she gave him, he was always cold right after. Seemingly there was nothing she had that could stir his emotions outside moments of lust... No, of course there was something.

Ambition. He appreciated when she was fuelling his, partaking in it, doing his bidding... keeping his secrets. This is why he was keeping her, for ambition and secrets. The language she understood well.

"What would you have me do, esteemed scion of the Hantei?"

She reached for her obi. It had taken two hours to tie the knot into a chrysanthemum... and just a few seconds for him to unmake it and lose interest.

"I think I made it clear."

"I ask what you would like me to make them into."

"Oh, you can do it, all of a sudden? I want versatility, loyalty, courage. With a pinch of..."

He trailed off on purpose. She knew this game of his. He wanted her to play it to feel more intelligent. She despised herself sometimes for playing along, but she knew it couldn't be helped now. The knots of karma had been tied for him and her. He would see no difference between her and Arashige were she to revolt. He would just say: 'It's your fault, Tsugiko'.

"...ruthlessness?"

"...progressive mind."

"Wouldn't Yajinden be better for it?"

There was this faint hope he would keep her in the capital after all.

"Perhaps. But you wouldn't be better for what I need him for."

She finished tying her obi in silence. A simple cockade this time, though flawless. Even when distraught, she was a Crane.

"I'll do my best not to disappoint you, Hantei no Kimi."

"See that you will."

She desperately tried to find a quantum of affection in his voice. She found none.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]