Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:02 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: The Pillow Fortress of Solitude [LN9]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm 

Jama opened the door of the library-like room first. In some ways, it felt like a return home. The decor, the cushions on the floor, and the extensive book collection reminded her of her own room back in the Jewel. It wasn't until the door closed behind them both that she let out a breath, willing her shoulders to relax. She, like Bellena, hadn't expected politics or her pursuer to unexpectedly walk into her evening. Even her head was starting to hurt a little from having her hair tied up in a strange way for that time, and the first thing she did was to reach up and starts undoing it. She wasn't sure what to say just yet... If she hadn't checked to see what was going on, maybe he would have been able to simply convince them to go elsewhere.

Well, no room for regret now. It had had... interesting effects. Something else was nagging at her mind, as well, some reminder... hopefully she'd remember what it was soon.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

Post subject: Re: The Pillow Fortress of Solitude [LN9]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:35 pm 

He was in no rush to tell anything, letting her thoughts take their course. Instead, he wordlessly started to help her unbundle her hair. He often did that, expressed his presence without words, saving them for times when they meant something significant. In his mind, not all about life deserved commentary. He was probably curious of her more private thoughts as he had intently listened to them before on other occasions, but was biding the time.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 pm 

She spend a few more seconds taking it out, smiling as she felt his hands in her hair, undoing the impromptu bun, moving them to make it a bit easier for them to work together. Finally, her hair decided to release, falling to her shoulders and then loose down to her hips, a little wavier than usual from the braiding. "I had meant to speak to him at some point, but that was certainly not the method I'd intended."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 pm 

He took some of them aside to kiss the side of her head with less between his lips and her skin.

"No matter how meticulously we plan, there always is something unpredictable bound to happen. The best that can be done is to take the initiative in shaping the unknown to make it known, to you. I was glad that you found your own voice in the mill."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 pm 

She closed her eyes and smiled at the kiss before turning to face him. "I feel like I learned something about you tonight... In what you said, but also in how you responded to that unexpected situation," she noted with a soft smile, leaning up to meet his lips with hers. When she pulled back she added, "My family will rely on having my own voice and making it known eventually. If I let myself get walked all over here, I wouldn't fare well dealing with the other leaders eventually."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:50 am 

"You will grow stronger than you are now. This is the path we've taken together. Neither of us can falter, and neither will." He brought his hands around her waist. "I wanted to keep the two worlds I choose to inhabit separated for longer but it is no longer feasible, especially after the incident tonight. Still, your greater awareness about me and my agendas changes little in who I am for you when there is only us for each other."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:22 am 

She nodded with certainty, her hands coming up to rest of his upper arms gently. Her head tilted. "I won't behave any different than I have until you say so." She shrugs. "Unless they decide to call it out for some reason - and I don't expect that - nothing has to change at this point. As you say, it changes little about who we are for one another here and now."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:06 am 

"We're like-minded." He said with satisfaction before a long kiss. "What would you like to do now? Talk that through, have me read for you, or have me take you?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am 

She chuckled softly after returning the kiss. "We do not have nearly enough time together. I want to say all three, but the night is only so long. For now... I think the last, and see where we are after... aside from the obvious. We have a goal to accomplish with that, after all."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 am 

He took her off the ground and knelt amid pillows, which were a nice change of pace after the mill, laying her down. "I enjoy how you don't lose important things from sight."

/Fifty Fades of Purple

...He pulled his kimono over her as they were lying close, watching the colourful glass beads of the veils above them refracting dim light. He was playing with the wavy lengths of her hair while keeping her warmth close.

"I am thinking of sending Suru with you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm 

She lay up close against him, feeling warm and content. The statement surprised her, though. "It's rare he isn't near you somewhere. It wouldn't be troublesome for keeping-... this and your other life separate?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47 pm 

"I meant the voyage back to the Tarkhanate. There is no-one more trusted in my service, or a better guarantor of personal safety, than him. I want to ensure your safety by any means necessary." He stroked her arm gently.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 am 

She watches him, still a little surprised, but nodded. He was always sure in his decisions. There was no room for doubt now. A soft smile crossed her face. "I don't mind if you decide to send him."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 pm 

For a silent moment he traced the frame of her face with his fingertips, rehearsing it, perhaps compelled by the thought of parting.

"...You probably have questions."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm 

"... I do, but you wanted to keep your lives separate still," she replied. Of course she had questions, but...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:50 pm 

"Mostly to shield you from those who'd have liked to interfere. But the separation has been broken, and I choose not to entrust your fate to people who can join my side only if they see their personal interest in it. I have to prepare you as best as I can so you cannot be taken advantage of because of lack of knowledge. The moment they will learn about the child, they will know whose it will be."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:18 pm 

She nodded thoughtfully and leaned her forehead against his. "Then I need to figure out where to start. I'm sure you've figured me out at this point - if something is out there to know, I want to learn it... Even if said learning has been rather focused on one subject for the past while."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 am 

"I rather adore your curious mind." He smiled faintly. "Indulging it is a pleasure in its own right."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:00 am 

She smiled warmly. "I'll start with the personal and work outward, then. What are your plans for us going forward? As a pair or a, ah..." Her hand brushed over her stomach. "... A family. You're not one to leave anything to chance."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:06 am 

"Much depends how things unfold in the Empire. If I secure the Throne, you will join me as my Empress when the Unicorn return. If I don't, I will enter exile and return to you, and we will assess what can still be accomplished. Until such time I want you and our child to be safe from the mounting troubles."

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next