Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: [D7 - EA] Information Broker (Closed)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 am 

The young princess waited patiently for Muhaki Aiteru, her host, in the main room of Jitaku no Kyomei. Meanwhile, was enjoying some of her Ten Thousand Temples tea, a rare blend brought from her father's personal stock. This was one of Rokugan's finest tea, worthy of a princess and the Seppun daimyo and probably impossible to acquire in this forsaken island. This tea really relaxed Hinami, as it reminded her of her home, and her family.

She prepared two cups, one for her and another one for her host. She needed him, more specifically, she needed information about the island, it's people, how the ports are managed and who is in charge. She heard the rumours about Aiteru and, if they are true, he could be very useful to get a more comprehensive picture of Kameyama Jima.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D7 - EA] Information Broker (Closed)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 pm 

When the mid-aged, well-groomed and slightly rotund man arrived, he showed proper respect to his guest, bowing deeply.

"Kon'nichi wa, Seppun-sama. It's an honour to be invited into your presence."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm 

'' Ah, Muhaki-san. '' Hinami stood up and offered a bow. '' I'm glad you came, please sit. Have you recieved Inari's-no-kami blessings today? '' She said politely.

'' Might I offer you a cup of tea? Ten Thousand Temples blend, a personal favorite. It has a mild spicy flavour, very unique taste.'' She offered the man a cup of tea. If the man accepted, Hinami would gracefully filled his cup.

'' First, let me offer you my thanks for allowing me to stay at your home. I sincerely hope that my presence here has not been bothersome, Arigato Gozaimasu.'' She offered her sincere gratitude and another respectful bow to the man.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 pm 

"I have, Seppun-sama, and I hope the one my humble abode has secured for you was acceptable. It is a delight for me to host a true princess. My establishment has not seen such splendour before. It is I who is very thankful for your august presence."

The man bowed deeply once again.

"Sharing this elegant tea with your would be an exquisite experience, Seppun-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm 

'' It has. '' Hinami nods in appreciation. '' Your residence brings to my mind a sense of being at home. A piece of our glorious empire in the middle of the domains of Suitengu-no-kami. A refuge for our traditions and culture. I must congratulate you for your good tastes, Muhaki-san.''

'' And that's the reason I called you today. Rokugan.'' Now Hinami's voice was a bit more serious. '' You see, I do believe that I could help the Imperial explorers and our most honorable prince by taking an ambassadorial position here, since our Divine Emperor has declared his intention to 'open' our Empire to the gaijin, and our prince is interested in expanding our influence beyond the seas. So, someone like me could help the throne in that regard, or at least that is what I think.'' She explained to Aiteru.

'' But to achieve that objective I need information to create a more concise image of Kameyama Jima. A man like yourself must know many things about this island, how people live their lives here, what goods are produced and exchanged, who are these so called 'Unicorns', etc. To my shame, I'm not very knowledgeable about those topics, and although Hantei-denka has, in all his wisdom, lent me a translator, my lack of knowledge of gaijin languages is quite disadvantageous here...'' She fanned herself slowly.

'' I must ask for your help, Muhaki-san. I truly believe that if you aid me our influence here, and beyond, could be expanded.'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 pm 

"Very intriguing postulations, Seppun-sama." Aiteru nodded solemnly. "I congratulate you on the confidence Hantei-no-kimi puts in you. It is truly a blessing that there is a chance for Rokugani authority to be asserted here. I'd need to ask, what information do you find most pertinent to your plans right now. Not all can be imparted at once, of course."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm 

'' Of course, I understand. Hmmm... '' She thought for a moment. '' Basic information. Like, who manages the other side of this island? What are the relations between these so called 'Unicorns' of Little Akaba with the rest of the island? From where these foreigners came from? Which gaijin are considered important?, etc. Mostly information about the other side, since this part is managed by the Tortoise clan.'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:56 am 

"Let's see, Sepun-san... The man responsible for governing the East Port is Juan de Almeria, a Merenaese noble. His reactions with the Unicorn are correct and he cooperates with them to maintain security and public order. Both the Unicorn and the Merenese consider East Port superior for living so they don't venture too much into the West Port unless to trade. The foreigners are coming from further east, Merenae and the Tarkhanate. Of them, apart from the governor the most important individuals would be his twin brother Jose and his wife Rita, the commander of the Unicorn regiment Moto Futto and the imam of the Purple Mosque, Iuchi Mahasin. There are also quite a few important merchant patrons on the other side. The most prominent is probably Anwar al-Basiri."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:44 am 

Hinami nods as Aiteru answer her questions. Some of these names are somewhat familiar to Hinami but she was a bit surprised by the first names that Aiteru mentioned, first Juan de Almeria, the governor of East Port. Almeria sounded a lot like Arumeriya. And then he mentioned that he has a brother named Jose, that sounded a lot like Hosui or Hosei to her. This new information caught Hinami's attention.

'' I see, I suppose that this 'Moto Futto' is the same person know as...Fua...Fuadu Alu...'' By Hida's balls these gaijin names...'' Fuadu Alumautu, right? the commander of the Mamuluku or whatever they are called. Iuchi Mahasin, I have heard that name as well, a young gaijin Unicorn woman by the name 'Ide Akaichou' mentioned her to my sister.'' She commented first about the Unicorns, then she asked further about what really caught her interest.

'' Muhaki-san, the East Port Governor, this Huanu Arumeriya, do you think he would be open-minded and receptive about the idea of expanding our trade relations with him and his gaijin nation? '' She asked. '' I imagine that he must be quite arrogant if he thinks that East Port is better than this side, but then again, if i want to become an ambassador for Hantei-denka I must try and meet with this gaijin...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am 

"Fuad al-Maut."

Aiteru confirmed.

"The governor is a sensible, calm man, and he has a good history of dealing with us in the West Port. His plantations on the other side are the main source of food for the island and he has traded it without disturbances or unfairness. His brother and the governess' representative in the Square of Contracts in the East Port often communicate but I don't see why you shouldn't deal with him directly, Seppun-sama. It's good to be aware, however, that his authority is real here, that has both land and naval forces behind him that can likely overpower what Hantei-no-kimi has brought with the expedition, and he owes his primary loyalties not the Emperor, bu to his own family and the King of Merenae."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:32 pm 

'' Hmmm, I see. I'll have to meet him. I will follow your wise council and warnings but I do not expect violence since that is not what our Divine Emperor and Hantei-denka wants. At least from my part.'' She calmly sips from her tea, and refilled Aiteru's cup.

'' Do you know if these gaijin have any traditions when they meet each other? Like bringing gifts or something like that? Also how powerful is the Arumeriya family? From what I can understand, they seem to be an important gaijin family.'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm 

"A gift is never bad, though you shouldn't expect refusals, Seppun-sama." He bowed in gratitude for the refill. "Quite powerful, one of the top houses in Merenae. The head of the family still holds a large hereditary fief, the province of Estremaviedo. His sons are actually triplets. Juan the Elder, Jose and Juan the Younger. Two are here, the third is much further east, but they have long accumulated wealth by positioning themselves on key trade nodes."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 pm 

'' But, how I will show the sincerity behind my gift?... Oh well, no matter. '' Uncivilized gaijin... She thought. '' Triplets, eh? '' For some reason she remembered Hikari.

'' I believe this will be the last question for today, Muhaki-san. What kind of products these gaijin trade with us? I think that could be an important issue to comment if I meet with him.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:51 am 

"I am tempted to say that all kinds of products, Seppun-sama. We have entered the stage in trade when it's not just specific ecocities and curios, but whole branches of commodities and crafted goods. Crane artwork has been a popular Rokugani export, as well as porcelain, tea, sake beverages, fans, umbrellas, silk and cotton fabric and apparel. Here, we usually re-export to Rokugan gunpowder weaponry, precision instruments, spices, books, wine, whisky, and specie. Rare timbers and dried or salted foodstuffs travel both ways. There's much more. Industrious captains discover new markets quite often."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 am 

'' Hmm, I see. That's a lot...'' She commented. '' Well, Muhaki-san you have been of great help. Clearly you are a man that lives to expectations and remember that service to the Imperial families is always rewarded. If you should need help about something, please, I will gladly aid you if is within my power. '' She bowed to the man respectfully.

'' I do not wish to bother you anymore, probably you have more pressing matters to attend to. Once again, I sincerely give my thanks, Muhaki Aiteru-san.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 am 

"I live to serve my betters. It was a great pleasure to partake in this exquisite tea, Seppun-hime."

The man bowed deeply, then shuffled himself out.

/scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]