Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Mamma Miya: The Tethering [Event, LM-EE1]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 am 

LATE MORNING

Haruka made a point to see Odorihime as early as possible, both to keep her own schedule open and to ensure that the Miya would still have her in mind from their meeting the previous day - Haruka was optimistic that the meeting had gone well and saw no possible way that could have worked against her.

Having faced down Odorihime at her tasteful yet existentially frightening office, Haruka had no problem overcoming the momentary pang of fear. After all, only animals felt fear. In the end, Haruka's awareness of the threat of fleeing from the Imperial nakodo was stronger than her instincts and so she stuck around. She was even able to pass witty banter with the Imperial and her calm served her well when the tea started to flow like spice.

That will held strong when Odorihime started poking at the edges of Haruka's resolve. The Miya knew that Haruka couldn't resist a good argument or to correct inaccuracies. It was a trait that served her well as a magistrate but, in less gracious terms, made her something of a persnickety, argumentative ass.

Haruka did not give in and, instead, spoke well of her well known talent at the law and how it brought honor to her family's name and her duty to said family, in keeping with their position in the celestial order.

In the end, Haruka was not without ambition and lobbied the matchmaker for a spouse of Imperial blood, that she might secure her own future and that of her branch of the Doji family.

ACT 1
Fear: Pass - +2 VIP
Witty Entrée: Pass - +2 VIP
Teacups: Pass - +2 VIP

ACT 2
No One Is Innocent: Pass - +3 VIP
Redeeming Qualities: Pass - +15 VIP

Running VP Total: 24 VIP

ACT 3A

I want my children to have Imperial blood.

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:57 pm 

It was along pause amoung the woman. Yesterday, he had successfully managed to talk her head off about sumo and other things. This time he had learnt his lesson, pouring her the tea with the expertise of a man who owns his own tea shop. His nerves were sharp as steel, looking upon the Imperial with equal calm as she gazed upon him with her judgmental eyes. Passing thru the niceties with little fanfare of this situation, though in his heart, he did not want to be there.

It wasn't much else to do, really but start with the problems.

"Before...before I commit to this, I must discuss with you a small matter. There is someone whom must be dealt with before I am able to commit myself to this ordeal. His name is Yasuki Izanagi, a former 'friend' of mine." He takes a deep breath as he continues, choosing his words very carefully as he discussed his ordeal. "We were both taught amoung the Crab during my time away and became fast friends. However...there became a rift between us after our time had ended. His betrothed became smitten with me, and while I rejected her advances as one of honor should, her attitude towards me would not falter. Eventually, his jealousy towards me caused him to harass me, to the point of traveling to the Ichiro lands personally and challenge me for her honor. I did so and he nearly died due to his unchecked rage when we faced each other."

He pauses, taking a deep breath and sipped his tea to calm himself. "While that settled the matter, he continues to act and keep his personal vendetta on me and my interests, especially to be married. I fear that he will interfere with this pending marriage you wish to setup, if not now, then when I return. While I seek nothing more than to do my Duty, I cannot succeed until his influence is snuffed out of my life." He bowed to her deeply, giving her a pause within his words. There was much he was hiding from her, of course, and much on the Yasuki he would never say to anyone. It was not her business to know those details. "I ask for your help in this matter, so that I may be married in peace at last."

As he rose, he composed himself after giving the somewhat emotional, if not forthright explanation. After that, he continued onwards, explaining his prowess as a sumo, even if he had somewhat retired. There was still a chance for him to return to the ring at some point, after all.

Finally, he gave pause to her, refusing to be married until the problem with the Yasuki had ended, while also bringing up his skillsets and abilities within the Clan to continue to help rise the Clan past their current fate. It had fallen upon deaf ears, however, so the Ichiro simply allowed to rely on the mercy of the matchmaker to send him where he could the most good with his goals. All he could hope for is his status amoung the Badger would allow him to remain in their lands.

---
Act #1: Niceties

Fear is the Mind Killer (15) +2 VIP
TeaCups (26) +2 VIP

Act #2: Flaws & Fortes
No one is Innocent (21) +3 VIP
Redeeming Qualities (34) +5 VIP

12 VIP Total

Act #3B: Excuses
My duty and fate are greater than that! (27) Fail

Act #3A: If Wishes Were Fishes...
I trust your judgement. +20 VIP -2 xp cost for Paragon of Duty

22 VIP Total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:52 pm 

At the last minute possible, the ronin Ran was seen by the matchmaker. Her name given by Akodo Meikuko after the early morning encounter.

Ran held herself tall, but not proud. She was humble, but confident.

She attempted to break the ice with the matchmaker by speaking of her love of bonsai... it worked, and things seemed less tense, at least to Ran. Doubly so when she acted with grace and confidence during the tea.

Then she was scrutinized, and though held up to the fact that she let her insatiable curiosity for knowledge and science lead her across the Empire, it led her here after all to Dragon's Guard City, it drove her to abandon her family and her clan in search of answers... well, here we were.

However, when circled back to speak more on the nature of bonsai, it was lost to Ran. She spoke in unintelligible circles, saying things like "drainage is key" and "trees like sun" ... things any child would know about gardening. Disgraceful.

Ran expressed to Odorhime-sama that she would trust in the matchmaker's judgement, that she was just a humble ronin, never expecting to be anything she wasn't, and it was with humility she would accept her fate.

Act 1:
D1 EE Fear 1, TN 10: 2d10k2+6 20 = 2 VIP
Witty Entrée D1 EE Awa/Etiquette, +3 Artisan:Bonsai, TN 25: 6d10o10k3+3 41 = 2 VIP
Flying Teacups D1 EE Reflexes/Etiquette (Courtesy) 1 CR TN 20: 6d10r1o10k3 53 = 4 VIP
= 8 VIP

Act 2:
D1 EE Awa/Sincerity 1 FR (Ally), +2k0 Paragon, 1 CR TN 20: 9d10k4 39 = 6 VIP
D1 EE Awa/Artisan:Bonsai 1 CR TN 15: 6d10o9k3 16 = -2 VIP
= 4 VIP
= 12 VIP

Act 3A:
I trust in your judgement.
= 20 VIP, Paragon of Duty -2xp
= 32 VIP gained

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 am 

Wataru joined Miya Orodihime for the meeting he had not been able to have the previous day. The samurai felt the pride of success supporting him. She would had not met him had he not become Commander the day before. Now he was no ronin anymore, and was a special person in the marines of the Empire, the first to earn this position ever.

The meeting with Miya-sama went smoothly. The samurai was able to show his proper upbringing, handling himself with ease through the subtle tests of Orodihime-sama. He spoke of the Sea of Amaterasu with respect, the currents and different tides that reached the coast of Rokugan as he managed his teacup with ease.

Orodihime-sama brought up, then, the topic of the gaijin cultures that we were to find abroad, the new places and new cultures, and how this could be a cultural shock to them, eyeing him with care as his reply was casual, giving them little importance. The main thing was the evolution of Rokugan, stepping up to the new world.

He diverted the conversation to sailing something he was very good at, superb, so much that he got lost in the conversation and turned it into a monologue that the Miya got bored from.

ACT 1.
-Fear, TN 10: 15 - Pass, 2 VIP
-Witty, Lore: Nature (water). TN 30: 32 - Pass, 2 VIP
-Teacups, TN 20: 38 - Pass, 2 VIP

ACT 2.
-No Innocence. FR from Talk Points, TN 20 - 5 = 15: 25 - Pass, 3 VIP
-Qualities, Sailing. TN 50 - Adv 5x5 = 25, rerolling 9: 40 - Pass, 3 VIP, over 10 - 5 VIP, total -2

CONCLUSION.
I trust your Judgement, gain 20 VIP

TOTAL 10 + Conclusion = Bonus 30 VIP

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm 

The event is now closed!

Betrothals:
Miya Suihime --> Gusai Ryoshida (NPC)
Kakita Kaiya --> Gusai Susumu
Ran ?--? Gusai Wataru
Yogo Akarei --> Suzume Rokuro
Kakita Otsuka --> Shosuro Anzai
Muhaki Zabieru <-- Miya Eri
Kitsu Keiji ?--? Shiba Murasaki (NPC)

Officially Ongoing:
Doji Haruka (Plan B for Jama)
Matsu Yasuhiro (Test Phase for Meikuko)
Doji Koharu (Player Drop)
Mirumoto Kenzo (Dodged for Now)
Asahina Tori (Dodged for Now)
Seppun Hikari (Prevented by Secret Love)
Ichiro Kajima (Prevented by Secret Love)
Seppun Hinami (Obligated)
Hida Ringo (Random NPC if nothing better arises)
Shiba Isamu (Random NPC if nothing better arises)
Moshi Takuma (Random NPC if nothing better arises)
Heichi Isao (Random NPC if nothing better arises)

Off-the-Radar
Muhaki Berena (Ineligible)
Miya Edogawa (Ineligible)
Kitsu Yuki (Married, Nominated Imperial Nakodo)
Agasha Utsusemi (Married, Nominated Imperial Chaperone)

[Mamma Miya is tired.]

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2