Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D4 EE] Following the Trail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:34 pm 

Kenzo inclined his head to the young woman. "Please thank her for the drink, then. If you would, Miya-sama." He resumed his study of the animal trophies, his lack of language making him unaware of any omissions on Edogawa's part.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:39 pm 

"Gracias, senorita Agata, for the drinks." he said. "Do not let us keep you."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:50 pm 

A grey-haired (as opposed to Crane-dyed) man entered the hall with a smile that either seemed plastered or customary. He looked rather young otherwise, so he either lost pigment early or aged very well. He did seem to look quite Rokugani. He smelled like... musk.

"Kobanwa, mina-sama. I heard your friend has had some trouble with the hornets. I am Genta."

After a small bow, he approached them.

"One answer is camomile, in great amounts, both ingested and put on bites." He tossed a herbal bag on the table. "It may or may not be enough."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 pm 

Kenzo turned, quickly bowing as the newcomer made his introduction.

Taking a deep breath, he picked up the bag of herbs, bowing again. "Thank you, Genta-sama. Thank you very much indeed. Ah, this one is Mirumoto Kenzo. This is Miya Edogawa, who has been of great help."

His lips parted, then closed. The mystery of their shared language, and of the man's Rokugani looks was certainly worth investigating. But first... "May or may not does worry me a little. Is there anything else that can be done? I should hate for Sanjuro-sama's life to be lost because I stopped looking too early."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:01 pm 

Edogawa bowed as he was introduced. Otherwise, he left the questions to Kenzo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:10 pm 

"Apple vinegar." Genta added. "Someone should have it, especially on the other side of the island, because estates there have apple orchards. But easy solutions end here. The other clue I can offer is to try at the Hoof, with Unicorn apothecaries. Their skills in medicine is usually way better than whatever I can offer."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 pm 

"The other side, you said?" he looked at the herbal bag. "Will the chamomile help him until we can pursue these other methods? As newcomers, the access of our ships to either port is a bit limited at the moment."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:21 pm 

Kenzo bowed again. "Genta-sama, thank you. If Sanjuro-sama lives, I will make sure to tell him how forthcoming you were with the aid he needed."

He hesitated a moment. Time was fairly dear, but at least a few minutes of chat seemed that it would make no difference, and be polite.

"May I ask, Genta-sama..." Kenzo cleared his throat. "Do you come from Rokugan, like us?"

He glanced at Edo. "Perhaps we can have a smaller ship sent over to the other side. I bet someone can be back with apple vinegar by morning, if none can be found here."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:25 pm 

"I don't know, mina-sama. Make your calls. I can give you a guide to show you a passage to the other side of the island overland." His chin moved toward Agata. "But it would have to be in the morning. It's too great a risk at night."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 pm 

He looked at Kenzo. "You need to get the camomile to Agasha-sama. I could go in the morning."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 pm 

Kenzo didn't need to consider. It was the best course of action. He nodded. "Yes. Perhaps we can check the markets on this side quickly, on the way back to the boats. But the priority is getting the medicine to Sanjuro-sama." He gave Edo a grateful look. "Thank you again. Both of you."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 pm 

He nodded. Returning his attention to Genta, he asked, "What can we offer in return for your kindness?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:27 pm 

"Kindness with a price tag is no kindness, Miya-sama." Genta replied, not stopping to grin. "But if you stay here until morning, we'll have some drinking and stories."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm 

"I'd like that." he smiled. "I have a man down the hill, and a dog. Would there be room for them?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 pm 

"Dogs have their place here. But the man, is he a decent one?" He glanced at Agata who was bent over the pot, sampling the stew.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 pm 

"He is not one to act rashly." the Miya shrugged. "But, he is resourceful. I am certain he could find somewhere else to spend the night. Honestly, he might prefer to wander on his own for a bit."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 pm 

"Bring just the dog then." Genta nodded, then looked toward the exit. "I have some fibreboard business to attend to before anytthing. You know your way around? Best of luck to your friend." He was about to leave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 pm 

Kenzo sighed. "Right. I'd love to stay; I suspect that we actually have a great deal to talk about. But I really must get this treatment back to Sanjuro-sama." He bowed. "Perhaps another time, Genta-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 pm 

"Sure. In general, I am not going anywhere. Abayo!"

And he was gone.

/exit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:46 pm 

"I'll walk with you down the hill." the Miya offered to the Mirumoto. "Then, I can meet with Lopez and get Nari."

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next