Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: The Painted Square (D9, EE)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:27 am 

"Not unlikely," she offered gently. "I've heard it said that those blessed with twins in their bloodline are likely to carry it on in future generations, but I do not know if it is true."

Her lips pursed slightly in thought, her smile fading a little. It was after all the more serious part of the talk.

"It is a battle... in a way. Just like how warriors who go to battle will hurt, bleed, and maybe die, that is the risk we as women take upon us when we bear forth a child." Utsusemi gave Rukaya a more contemplative look. "Usually, this is something mothers teach their daughters... any particular reason for your curiosity, Iuchi-san?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:56 am 

"My mother only spoke of it in vague terms. I have studied medicine, so I have an idea of what's involved, but... It seemed better to ask someone who'd experienced it. If I asked my mother now, I'm worried the loss of one of her children might still be too fresh... And she's a long way away," she said, looking down. "I apologize if I've caused you discomfort, Agasha-san. It's just... it's not uncommon to want to have children sooner rather than later."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 am 

"It's no discomfort, Iuchi-san. Being a mother and learned in medicine myself, I do not mind sharing my own personal insight, in case it can bring wisdom to those who need it."

Her voice did seem concerned, as did her expression. She couldn't say out loud what she thought was going on, as she did not wish to cause insult to her Unicorn friend, but she did have to say something.

"... I am not familiar with the traditions and expectations of young women among the Unicorn, but..." Utsusemi's voice lowered, "please don't do something reckless, Iuchi-san. A child is a great responsibility, and not without its risks physically."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 am 

Was it reckless? Well, perhaps. She wasn't afraid of responsibility. The Heavens knew she'd have enough of it soon.

She looked toward Utsusemi. "What... do you think I'm going to do?" She was genuinely confused.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 am 

Perhaps it was a cultural misunderstanding... though Utsusemi had to admit she could perhaps chosen her words better.

"Ah..." she gave a slightly embarrassed smile, looking down for a moment as she kept her tone still lowered and private. "Forgive me... I am perhaps a little concerned for you. Your questions made me think it might be a more... hm, imminent future for you, and well... I do not wish to cause offense, Iuchi-san."

Utsusemi bowed her head deeply, clearly not wishing to upset the younger woman.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:27 am 

"Ah... I don't think it's a bad thing to be concerned for me. I appreciate it," she dipped her head.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:49 am 

Her smile was a little uncertain, and she glanced to the side for a moment. "Well... it's just that, having a child... it is tough. So I hope that you at least have one who will stand by your side and offer his strength in such trials."

She was having a hard time just asking something as simple 'are you married' or similar, but her earlier impressions had been that the young Iuchi was not wed.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 am 

She smiled toward her. "I do. It's all right."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 pm 

Well, it put to rest some of her worries.

"...That's good," she nodded thoughtfully, trying to get her mind back on track. Utsusemi managed to continue in a somewhat casual tone as she returned to the former topic. "Hm, it's mostly the earlier weeks of pregnancy that have the worst of the nausea I mentioned, at least it was for me. I found that ginger was of great help, as well avoiding food with strong smells... at least in the morning."

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2