Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Colors of a thousand words (LM day 13)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 pm 

The previous days had been ectic and nights equally restless for the Mantis captain...but that was not a reason to skip on a business meeting.

Especially one he could enjoy. He was no great art connaisseur but he still could enjoy a good painting and if that could open him a few doors in Merenae then all the better!

Walking at a steady pace in the square he finally reached the Almeria's offices

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: Colors of a thousand words (LM day 13)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:31 pm 

Unlike the Mantis, the Agasha was a connoisseur of the traditional Rokugani arts. And as she was the artist behind the painting, it was only suitable she arrived too.

Dressed in an attire in muted colours of peach and pastel green, with a decorative obi in powder blue, Utsusemi looked prim and proper as she arrived with Susumu, the painting carefully wrapped for protection in her arms.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 am 

Susumu announced their arrival and then turned to the Agasha.

''I hope you had a pleasant last few days Agasha-sama''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:41 am 

Pleasant wasn't exactly the word she'd use, considering how the prince had led almost all of the Explorers on some foolhardy plot of vengeance, and while she hadn't lost anyone important to her, there were still many sailors who would not return home.

"As pleasant as circumstances allowed, Gusai-san," she nodded slightly. "Tending to the wounded and working with the temple has taken most of my time."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 am 

He took a breath...He was unknowinlgly agreeing to what she did not say.

''Noble work, Agasha-sama. I want to personnaly thank you for your efforts.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:18 am 

"Thank you, but... forgive me for thinking that it shouldn't have come to this." Maybe there had been more warriors, more capable shugenja, and medics too, if they had known prior to leaving Rokugan that it had been on a quest of revenge, rather than one of exploring. "I know war is a samurai's life, but this was not one I agreed with."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:34 am 

Hard to disagree there

''We must always suspect trouble...but...'' he frowned ''I only wished we could have prepared better''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:14 am 

As luck would have it, those were the hours when Juan was at the bank. Upon hearing of their arrival, he called them to his presence.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 am 

"On that we are agreed, Gusai-san," Utsusemi nodded. What a strange trip this had been... agreeing with a Mantis of all things. Oh well, she would still have to place it under becoming a true friend to a gaijin-born Tortoise.

As their presence was called upon, she let Susumu take lead, if he so chose, seeing as this was mostly his forte.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:27 am 

''Ladies first'' he said with a smile, she was the artist after all. He could negociate prices but she was the cornerstone of the endeavor.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:40 am 

Utsusemi smirked slightly and stepped in first, greeting Juan with a polite curtsy that still seemed to have a Rokugani-aesthetic to its grace... probably because the way kimono seemed to restrict movement to be slow and elegant.

"Thank you for allowing us a moment of your time, Don Almeria," she spoke with her charming accent.

(spotty presence the next days, so Susumu is free to speak :) )

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:59 am 

Juan received them in a convenient office filled with expensive mahogany furniture. He bowed back to the greetings in Merenaese fashion and reached toward a decanter, a fixture in any self-respecting Merenaese place. Wine was good for all times.

"Buenos dias, Senorita, Senor. Please, feel comfortable."

He gestured toward two deep armchairs for guests as he was pouring wine.

"I assume you're here in connection with our conversation during the ball, Senor."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:48 pm 

Susumu bowed as he entered, certainly bowing was respectful in Merenese culture as well? He seemed more cheerful then a minute prior

''Buenos dias Don Almeria and you are correct. Might I ask if you already met Lady Agasha Utsusemi?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm 

"I recall her from the ball and before that I think she had been a visitor at my estates at Donna Bellena's invitations."

Juan regarded the woman, contemplating her poise for a moment. White hair reminded him of some Rokugani artwork he possessed depicting prematurely greying women, just in blue garments. She looked moderately young, so she must have gone through some significant trauma. Rokugani men must be jerks if they drive women toward such serious worries. Hopefully Hinami would meet a better fate along a decent man...

He sighed.

"A pleasure to acquaint you, Senorita. Let's celebrate the meeting." He passed the glasses to them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:28 pm 

Utsusemi nodded in confirmation, "it is true I have been a visitor many times to my friend, yes." Not that the thought about trauma wasn't too far off, even if it was hardly the cause of her white hair. That cause came in a bottle.

She noted his contemplative look, followed by the sigh. Ah, so this is the man whom young Hinami seems so taken with. For a gaijin, he doesn't look too bad. Though I wonder the reason behind his contemplation.

"Thank you," she graciously accepted the glass, having grown more accustomed to this particular custom. Thankfully this one didn't go in for the kissing she had been warned about. "... Is something on your mind, if you don't mind me asking, Don Almeria? You seem very... thoughtful," she paused only slightly in her speech as she sought the right word.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:23 pm 

Susumu gracefully took the offered glass but preferd to let Utsu speak for now.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:23 am 

"It's how I usually am, Senorita." He chuckled, not lying but not telling the whole truth either. He had no habit of sharing his deeper thoughts with people he barely knew. "Penchant for thoughtfulness is not a bad quality for people of my position. Are you Senor Gusai's business associate?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 am 

Her smile seemed to come easily at his words, and she pressed no further. "Certainly," she agreed.

"In a way, yes," business associate wasn't really how she looked at it, but it seemed the most accurate description when she thought of it. She gave a respectful nod to Susumu. "He is more skilled in such matters than I, but we are both in agreement to see more cultural exchange between our Empire and the world. The arts, I have more skill in than señor Gusai."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:16 am 

"Arts, yes." He recalled that was the excuse he used to talk with Susumu in private. Now there was no way around it, but perhaps for the better. "I would have assumed anyway that between you two you are the artful one, Senorita. Tell me, are you familiar with the grullarte style of painting?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:03 pm 

It took her a moment to place the slightly unfamiliar word. "You mean... art of the Crane Clan?" She nodded slightly. "Of course. I was of that clan before my marriage, trained by its artisans, so I would be bold to say I am very familiar with its style."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 3 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next