Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: A Simple Chat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 am 

The arrival of Bayushi Kenjiro was an unpleasant surprise. Like any good Scorpion, Tansaku Akarei had the decency and self-control to suppress her displeasure. And like any good Scorpion, she knew that a Bayushi courtier never came for a simple chat.

For now, the two of them shared a customary pot of tea in her own temporary abode. She hated the sounds of construction outside. She hated being ordered to come here in the first place.

Ryoko Owari. This place will never compare to Beiden.

“I imagine a majority of portents point towards glory, Tansaku-san,” the man stated with a curled smile. He was seemingly comfortable with her already. “And any of those that are of ill omen are avoided due to your prudence.”

The priestess gave a slight nod. “You are correct, Bayushi-sama.”

He perked his brow. “You sound unsure. I was under the impression that your work was proceeding smoothly among these parts.”

“My input is not always well-regarded, Bayushi-sama,” she stated plainly.

“But that opinion is valuable nonetheless.” He let out a small chuckle. “There is no need to concern yourself with the prattle of ignorant men.”

The redhead returned the chuckle, though hers began to erupt into a full-blown laugh. “Ignorance is a bane to our existence, is it not, Bayushi-sama?” She tilted her head and stared at him through the slits of her mask. “I imagine that you have been well-educated at the Shining Light Village or some other college, Bayushi-sama. Please correct me if I am mistaken.” He stayed silent for the time being, allowing her to continue. “And what would I have instead? The wisdom of the kami? Would I not be better served by having a ‘true education’ under my repertoire?”

Bayushi Kenjiro maintained his smile. If he had lost any ground, he was an expert in not allowing it to show. “It is truly a shame that you are not allowed to expand your considerable knowledge, Tansaku-san. You would be better able to fulfill your Duty to our Clan. However, there exists no avenue towards your betterment.”

“If I may, perhaps we are not searching hard enough.” She reached into her satchel and retrieved a scroll to present to her guest. “My namesake is for more than my name. With this incantation, I can set myself ablaze and not be harmed in the slightest. That is true power, Bayushi-sama. And with that display, they would see why I am not to be denied.” She grinned at him. “I could perform a demonstration for you if you desire, Bayushi-sama. It would be my esteemed honor to.”

“That will not be necessary,” he stated, his tone still as casual as before. “A fiery temperament and red hair to accompany it. Unless I am mistaken, your hair color is not common among your family, Tansaku-san. In fact, it is a rarity among our Clan entirely. It is for that very reason we are unable to conceal your priesthood to allow you to attend.” He took a sip from his cup and then looked to her hair. “Would you please remind me of the source of such lovely hair, Tansaku-san?”

The woman sighed and motioned to her hair with a bit of flourish. “My mother was born Kitsu,” she announced, with fake enthusiasm.

“That is an oddity indeed!” he said, a look of surprise on his face, “I was under the impression that their family was insular with marriage and protective of their secrets. I am impressed that your immediate family was able to secure such an arrangement.” Before she could speak up, he gestured to his cup of tea to be refilled. “May I pry into the history behind the matter? It may do me well for my future engagements with the Lion.”

Akarei poured out the tea in silence. She then looked up to him and smiled. “Perhaps that is a story for another time. I had forgotten a prior arrangement to assist in the construction of this place. I would not want to abandon my Duty.”

“Then I will not intrude on your time any longer, Tansaku-san. You have been a most gracious host.” He looked the tea and then back to her. “It is truly a shame that I will not be able to have more of your wonderful blend.”

“I will be sure to serve it again for your next visit.” She paused and then gave him a smirk. “Would you like me to divine your travels from this place? I would certainly want to ensure your utmost safety, Bayushi-sama.”

The man, as always, maintained his smile. “That will not be necessary, Tansaku-san.”

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]