Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Circles [EN7, Closed]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 pm 

"There is truth hidden in everything, even poetry."

He looked at her briefly, then into the tome. Finding a piece that drew his attention, he contemplated it for a moment, then read it.

"I desire a little ruby wine and a book of verses,
Just enough to keep me alive, and half a loaf is needful;
And then, that I and thou should sit in a desolate place
Is better than the kingdom of a sultan."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 pm 

She met his eyes when he looked down toward her, turning slightly toward him as she listened, watching his face thoughtfully. When he finished, she finally said, "That's beautiful."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 pm 

His dark eyes met hers and held them for a moment. There was something in the depth of his vision that could resonate with her longings. Symmetry, antithesis or complementarity, it was hard to tell.

"This beauty belongs more with who you are. Still, I did not choose it by accident. It was my father's favourite. There is a part of me it appeals to. Especially now."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 pm 

His father must have loved someone very much...

She searched that gaze, some part of her trying to determine the nature of what resonated with her there, another simply locked with those dark eyes. She wondered how much was that strange bond she'd felt this evening. "There is a certain resonance with this moment..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:51 pm 

He agreed with her by a single blink of both eyes, restoring the connection of their gazes right after with greater intensity as he closed the book.

"There is no other place I would rather be now, Ruqqayah."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:08 am 

She flushed slightly, this time the lighting not allowing it to be hidden. "I... feel so, as well." She lifts her hand and rests it in the center of her chest unconsciously. "It feels strange to say so, having only just met, really..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:04 am 

"For once, it doesn't feel strange to me." He put the tome aside. "Because you don't feel strange to me."

He raised his hand and his fingers gently touched the back of her hand over her heart, with no clear intention of doing anything else beyond connecting.

"Outside, I am a stranger to many. Here, I can be someone you begin to know."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 am 

"Yes..." Her other hand rose and touched his wrist lightly. She didn't want to move too much or else the moment might be broken. "You don't feel like a stranger to me. Being near feels... natural."

"I'm glad we ran into one another."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 am 

Gently, his fingertips brushed alongside the fingers over her heart, but there was no hesitation or uncertainty in it, just patience and wonder. "It feels like it was supposed to happen. You seem to have a part in my destiny. I experience the closeness and familiarity you speak of." From how their hands connected he raised his gaze to her face again and he extended the other hand to brush faintly with the side of it along her brow arch and temple.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:43 am 

Feeling his gaze, her eyes rose as well, studying him. He was different from anyone she'd met, the strange feeling aside. Taking it into account... So many coincidences of timing and travel led her to be here, in this place and time. To just happen to be out then.

Perhaps there was something to what Mahasin had said.

"I'm certain it was meant..." She leaned into the soft touch on her face without thinking about it. If it was something like that, it felt easier to let go of doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am 

His palm opened for her cheek to lean into even as his fingertips brushed her brow gently. "Then there seems to be no doubt between you and I. I find comfort in it, something I have hardly known before." His touch was coolly tantalising.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am 

"I'm glad I can give that to you," she replied, a content smile crossing her face. "I do, as well... and it fills me with greater confidence." The fingers on her chest opened to allow his to move between them if he so wished. A smile crossed her face and she closed her eyes as she felt his palm.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:58 am 

And they did, attuning to her heart beating for a silent moment during which he cradled his face, his thumb brushing down her cheek and off the corner of her lips. He then leaned in, placing his forehead against hers. "You and I both need great confidence for times to come. The world shall not accommodate us easily or quietly." He whispered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 pm 

Her eyes opened slowly as she felt his forehead against hers. More connection, whether in gaze or touch, only seemed to reaffirm the rightness of how it felt, the familiarity like finding a kindred spirit. "We will. The world may make things difficult, but it will move for us... or it will be moved," she answered quietly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 pm 

He looked into her eyes from up close in silence for a moment, relaxing the pupils so his gaze could take all that was in hers. And then, he moved his lips to her forehead and kissed it gently.

"I want a world in which you know where your place is."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 am 

She closed her eyes as she felt his lips on her forehead, a soft flush of pink suffusing her cheeks again. Her fingers tightened a little, but not uncomfortably, on his. "I don't know where it is yet... but I feel on a better track to find out now." A slight pause, then she said, "You want to make the impossible possible... I want to help you achieve that."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:29 am 

"If you keep coming to me we'll have time to figure out many ways how we can help each other accomplish what we want." He replied, kissing lower, between her brows, just above her nose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am 

"I have every intention of doing so..." When he moved from the kiss between her brows, she angled her face up, face still flushed lips slightly parted.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 am 

Trailing down her nose with the tip of his, Ban's lips found the soft invitation of hers. On a shallow breath the longing connected, with a short pause after the first kiss as if to take in the impact of the sensation, then returning bolder, seeking fuller alignment. His hand clung to her heart as it was entwined with hers, but the other brought support to the small of her back by a careful embrace. His kissing was like undulation of an ocean, a soft surf from an expanse of thoughts, emotions and meanings, both tempestuous and calm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:01 am 

This was the last thing she had expected to come of this night... Even of her travels. She hadn't been sure of what to make of the quiet, serious, secretive man before her. She still wasn't. Yet... In this moment, it didn't feel like it mattered much. It was something to worry about tomorrow.

Her own hand, the one that had touched his wrist, moved to the back of his neck. Lips moved with his, finding and following that rhythm naturally. Her emotions were a confusing chaos, a hundred thoughts moving in and out of her mind. Eventually she parts from his touch to get ahold of her breath she didn't know she was holding and her thoughts.

Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next