Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: All about the bling bling [Day 5, EA]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:33 pm 

Despite all his fame, gold and silver were not things that preoccupied the privateer too much. Sure, he enjoyed them as much as anyone, but he saw them as means towards an end rather than as something to aspire. People whose only goal in life was to accumulate as much wealth as possible were baser creatures lacking the true understanding that differentiated vermin from true men. Unfortunately, he needed one of those vermin now. He was in need of liquidity and the only way to accomplish was to approach one of the various rats that made plaza de contrataciones their home.

He made his way to one of the more celebrated loan houses. Upon finding a clerk he approached him "I want to see your boss," he smiled. "Now."

The Rokugani might still have problems in properly conveying their status but for a scion of House Arrigos - as most Merenese knew him - that was no problem.

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

Post subject: Re: All about the bling bling [Day 5, EA]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 pm 

His thunderous entry into Casa de las Cuentas certainly did not earn Zabieru the sympathy of staff, but they did alert the boss, who soon came out.

"We like people with manners here, Senor." Jose de Almeria looked at Zabieru suspiciously, keeping his business smile on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:32 pm 

The Tortoise laughed at the man's suggestion. "We both know that would have added unnecessary hours to this friendly exchange," he replied softly. "And you will find I'm a much friendlier and polite person than my brother. Though I guess he is not your problem anymore. The city has truly become emptier without a member of the Arrigos."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 pm 

"I used to be a man to suffer fools, but with the passage of time I lost that quality, Senor. Your savage ways don't impress anyone here. Tone down your grandstanding and threats, leave or be evicted, pincushioned if necessary." Jose stepped out of the counter, smiling under his moustache.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:46 pm 

"My heart weeps with such harsh words Don Javier," he laughed enjoyed the exchange. "I shall do as you wish to make sure our friendship can blossom in such troubled times."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:09 pm 

"Then your heart is already prepared to talk business. It's not a game for soft men, is it?" Jose arched his brow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:27 pm 

"My heart is always ready to conduct business Don Jose," he smiled. "I shall cut to the chase. I am in need of liquidity. 1000 pieces of silver to be more precise."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm 

"That is a sizeable amount, Senor." Jose raised brows. "Is it for a property of land, of ship or a cargo? I don't think we can lend this much if it is for risque ventures."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 pm 

"Not for anything risky, do not worry," he smiled. "I am intent on recovering my old family abode. Normally I wouldn't need to borrow such an amount but alas I am otherwise occupied with my new position."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm 

"I see. You realise that it needs to by hypothecated in case your liquidity problems turn more permanent. And we'll need a collateral on the loan note to cover the expenses of any procedures before a Crown court with regard to the authenticity and legality of transaction. The Crown disallows lending to those who have criminal charges against them." Jose nodded sagely. "Not saying that you do, Senor."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 am 

"I agree, the estate being collateral is only common practice but the proceedings before the Crown?" he couldn't help but laugh at the thought. "We both know that the crown has almost no grasp on Aberri and even less on my family or me. So it would simply be a moot point."

"I will also not give you my word since I'm sure you're a follower of the Almeria saying 'the value of an Abertzale's word is as good as wind'," he smirked. "Instead, I offer you something more tangible as collateral," he produced a small scroll. "This represents my letter of authorization. This should be sufficient to prove that I am worthy enough to pay the loan in time."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:55 pm 

"That might be acceptable. And who has issued your letter, Senor? I understand your intention to make this person a warrantor but I need to see if it qualifies as a bill of payment and how executable in can be." Jose looked into the scroll.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:51 pm 

"It is issued by the Tortoise as a guarantee. It grants me authority to use, temporarily, their funds to acquire items that will benefit and improve my performance of duty," he smiled. "Curiously enough this is one of those cases."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:24 pm 

"It looks good, Don Xavier. It should be executable with Donna Llubari." Jose smiled. "Very well, it looks like you have your loan. Do you want it in cash or do you want us to transact with the owner directly, and secure the deed for you?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 pm 

"Pay the amount to the owner directly, I'd much prefer to deal with one person rather than two," he smiled. "Let us divide the deed in two. Half for me now and half after the repayment of the loan."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:39 pm 

"This is more than fair, Don Xavier. I see you can be a very reasonable man." Jose relaxed, and his smile turned more genuine.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]