Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: New Looks (D10LA)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 am 

Kenzo walked quickly down the street, his stride long. One advantage to Merenaese men's formalwear, he thought, was that it allowed much better freedom of motion then the Rokugani equivalent. And the boots did make a rather satisfying noise on the pavement with each step.

He'd gone through the process of getting ready for the ball, and gotten in a quick nap. Now it was time.

He wasn't wearing his mask. However, he was carrying it carefully in his hands. He glanced down at it as he walked. It really was very fine; he would have to thank Utsu again for it. The thought made him smile as he walked along.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: New Looks (D10LA)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 am 

The Lion was a bit perturbed, he had been unable to locate any criminal elements in the tangled ropes this afternoon. Perhaps he was slipping?

Really though it mattered little, he'd return later, and his efforts would likely prove fruitful then. Yasuhiro probably should of been surprised she he spotted Kenzo in the distance, all dressed up in gaijin attire. He wasn't though, little surprised him recently. Offering the man a bow he greeted him. "Good afternoon, Mirumoto-sama."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:34 am 

Kenzo stopped, hearing the familiar voice. He turned, bowing smoothly. "Good afternoon, Matsu-sama." He said, smiling just a little.

He straightened. "I was just on my way to the Masquerade Ball over on the east port. Although I'm sure you could tell that." His lips twisted as he held up the mask he carried.

He gave Yasu a look, his eyebrows going up curiously. "Do you expect to attend?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:46 am 

"It was my intention." Yasu offered with a nod, he didnt know exactly how long he would stay though. Likely now very long if all went as he expected.

"Do you know much about these type of things Mirumoto-san? I admit they sound a bit strange to me."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 am 

Kenzo's lips quirked. "Not too much, I'm afraid. I wish I could help, Matsu-sama. I'm hoping that it will be rather like parties back in Rokugan, but just with different wine. And clothing. And music." His lips twisted again. "The list begins to grow long, doesn't it?"

He shrugged. "Of course, I often found the parties back in Rokugan rather strange as well."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:16 am 

He was fairly certain the Dragon didn't wish for any if tgat, especially when you looked at his clothing. Yasuhiro kept his mouth shut though, he had been in enough duels already. "I'm sure that list will grow only longer Mirumoto-san, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself though"

"Oh? What about them? Was strange that is."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 am 

Kenzo smiled, turning the mask in his hands over. "I do have some hopes of that, yes."

"Oh, well..." Kenzo shrugged, giving Yasu a wry smile. "Perhaps strange isn't the right word. Rather, I'm not entirely comfortable at them. We all have our preferred habitats, after all. I'm generally more comfortable with simple surroundings. A quiet room. A good book. Perhaps a pleasant outdoor view." He shrugged again.

"Ah..." Kenzo looked at Yasu. "Shall we walk and talk? I wanted to make sure that I wasn't late."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 am 

Yasuhiro nodded and set off, fully intending to lead the way. "Speak like that, and you might convince me you had hopes of meeting a lady at this Ball." The Lion lightly teased, as they walked, perhaps drawing on memories of his grandmother.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 am 

Kenzo laughed softly at that. "No, no. That's certainly not my intention." He followed along, letting Yasu lead the way.

"After all, even if she did not arrange one for me, Miya-sama arranged marriage for quite nearly everyone else." Kenzo said. "I don't think that this will be a place for meeting eligible ladies. More..." He shrugged. "A cultural experience. Observation. That sort of thing."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 am 

"Ah, you just seemed somewhat excited to arrive so I thought there might be another reason for it." The Lion offered in return, his eyes on their surroundings as them moved. Perhaps looking for anything potentially dangerous.

"I suppose it will be a interesting thing to observe though. To see what these gaijin festivities are like"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 am 

"Did I?" Kenzo shrugged. "Well, you know. It does promise to be entertaining, at the very least."

Kenzo followed Yasu's gaze, but made no comment. Prudence did seem reasonable, after all.

"Indeed." Kenzo's lips twisted. "May I ask if you have any expectations, Matsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:12 am 

"My expectations?" His lips curled into a half smile for a moment. "It's that I don't linger long. Other then that I can't say. Mirumoto-san. I suppose I will have to see how things go." He expected things to go how he though, but one could never be certain though.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 am 

"Hmmm." Kenzo's lips twisted. "I suppose I understand that." He shrugged. "Well, perhaps things will exceed your expectations."

"Ah... Matsu-sama." Kenzo chewed his lip thoughtfully. "We were on the expedition yesterday together but we didn't get a chance to speak. We haven't spoken since the incident with the Jinn, in fact."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 am 

Yasuhiro hadn't been speaking with many people lately, though he didn't share that with the Mirumoto, the Lion did raise a quiet eyebrow though as he turned his eyes towards the Dragon. "That's true."

"It seems there is something you wish to ask of me Mirumoto-san?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 pm 

Kenzo stopped a moment, giving him a bow. "Yes. Although I shall apologize in advance, as I recognize it may be a presumption to ask this question."

He cleared his throat. "I wondered if you had learned any more about the Jinn, and what it did. It sounded as though it was a matter to be concerned about." Kenzo grimaced delicately. What an awkward question to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:51 pm 

"Ive learned a bit Mirumoto-san." The Lion offered after a few moments. "Their infestation is something the Unicorn do consider a blessing. Though their nature is at best questionable. They are the creations of the Sun and Moon."

"Sentient elemental spirits if what I've heard can be believed. Once long ago, they held power and created servants for themselves, a people called the Ashlan as well as the gaijin of the sand. At some point they grew conceited though, and Lady Sun rained her fury down open them. Shattering their power and removing their ability to hold a form. In time since they have taking to binding their essences to others, so they can remain in these realms. Though I can't say for what reason."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 pm 

Kenzo considered that for a long moment, his lips pursed thoughtfully. "That sounds..." He considered a few more seconds, before his lips twisted. "-complicated." He gave Yasu an apologetic smile.

"Well. It sounds not so bad as was initially feared. A creation of the Sun and Moon." Kenzo shrugged. "Not... hmmm. I gather it doesn't interfere with your duties?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 am 

Complicated was the correct word for it, and the Lion offered the Dragon a half smile. "I still wouldn't call it a good thing, its apparently something tgat will become part of my line if I marry."

"It does seem to have some uses though, and it doesn't effect my duties. Not thus far at least."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 am 

"Oh." Well, there didn't seem to be much useful to say to that. "Well... good luck." Kenzo offered.

He began walking again, once more content to let Yasu take the lead. "There's word of the Explorers being split after this. With some continuing onward, and the rest returning to Rokugan." Kenzo glanced at Yasu curiously.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 am 

"Unless something unexpected happens I will be returning to the service of my clan after my time on this Island Mirumoto-san." Yasuhiro offered firmly, in a tone tgat left little room for argument. "There will be no more exploring for me, tgere are other preparations that I need to make."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next