Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: What's This? [LE4]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:37 am 

As the night slowly approaches, Ringo hears some enthusiastic cavorting coming from a nearby inn. Or was it the island's excuse for a geisha house? He wasn't sure. Either way, this place looked terrible and he really didn't want to check it out. Though since he was already here he may as well see what there is to see. With that note he enters.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Post subject: Re: What's This? [LE4]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 am 

(( Missed this yesterday, my apologies ))

The door is minded by a large man with ropey muscles, likely forged by a life at sea. He still lets anyone pass through the main door, even those visibly intoxicated so long as they don't cause trouble. Inside is a series of internal partitions constructed with either thin wooden walls or even thinner curtains that give little more than the suggestion of privacy and all but the quietest sounds spill over the gap between the internal partitions and the higher ceiling.

A smiling, lanky man walks out from a side room lit with candles. The air around him is scented with a cloyingly sweet perfume, and his eyes sparkle even more sweetly.

"Welcome," he said, gesturing deeper inside, "What can I interest you in samurai-sama? Dice? Drink? .... A warm bed with warmer company?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:39 am 

/ No worries. I was busy the past few days anyways. /

Ringo offers the man a polite bow in return. He looks around the establishment questionably. "Good evening. A drink to start. I noticed your establishment so I just thought to check out what you had to offer."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:56 am 

"We've lots samurai-sama," he reassured greasily, "'s long as you aren't expecting something grand."

He snapped his fingers and a young looking girl, clean but maybe a little thin, bowed hastily to Ringo and then beckoned for him to follow her. She walked through the assortment of rooms before leading him to a larger area where two slightly unkempt women crowded around the table, casting dice into a bowl while passing a bottle of sake between them.

"Drink, you said?" the girl asked, "Anything in particular?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:01 pm 

"I like to say sake though perhaps I should first ask what you have here." Ringo passes a glance at the dice game that the women are playing to see if it at least looks a little familiar to home.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:00 am 

"Hai, we have sake. Others too, shochu for example. And then wine, ale, and rum," she explained. She loitered questioningly, hesitating before asking, "Still want sake, samurai-sama?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 am 

Ringo mulls about that for a moment. "I have not heard of wine, ale, or rum before. What are those like?" He asks as he looks at her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 pm 

"Wine, it's made from grapes.... And rum's made from sugar. And ale's... uhhh.... it's kinda made from plants?" she explained uncertainly.

"Wine can be tart or sour, rum is sweet, and ale's.... it's different? And a little foamy? From how it's stored, I think."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:31 am 

Ringo nods at the explanation. "May I ask for your recommendation?" He considers the options.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:18 am 

"I like rum," she said with a giggle, "It's sweet, and we have some that's flavored with coconut."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:21 am 

Ringo smiles and nods. "I will get one of those then if that is what you recommend."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:20 pm 

She nodded and scuttled away. This left Ringo alone for some time with the muffled sounds of other patrons straining gently at his ears while the two women finished whatever bastardization of Fortunes and Winds they had been playing. As if on cue, a fresh bottle of sake was brought out for them. Finally, a new woman appeared of some unknown origin - clearly not Rokugani - bearing an earthenware cup bigger than one for sake. Within was a sweet smelling clear liquid, swirling slightly as its container shifted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 am 

Ringo idly listens to conversation around him. When the new woman brings out the drink he inquires as to what game the two ladies were playing. He studies the new girl for a moment too since she is the first completely gaijin woman that he has seen so far on the island. Committing it to memory.

Then he examines the contents of the cup. He lifts up the cup and smells it at first. "So this is rum?" He asks. Then he takes a sip to see how it tastes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:25 am 

"Hai, this is rum," she said with an equally foreign accent.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 am 

"Thank you." Ringo tastes another slow sip of the drink to savour it/test it out.

"I do not recognize your accent. May I ask where you are from?" He takes some interest in the girl as it may be useful information in the future.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]