Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D12 - EN] Unexpected Visit (Closed)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 pm 

This has been a long day. Hinami finally returned to her home at Jitaku No Kyomei. She dismounted and patted her horse with gentleness '' Good work, Akagi. You earned some rest~ '' She whispered to the horse.

Tomorrow will be crucial. If the information she got from her spy network was reliable then that brutish crab that humilliated her will be attacking the Mamluk commander soon. Hopefully, with her warning to Ide Akaichou the Unicorns will be ready for any strange circumstance and with her own preparations she will be able to capture him and avenge the insult to her person and avenge the death of the ranger.

[OOC-Rolls]

Lore: Underworld/Intelligence 5k3; +1k1 Void - 31

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D12 - EN] Unexpected Visit (Closed)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:03 am 

The person waiting for her in the tea room of the Kyomei was Doji Haruka. Hinami had been informed of this by a bit perplexed and unusually anxious Aiteru. He would have long been in bed if not for the unexpected visit of the Explorers' saibankan.

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:02 pm 

Hinami was informed about the unexpected late hour visitor. She fixed and straightened her kimono and went to the tea room. She found odd that Aiteru was so perplexed by this visitor, sure it was a bit odd that she arrived so late, but was it so strange? after all Hinami was attacked by a brutish crab. News about this attack were probably already public knowledge.

'' Konbanwa Doji Haruka-san, what an unexpected visit.'' Hinami bowed to the Doji saibankan. '' I hope that you had been blessed today...'' The young Seppun said with respect.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:12 pm 

"I have received blessings from the Fortunes to continue in my life of work, Seppun-san. Konbanwa." Haruka bowed politely. "Please forgive my late appearance, but I believe this matter cannot wait too long. I have been informed that you were assaulted by a Rokugani of the Crab Clan. Is this correct?"

Both women had not had extensive contact before but something about Haruka was disconcerting Hinami. While the woman politely didn't stare, Hinami could swear her gaze was predatory.

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:21 pm 

Bruised Hinami nods to the Doji.

'' Hai. He threaten me with violence and murdered another fellow rokugani, a shugenja woman. I didn't knew her name, she only identified herself as a ranger but she was helping me getting out of the jungle when she was suddenly and without warning, shot down by this Hiruma...''

'' When I had a chance, I ran away, and picked the woman's wakizashi. It would had not been 'right' to leave her sword and honor to rust in the jungle or to be desecrated by a criminal...'' She explained her version of the situation.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 pm 

"I generally agree that would have been bad, whoever that ranger was. Wakizashi is a good way to tell that she was indeed a Rokugani." Haruka nodded. "However, please tell me, Seppun-san, how much time has elapsed since the incident you've just described occurred?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:30 pm 

'' More than one of Amaterasu's-no-kami cycles. I remember that I went to the pools around midday yesterday, Doji-san.'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 pm 

"Thank you, Seppun-san. This information seems quite relevant. I understand you hold a position in the Ministry of Protocols. Would you nevertheless describe yourself as a person uneducated in Imperial Law?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:51 pm 

'' I know the basics, Doji-san, but I cannot say that I'm an expert jurist. I mostly acquired this knowledge to help me in my duties as part of the bureaucracy. '' She replied.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:47 pm 

Haruka nodded. "You can probably make an informed call whether the situation you experienced exhausts the conditions for admissibility of the jurisdiction of the Emerald Office under Section One and Two of Part One of the Charter of the Emerald Magistrates." She paused. "Unless, Seppun-sama, for some reason yet unstated you consider crimes occurring on this island outside of the purview of the Imperial institutions."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:05 am 

Hinami tried to remember the imperial law as best as she could, she was no expert but if she remembered correctly those two sections referred to the jurisdiction of the Emerald Magistrates. '' They probably should fall under the office of the emerald magistrates, Doji Haruka-san. But does imperial law extend to this island? I mean no disrespect to you or the emerald magistrates, I truly value your commitment and sense of duty to the Son of Heavens and to the Hantei dynasty, but clearly the rule of law has been undermined on this island. '' She commented.

'' The attack i suffered is just only one example of how individuals among the imperial explorers or rokugani people living here on this island don't care or don't respect imperial law, culture or our traditions. Hantei-no-kimi probably has already noticed how our way of life is being undermined by individuals who prefer to do whatever they want, without retribution. Dishonor and corruption is already running rampant among many individuals.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:11 am 

Haruka frowned. "Should I understand by this that you don't personally recognise my jurisdiction over the assault to which I am entitled under the mentioned sections on grounds that the Imperial Law is inadmissible on this island to acts committed against you, Seppun-sama? If so, I'd have to report your interpretation to Hantei-no-kimi without delay as it would formulate an interesting precedence, given your birth and station."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 am 

'' No, that is not what i'm trying to say, Doji-san. What i'm trying to tell you is that even if you would take the case on your hands, which you should do and i will offer you my full cooperation, people will simply don't care if you have the legal right to continue with the process. Our sacred rule of law is almost nonexistent here. Which is outrageous''

'' Insult an imperial? Threaten him? Act dishonorably? People had attacked me, both with physical threats or with innapropiate behavior, several times in these past days and nobody says nothing. Very few people respect the rule of law here. ''

'' Of course I can't accuse the other past transgressions since I don't have proper testimony. But at least for this case I will offer you my full cooperation.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:28 am 

"So it is your disbelief in my capacity to enforce the Imperial Law that has led you to... take the unconventional actions, Seppun-sama?" Haruka looked Hinami in the eyes and suddenly the Seppun knew that the other woman was here with full awareness of her call to the underworld.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 am 

Hinami was a bit surprised but not so much. She has a reputation after all.

'' Well, something had to be done. '' She said '' What would you had done if someone threaten to to kill and or rape you, Doji-san? Would you simply stand still while the murderer that threated you walks around and nobody does a damn thing to stop him? '' She adds.

'' I used what means I have to solve this situation, since nobody gives or cares about imperial rule anymore. Not in this island, at least.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am 

"If I weren't an Emerald Magistrate, I would have reported to an Emerald Magistrate. This is the only proper conduct the Imperial Law recommends. Vigilantism or any domestic jurisdiction are forbidden for the crimes which are Imperial in scope. If you disagree with this procedure on some grounds, I'd like to ask you for an urgent testimony in writing so I could present it to Hantei-no-kimi. And he is not nobody, Seppun-sama. Neither am I."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:16 am 

'' Do what you must, Doji-san. You have proper testimony, you have seen my bruised face, I have the the ranger's wakizashi and you have the name of my attacker. I hope you catch him before he continues to cause havoc in this island, and I hope that he suffers an appropriate punishment for his crimes...'' She said with a bit of anger.

'' What I said is what my two eyes have seen. People around are doing whatever they want, corruption is running rampant and imperial power and institutions had been undermined and nobody outside the Imperial families seems to care, except some few exceptions. I will leave this case to you, since I can't go against imperial law.'' She said with a bit of frustation.

'' But let me say this to you, Doji-san. I will not stay idle as i see imperial control crumbling all around. I have a duty to protect and uphold the power of the Hantei, and I will continue to do so, even if i'm the only one doing it. I'm a loyal servant of the Son of Heavens and of Hantei-no-kimi. ''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 am 

"You are not the only one, Seppun-san. And since you've endorsed my jurisdiction to handle the matter, it will be handled." Haruka paused. "Now, the law gives me some discretion in procedure. My impression from your attempts to mobilise... uncertified resources is that you wish this to be a lesson of awe, so that your authority and that of Imperial institutions in general could benefit."

A malevolent glint may or may not have appeared in Haruka's eyes.

"I might accommodate some of your wishes with regard to the time and conditions under which the culprit could be detained into an isolated custody."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 am 

'' My only wish is that people once again fear to go against the Son of Heavens, Hantei-no-kimi and the Imperial families. To make him an example of what happens to those that defy the rightful and sacred rule of the Hantei and those closest to them.'' She said, her tone was neutral.

'' Hantei rule is absolute and people should be reminded of their proper place in the Celestial Order. Those who defy the mandate should be punished. This is not what I desire, Doji-san, this is what it must be done to ensure Hantei power. '' Hinami replied with determination and absolute lack of compassion.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:21 am 

"It doesn't matter to you by whom?" Haruka looked intently.

Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next