Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: Circles [EN7, Closed]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am 

He pulled away as well, releasing his hold of her, but taking her hand with him off her sternum. Thirst for more smoldered in his dark embers for a moment but he willed the desire down, casting them back into the inscrutable ocean underneath. A brief bite on his lip was the only sign that his body remembered what had just occurred. He glanced toward the bookshelf. "It's a long night. Will you read for me?"

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 am 

She broke into a warm smile at the request. "Happily," she replied, looking through the bookshelf. Her eyes light up as she spots a title she recognizes. " Ah... Fortune smiles again. I know this story... Though I haven't read it before. My mother once told us the oral version." She takes up the book and looks toward the cushions. "Shall we?"

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:34 am 

"Yes." He nodded, and pulled her gently toward the cushions among the veils where they could find comfort and immerse in the story for the rest of the night, him beholden to her reading voice, until there would be a time to part ways before dawn.

/scene

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4