Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: It Tastes As Sweet [EN5]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 pm 

This was exactly why you didn't mate with gaijin, you ended up with pompous foreigners that didn't know their place. He'd have to find a way to purge the man before he could taint imperial blood.

He pushed those thoughts to the edge of his mind though, instead looking around the area for things out of the ordinary.

Hunting! The bloody vampire: 5d10o10k3 33

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:00 am 

He raised an eyebrow unconvinced. "Do you happen to investigate every dead whore?"

"I know why I am here but," he tapped his lips. "What are two scions of such esteemed and honorable families doing dredging around the worst side of the waterfront?"

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:03 am 

There were prints in the dirt of an unpaved path, of large feet in sandals, leading north or northeast.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 am 

"So, you do know her?"

She fished out another piece of candy to place in her mouth.

"I am Seppun Hikari, Jade Magistrate, tonight is a full moon, and your friend here has been murdered by a creature that falls within the purview of my office."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:37 am 

Kannon wrote:
There were prints in the dirt of an unpaved path, of large feet in sandals, leading north or northeast.

"I think I've found, some tracks here." Yasuhiro offered to the magistrate. "large, heavy, so likely a man." He offered in explanation.

"Perhaps we should leave Muhaki-sama to his... celebrations and follow them?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:59 am 

He sighed and covered his face with the palm of his hand. "Are you... special? I assume she is a whore because of the location."

"I have no idea who this is and quite frankly you should also not care," he admonished. "I do not know if you've noticed but our position is a bit precarious. We are seen with distrust and we have to work towards that. Chasing someone into the slums of the West Port doesn't properly help that."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:18 am 

She ignored the not so subtle attempt to insult her; or at least did not address it directly.

"I shall defer to your expert opinion on the nature of this location and those employed near it," she said. "However, aside from the fact that human life including that of gaijin is precious and thus we are obligated to care by those things that define us as samurai... we would cause far more distrust by allowing ourselves to ignore a crime such as this and allowing the people of this island to suffer under a curse when we can bring aid and justice."

She paused, looked toward the Matsu, and then back to Zabieru for a moment. "I shall not try to force you to give the aid you can clearly provide given your knowledge of this island, and despite the fact that given your position as an officer in the fleet of Hantei-no-kimi you are expected to set the proper example."

Hikari looked back to the Lion then...

A loud crunch as the piece of candy was crushed in between her teeth.

"Please lead the way, Matsu-san."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:29 am 

Yasuhiro nodded towards the Seppun before offering a bow towards the Muhaki, assuming already the man wouldn't follow.

That done he lead the way after the tracks, keeping eyes open for any tell tale signs of blood that might prove these prints belonged to the attacker.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:26 am 

He groaned at her self-righteous tirade. "Spare me of the false self-righteousness," he spat. "Do you think this is a joke? An adventure? This is NOT Rokugan."

"Neither of you two know a lick of either Merenese or Mekhem. Neither of you is familiar with their culture or customs and to make things worse you both are dressed in a way that screams about how out of place you are in this place," his tone was calm but there was a fury in his eyes. "Where do you think you are? Otosan Uchi?"

He turned towards Hikari. "You say you're a Jade Magistrate right?" he squinted his eyes. "No wonder you've been granted leave to go in this expedition despite your more than blatant lack of preparation. If I was your superior I would also be rushing to get rid of you. What kind of magistrate conducts an investigation on a random corpse in the slum? Are you really a Jade Magistrate? Or perhaps are you a novice yoriki that was placed in a dodgy neighborhood as punishment?" he motioned towards the other streets. "Search those streets and you'll also find plenty of corpses."

"And that's just the start. What kind of magistrate would start an investigation without having any knowledge of the city, people or where she was getting into. So you chase the tracks stumble into a corner house and are surrounded. Do you think they're going to cower at your rokugani? No. They'll laugh, kill the Matsu and then take turns on you until they grow tired and kill you. Or sell you to some dodgy slave peddler from the Tarkhanate. I don't know which outcome is preferable."

"And you," he turned to the Matsu. "First mate of the Ashitae Maru and already jeopardizing your place for what? A dead gaijin whore. What a Matsu. Forgetting the reason we are here in order to play detective like some over-eager Agasha."

"I will not let either of you jeopardize Hantei-no-Kimi's ambition nor will I, despite my wishes, allow either of you to walk to certain deaths."

"Remember your goddamn duty. You're Imperial Explorers."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 am 

"And you don't know thing one about me. Or bushido for that matter, Gaijin." The lion replied dryly. "You make claims you can't back, and your lack of knowledge makes me wonder if all your claims aren't just the boastful words of a braggart."

"A samurai is always courteous even to his enemies, you can't even be courteous to you fellow explorers. Your flagrant disregard for bushido has gone too far. Your questions of mine and Seppun-sama's honor has gone to far. Apologize or answer with steel, and remember I'll be asking this duel be to the death."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:20 pm 

He restrained a sigh at the Matsu's outburst and calmly assessed the situation.

"You are right," he said in a polite tone. "I am sorry for worrying with your safety and with that of the expedition by association. I am sorry if I offended both of you."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:36 pm 

[By slighting and backtracking, Zabieru commits a Major Breach of Etiquette and loses 0.3 Glory (Not Reputation); Sincerity roll is expected, considered Low Skill with Deceit if apology is insincere; it is considered Contested.]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm 

Hikari turned to face the man again, as he launched into his volley of accusations and insults. Despite their severity, her expression was much as it had been throughout the encounter; that of someone who was not particularly inclined to take anything he was saying with the seriousness he was demanding her to. While Hinami might not have led the sort of life that prepared her to shrug off base insults of so crass a nature, Hikari's last few years had been far less sheltered and filled with a considerable number of villains and yokels who either didn't know she was royalty or didn't know how to handle that fact.

The Matsu's following challenge was sudden, but not entirely unexpected.

Quite the escalation.

It robbed her of an immediate chance to respond to some of the accusations, and then came the matter of the apology. Would it be accepted? Was it genuine? She waited to see, sucking on the crunched up pieces of candy that had remained in her mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 pm 

Azuki stared at Zabieru, grinning with an unnaturally wide and sharp collection of teeth.

Come on, funny man, why don't you do something that will lead to jolly bloodshed?

[Zabieru has up to 10 hrs to post the Sincerity roll and/or add something to his apologies.]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm 

"I hear no apologies about the slights against our honor though, or for the numerous insults you have levied against us." The Matsu replied dryly.

"I will inform our commanders of all this in the morning." As well as several other things the man had done, or not done.

((Let around 13 hours pass since kannon said 10, it's now time for me to sleep. If Zabeiru wants to edit in a sincerity roll I can always change my post.))

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:14 pm 

(Sincerity:https://orokos.com/roll/565813 - 17 lol)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm 

"Do as you must Matsu-san," he smiled. "I am truly sorry for the slights on your honor."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:34 pm 

It was a little too easy, saying all of that and then trying to get away with such a simple apology. Still, Hikari didn't notice any insincerity in the apology itself, even if it seemed insufficient to cover the full flurry of insults he'd given. But she was not exactly her sister when it came to such things, and was not particularly inclined to demand something as final as a shi-duel or seppuku.

"It is not wise to so openly try to antagonize an agent of Imperial law. Less so to do it to not one, but two individuals who count among the highest lineages of the imperial kuge in a matter of days, Muhaki-san. Regardless of whether we accept that this is Rokugan or not. One promotion does not place you in a position where such behavior becomes something that will be easily overlooked. That said..."

She looked briefly toward the Matsu, before returning her gaze to Zabieru.

"...whether Matsu-san finds your apology sufficiently sincere is not for me to decide, though the fact you offered it is if nothing else an encouraging step in the right direction."

Investigation/perception: 4d10o10k2 14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 pm 

That's five Muhaki-sama, five of the tenet's of bushido you have failed in mere minutes of talking. Sincerity, Honesty, Compassion, Courtesy and Courage." The Lion replied glaring at the other man. "Do you wish to give me sufficient cause to say you've failed in the other two? Or are you done flaunting the code of Bushido, that all he Rokugani live by?"

"Your words hold no weight to them, Your apology is too simple and easily given, I do not accept it. My words remain true, I will address this matter with the Magistrate and our Lords on the morrow, and I suspect my challenge will stand."

"Find a champion, you will likely need it."

Investigation versus Zabeiru sincerity: 6d10o10k3 44

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm 

I approve of your bloodthirsty designs, funny bipeds.

Azuki looked carefully at Yasuhiro's aura.

Are you any good in cooking, granny? Can I have chopped liver of whoever falls?

Page 2 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next