Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: New Looks (D10LA)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:09 am 

Kenzo nodded. "Very good. In fact, I intend to return to Rokugan as well."

For a moment, it looked like he was about to say more, but instead his head tilted curiously. "Preparations, Matsu-sama? What is it that you intend to prepare for?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:54 am 

"War, Mirumoto-san." Yaauhiro replied his eues havimg returned to his surrondings. "There will be war in the near future. The Kirin are now the Unicorn, and the Unicorn are not explorers, but conquerors. The Mereanese seem to mean us little harm, but they are merchants, their greed will never be satisfied."

He smirked. "That's not to mention the other powers in the world, or the coming contention over the next Emperor. I will not let my clan meet these threats unprepared "

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:01 am 

Kenzo came to a stop again. "I see." He said. His lips pressing together. He stepped closer to the Lion. "Have you heard anything, Matsu-sama? Anything concrete?"

He grimaced. "I do suppose that, one way or another, we should be ready. I... have some hope for progress, but not without careful consideration."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:02 am 

"I do not Mirumoto-san. tough I do know the Unicorn have troops here that have no purpose, troops that are just waiting for orders. I also know that as far as the size of armies, theirs outnumber ours. If this does not speak of the need for conquest,I don't know what does."

His eyes moved towards the Dragon's clothes, progress is something we need, but the pace some are willing to accept it, and the price they are willing to pay for it should be considered in more depth. Gaijin ways are dangerous, they make many of us forget who we are. If we accept they as easily as I believe most of the explorers would. We are doomed."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 am 

Kenzo grimaced. "As I understand it, there are several factions within the Unicorn. I suppose we can help that a reasonable one has ascendancy."

"Hmmm." A single eyebrow of Kenzo's went up at that. "I've wondered a bit about the Imperial Explorers as regards gaijin ways. Are we pioneers, adapting first, to show others how to adapt? Or test cases, to see what affect adaptation has? I suppose both is possible, even likely." He shrugged. "I do hope some consideration is being given. An experiment is only useful if someone studies the data."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 am 

"Even it that's the case for now, it's not likely to be so for long. They are a violent people, quick to spill blood and take things by force. A single man can have multiple wives, as long as he holds the power to maintain his harem. It won't be long before they move against us in one way or another. We are no longer cousins, and our ways and theirs can not coexist, not without conflict. Others may beg to differ, but they don't hold a Jinn inside them, a being that has see these people and their sins first hand."

When the topic turned to the explorers the Lion smirked. "Adapting. That's apparently a popular word lately. I suppose many of us thing that's the path. To talk gaijin languages, to wear gaijin clothes, to hide themselves behind gaijin masks. To call the infestation of a gaijin spirit a blessing, to forget their honor and the way of Bushido. It's certainly what the Kirin did. After Shinjo's death its taken them less then a century to turn into barbarians."

"If that's truly what the job of the explorers is, to adapt in this way, I only more firmly believe I've made the correct decisions."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:07 pm 

Kenzo stared at Yasu for a long time, sorting through his words. Kenzo's eyes were just a touch wide. He began to wonder if the Jinn had changed something about Yasu, or if perhaps Yasu was just more affected by it than he let on.

"It... sounds as though you've seen things." Kenzo said slowly, carefully. "I hope you've reported them. From the sound of it, they're things that should be known, and investigated further."

"As for adapting... progress is inevitable. You can try to stop it, but it's like trying to stop a river after the spring thaw." A very Dragon comparison. "The water will rise higher, and eventually break through. Better to do it in a controlled, careful manner."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm 

The look in Kenzo's eyes spoke volumes, the Lion had said too much. "I've spoken with Seppun Hikari at length." He offered after a few moments.

"Controlled and careful manner." His lips curled into a slight smile. "I would agree with you there Mirumoto-san, I can not say that progress in that manner is what the Explorers represent though."

"Not at least as far as I've seen."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 pm 

"Good. That's good." Kenzo said, still eyeing Yasu a little warily, if without the truly concerned edge from before.

Kenzo smiled, inclining his head. "Ah, but Matsu-sama! That's exactly why one should do an experiment with a small controlled group like this one. With samurai from a wide variety of backgrounds. Perhaps it will give some idea of how best to do things. Not all experiments are successful, of course." He shrugged. "Speaking for myself... there are those in the Explorers who have impressed me." His lips quirked. "Some more than others."

He brightened. "Our mutual friend Muhaki Ran-san, for instance. She's impressed me."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 am 

Yasuhiro wouldn't call Ran a friend, in fact he was rather certain he didn't have any friends here. Not a unspirusing thing when one took into account that he was a Lion. That he generally considered himself a unpleasant person to be around didn't help matters either.

"I'm glad to hear, if she wasn't already engaged I'd almost suggest you attempt to court her. You could perhaps make a good match, and she has risen a lot since her time as a Ronin."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 am 

Kenzo let out a short laugh at that. "She certainly has. I think we can expect her to rise further."

He shrugged. "I do agree we would have been well-matched with each other, actually. Nevertheless, she is engaged. Miya-sama ensured that there would be no love matches created during this trip." His lips twisted. "Or, if there were, they would be illicit ones."

He shrugged. "Regardless, it was not meant to be, it seems."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:06 am 

"Illicit ones." The Lion smirked. "It almost sounds like you are speaking from experience there Mirumoto-san." Most wouldn't bring such up in casual conversation after all. "You are right though, it was not meant to be. Though who knows what the future might hold."

"Her betrothed has not proven himself very adept at his position after all, her Lord might object to the match is she continues to rise. She was still a ronin when it was made after all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am 

The first comment just earned Yasu an exceptionally dry look for a few moments.

Kenzo shrugged. "I do often say that no one knows what the future holds. Nevertheless, I suspect that my path does not entwine quite so thoroughly with Ran's. Instead, I shall wish her the best, and hope that when a match is found for me, that it shall be a favorable one."

After a moment, Kenzo's lips twitched. "How did we get on to this topic? It seems we must have taken a strange turn if we're discussing the possibility of me marrying Ran."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am 

The Lion shrugged. "You are the one that brought up Muhaki-san and how she has impressed you." The Lion replied with a slight smirk. "You could of brought up any other of the Explorers here. Add to that how i've seen you together, and some of the things you hinted at then."

"Added to that. Well, you said it yourself Miurmoto-san, you two would be a good match and that Miya-sama had allowed no love matches during this voyage. I suppose I might of read too much into it though. I thought you might be more interested in the idea of Muhaki-sama getting a new betrothed."

"If you wish to speak of something else though, feel free."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 pm 

"I think you may be reading a bit too much into things, Matsu-sama." Kenzo said dryly. "Still, if things do work out that way, I'll make sure you're the first to know. Perhaps you can be the matchmaker, eh? That's a joke, of course." He added. One never knew what Lions would or wouldn't take seriously.

"It was more than Ran-san is known to both of us." He explained. "Nevertheless..." He spread his hands.

His lips pursed thoughtfully. "Surely... there are some you admire here. Have you associated much with Kitsu Keiji-sama? Captain of the Kunshu Maru? He also very much impressed me." Kenzo's lips twitched. Hopefully Yasu wouldn't read too much into that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:05 pm 

Ah, perhaps they had just teasing him then, with their light flirting? That would make sense in a way. His own tone was dry as he made his reply. "We both do know Muhaki-san, Mirumoto-san. I'm sure you noticed long ago we don't get along."

"As for Kitsu-sama, I can't say I know him very well. So my opinion on his is hard to give."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 am 

Kenzo's lips twisted. "Indeed, I had noticed." He shrugged. "Well, I'll joke about it no longer, then."

"No?" Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "You should. He made quite an impressive captain, or so it seemed to me. Just the sort that, hmmm." His lips pressed together a moment. "Well, if you're looking for a good positive example of how a person deals with progress, I'd look to him. Just a suggestion, Matsu-sama." He said.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 am 

He had seen how the Kitsu had dealt with several situations already. He should of dueled the sparrow back in Dragon Guard City, but like most of the progressive minded people, he hadn't. Then there was the continued support of the Gaijin way of doing things.

"I'll consider it Mirumoto-san, I don't believe Kitsu-sama and I will see eye to eye though. He is a progressive man by nature, I'm not. I could look at his example and still never understand his decisions."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 am 

Kenzo sighed. "I suppose not, then." Well, that seemed to be that. After all, Kenzo was awfully progressive himself. No wonder they seemed to have little to talk about.

Well, little enough. Kenzo smiled. "I understand you ate at Matsu Tonkatsu a few weeks back. Did it meet with your standards?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:00 am 

The Matsu nodded in affirmation as the subject changed, the previous one had met it's end after all. "It was a good meal, though pork itself is unclean. They have a dedicated staff, though they know little of my family."

"I tried to point them down a more correct path. I don't know if they will follow it though."

Merenaese

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next