Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Opening accounts (day 5 early afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 pm 

That afternoon, the young captain of Kunshu Maru arrived at Jitaku no Kyomei. Bowing to the attendant, Kitsu Keiji presented his chop and inquired as to whether Muhaki Aiteru was receiving callers.

Post subject: Re: Opening accounts (day 5 early afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 pm 

Muhaki Aiteru received him in his tea room.

"Kon'nichi wa, Kitsu-sama. Your travel to Kameyama has been enjoyable, I hope?"

The man inquired in smooth Rokugani after a greeting bow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 pm 

"Most enjoyable so far," Keiji replied, returning the bow. "There was a minor storm on the way over, but nothing that Kunshu Maru and her crew couldn't handle. I trust your own business ventures are going well, Muhaki-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:07 pm 

"Very much so, Kitsu-sama, the island is good for patroning merchants. I also have some official responsibilities under the governoress."

Aiteru gestured on the very Rokugani cushions before him for Keiji to make himself comfortable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm 

Keiji took a seat on one of the cushions, visibly set at ease by the more familiar decor of Aiteru's residence.

"I had heard that you were the best person to see about such commercial endeavors, Muhaki-san," Keiji said. "Especially for Rokugani such as my crew and myself. I'm a military man by training, myself; so, while I'm quite familiar with campaign logistics and supply trains, for mercantile matters I should greatly appreciate some guidance from a person in your position - if, that is, it would not be too much of an imposition."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm 

Aiteru called a servant to bring them tea.

"It might be, Kitsu-sama, but it depends in what capacity you're inquiring about it. You might not be a seasoned entrepreneur and I assume your other duties are manifold but perhaps you don't lack an entrepreneurial spirit."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 pm 

Keiji accepted one of the cups of hot tea and took a polite sip.

“As captain of Kunshu Maru, I am Admiral Jama’s servant and must follow all his orders,” Keiji began. “Chiefly this has been to establish friendly ties with the inhabitants of Kameyama Jima, and to perform a certain amount of exploration, all things that I have been undertaking to accomplish.”

“Among my other responsibilities, however, has been to carry a number of monks, artisans, and materials for the construction of a new shrine here on the island,” he continued. “Having unloaded these, Kunshu Maru is left with her cargo holds empty. And although I am uncertain precisely when the Admiral shall order us to set sail back for the mainland, I believe I would be remiss in my duties if I were to return to Rokugan with an empty cargo hold.”

“I was hoping that a man such as yourself might have some helpful insight on how best to solve such a problem, Muhaki-san.” Keiji swirled the tea in his cup with a small motion as he looked at Aiteru.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm 

"The traffic between ports on the island never ceases and there are always some good to carry between them. The governess has a bureau at the Square of Contracts in the New Hope district of the East Port, and we maintain a stevedore presence and warehouses in the Tortoise Docks. If you feel like you could help us streamline shipping, a cargo for your vessel could certainly be arranged." Aiteru replied with a small smile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:10 pm 

"If you could arrange for such cargo as you think would be appropriate, that would be ideal, Muhaki-san," Keiji replied. "Your knowledge of local contacts and shipping lanes seems invaluable for such an endeavour."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 pm 

"Then I think we're in agreement here, Kitsu-san." Aiteru sipped the tea. "I enjoy working with decisive men."

---

[Kitsu Keiji has grounds to purchase Location, Port Network and Merchant Master for West Port. If he does so, he will receive Product (1) for free to represent cargoes Aiteru dedicates for the shipping to the East Port. Once he does it, he would need no further justification to conduct Trade actions with Kunshu Maru.]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]