Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Slight
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:21 pm 

"For today's lesson you will be sparring off against another." Kaiya's mother lead her into the usual room, preparing her mentally for the fight before her.

"He has a year on you Kaiya, so I expect the best from you."

The two arrived at the door to where the spar would take place. Kakita Tamiko turned to face her daughter more properly. Glancing about quickly before leaning down and pulling her daughter close with a hug. Pulling back from it she looked into her daughter's eyes assuring not only herself but Kaiya of that notion. Kaiya smiled as she looked back to her mother. Never needing to do more with her.

"You'll do fine. You are my daughter after all."

As the two entered the room Tamiko moved off to where she would spectate the duel from. While Kaiya moved over to collect a bokken as she was instructed. Taking her spot on the mat she looked up to the one she would be sparring with. None other than Doji Ichiro stood opposite her. Seeing that she almost smiled, this was a fight she had been waiting for thanks to the stories circulating. Stories that would be proven without much wa-

"The silent beauty Kakita Kaiya has arrived. I am sure your radiance will only prove more stunning when your skill has become apparent to all present."

Doji Ichiro grinned as he bowed to his opponent with the flare only practice could afford. Shameless even in a place like this was Kaiya's only thought. Her own response was to remain as professional and cold in an attempt to part the wave of flattery. She certainly wasn't going to be the third to fall for such things.

"Not even a little something sweet? Perhaps if I earn it, you will offer me the pleasure of your smile?"

Kaiya takes her stance, unresponsive to his further words, or perhaps that was response of his own? He sure took it that way.

"As you wish, Kaiya-san. I shall do my best to earn your favor."

With a final smirk he took his own stance. Tamiko, from the side made the announcement.

"Begin."

Kaiya's bokken came out from the sheathed position in a quick first blow. Meeting Ichiro's at the space between the two. Locking bokken and then glances for a moment. Enough of a moment that when they parted he backed a step.

"Kaiya-san to meet you in such a way. Why, it leaves me speechless."

While he was busy smirking Kaiya made a strike. The bokken glancing off one another just before it would have struck Ichiro along his side. Eyes flared as his smirk grew. Kaiya sense another comment coming so she went at him again. It had become a forced offense to simply get him to leave his mouth shut. Forcing him to focus on her blade than... well, anything else. Meeting again and again their bokken became acquainted with one another. Old friends by the time they met for the final time between the two sweat formed on each combatants brow. That was when he noticed something, an opportunity. Letting her bokken slide along his he let her win... which was a surprise. Such a surprise that she didn't notice her overstep that only naturally followed with their changed position. Giving Ichiro the chance to fall backwards, pulling Kaiya down with him. Stealing a kiss in the heat of the moment.

Realizing what just happened her brow's furrowed and full face became flustered. As his wide grin formed she pushed herself up and off of him. Sitting beside him Kaiya's head was spinning, unable to make heads or tails of what just happened. As he lay there he laughed a bit, even as those spectating watched on.

"That was rather unexpected Kaiya-san. Not that I mind, you're rather a nice kis-"

SMACK.

With full force Kaiya got a hold of what tragedy had just befallen her. Responding in the only way that seemed natural. With her hand turning red from the force of the slap and the tingling sensation becoming more and more apparent she collected her bokken and made her exit. Leaving a completely stunned Ichiro in her wake. Leaving him with the taste and tingling pain of her palm as he lay there.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]