Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Learning from the Past (EM, D13)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:53 am 

Since docking the Retribution, Edogawa had spent much of his time studying the Thranish design of the ancient ship. This morning was no different. With Nari and Lopez at his side, the Miya made his way across the Quay to visit the ship once more.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: Learning from the Past (EM, D13)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:42 am 

Yajinden was on the deck, securing the cargo of the vessel for sea travel. While people of his beauty type didn't show age easily, he seemed older than a few days ago. The recent events must have put a mark on him.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:09 am 

"Asahina-sama. Good morning." Edogawa bowed deeply. "All is well, I hope?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:15 am 

"If well means successful, then yes, Miya-san. You day is blessed by Fortunes, I hope? Have you eaten already?"

Yajinden stopped to bow with cursory politeness before looking again into his roster.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:36 am 

"Not yet." he shook his head. "I wanted to look over the ship again. I had a few new design ideas last night. I wanted to review the Thranish build while they were still somewhat fresh in my mind."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:29 pm 

"Of course. That is indeed quite instructive. I've been doing it myself." Yajinden agreed with a small nod.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:38 pm 

"Will these be returning to Rokugan or continuing with us to Merenae?" he asked. "I wasn't sure how they were being incorporated into the fleet."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm 

"By the Admiral's decision, they will become part of the Imperial Navy. Their possession will let us train crews better, and build similar vessels. Their firepower will turn the Imperial Navy into a robust force."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:04 pm 

He nodded in agreement with the decision. "I should study them while I can, then. The part of me that is Teodoro doesn't appreciate the design the way I do, but there's much to learn here. Are there any specific modifications or repairs Hantei-no-kimi would like me to focus on?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:10 pm 

"We should study our enemies and benefit from the disparity of knowledge between us and them. It is through knowledge and planning that Hantei-no-kimi has delivered this victory. This is the principle more worth following that the aesthetics of alien design." Yajinden mused. "We need to learn more on how to accomplish greater capacity, manoeuvrability, speed, seamless and omnidirectional firepower. Whatever theses vessels can teach us, we should learn."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:37 pm 

"Hopefully my stronger tie to Teodoro Cornejo's life will help with that." he said. After a pause, he asked, "Has there been any communication from the mainland?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 pm 

"There actually has been." Yajinden paused, considering as he looked at the ship. "This acquisition couldn't be more timely. Hantei Reikado-heika has died, Otomo Oborozukiyo has assumed regency based on the Divine Emperor's last decree, against Hohiro-no-kimi's wishes. The Empire has been attacked on two fronts. The Crab are waging their war in the south while the north is coping with a powerful Yobanjin invasion. Those who sail back won't have an easy homecoming."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:24 pm 

"I do not envy them." he sighed. "And, I will worry over them."

"I thought Hantei Reikado-heika had passed." he added after a moment. "In the mists, I spoke with his spirit. I couldn't be certain it was him and it seemed best not to tell anyone, but I had little doubt."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:41 pm 

Yajinden was silent for a moment.

"The Prince would most likely like to know what the spirit said to you."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:43 pm 

"I wasn't certain." he confessed. "We haven't spoken about my... connection to him. But, I will speak with him today."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 pm 

Yajinden nodded slowly.

"It's up to his wisdom to carry on his Divine Father's heritage the way she deems most fit." He smiled gently. "Us, we have a coup to make."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:46 am 

"Hai." he nodded. "How many of our own ships will we take East? I assume I will maintain command of the Yamato Maru?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:31 pm 

"Your sister will take Ashitae Maru straight to Aqahba, while you are allowed to take Yamato Maru to Merenae. I have yet to speak with my cousin Tori about where she thinks her creative faculties be best applied as the Stingray is deprived of strategic salience as a vessel of the Navy at the moment. Gusai-san has been issued a leave to take the Walrus on endeavours outside the direct supervision of the Imperial Navy. The command over the flagship shall be entrusted to Kitsu-san who has proven his mettle; the Admiral has lost his patience with Muhaki-san and he shall be dismissed from the Explorers. Matsu-san will temporarily command Kunshu Maru on our way back to Rokugan. The Admiral will personally lead the Royal Bounty, while Seppun Kaiya-san will command the Retribution. Who will receive the honour of renaming them will be decided at a later date."

Yajinden recounted.

"After assessing condition of the fleet and the crews a fair assessment is that we need at least a few days to fully prepare for departure. I have taken care of restocking, but the battle has taken a heavy toll on the crews. The remaining Teppodoka will be split between the two squadrons."

He looked at Edogawa.

"I will be joining you on Yamato Maru. Shiba-san will join your sister. The Admiral has decided that the custodians of Unicorn treasures retrieved two days ago should be better protected."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:43 pm 

He nodded. "Shosuro Anzai-san and Iuchi Ruqqayah-san both proved to be valuable assets of my crew during the battle. If they wish to remain with the Yamato Maru, I would be pleased to have them. Agasha Sanjuro-san is quite capable as my First Mate, but I understand if he should be needed elsewhere."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:08 pm 

"My understanding is that he continues with you, while Iuchi-san will be joining your sister's crew as Ashitae will carry her straight back to her daimyo father."

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next