Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Got Wood (D6-EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:46 am 

Wataru had several projects in mind for his new home, but to get those done, he would need some resources. The Gusai went to the nearby market of the Tangled Rope, it was the nearest place and best place to find wood for his work at home. He was wearing his working clothes, which made him look as someone to forget about as he passed by. He reached one of the wood stores and touched the surface of the area where the cut had been done, feeling the smooth surface of the tropical tree.

"This, this." He signaled to the tender.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Post subject: Re: Got Wood (D6-EM)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:48 am 

It seems Tori isn't the only one with ideas for home improvement. At the market, Tori comes across a familiar Mantis. "Good morning, Gusai-san. I see you're keeping busy."

Tori goes over the stock, too, negotiating price in traditional Daidoji fashion with less restraint than she would back home.

((Commerce: 7d10o10k4 48))

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am 

The tender figured that what Wataru needed was the wood that he was signaling to. The samurai made him indications to cut it up into boards. "Etooo, wud, wud" He was struggling with the new language, even as he had with him the notes he had taken during the marine trip.

Asahina Tori wrote:
At the market, Tori comes across a familiar Mantis. "Good morning, Gusai-san. I see you're keeping busy."

The Gusai turned to the source of the voice, and bowed to her welcoming her. "Konichi wa, Asahina Tori-sama, I hope you had your blessing from Inari no kami today, Raice?" The samurai was trying to practice as much as he could his Merenaese. He had already seen how hard it was to being understood. "What brings you to the market area?"

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:05 am 

"The same as you, I think," Tori responds, seeing Wataru's desire to practice. She's no master by any stretch, she's been practicing longer, and can say simple things readily enough, and can help a countryman work through the language patiently if need be. Though surely, she's horribly stilted and accented to native speakers.

"Building, back home."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:41 am 

It took Wataru a while to understand the words, as his mind worked and recalled the words one by one and then put them back together to express what Tori-san was saying. Lucky for him, she was being compassionate and talking simply for him.

"Building, building, Yes. I build home, make ... a fence, how did you say fence?" That wasn't a word he had practiced on the boat, "railing? I want make me home nice."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:48 am 

At the clarification, Tori drops back to her own language, "Oh? What did you have in mind? A simple decorative partition, something to keep pests out, or something a little more defensible?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 am 

The change to rokuganí was a help, the samurai was struggling with the words as he still was going over what he knew of the language. "I want to start simple and build up properly. I will start with a fence around the home, to keep pests away. My neighborhood is a humble one, and I think it can be improved with a proper attitude." The samurai had not thought about the next day's work, but Tori-sama's words gave him a couple ideas. "I made a panel for partitions yesterday, but there are still a couple humble things that can be done to improve the house. A couple easy furniture pieces, maybe even a proper bath. What about Tori-sama? What work does she have?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 am 

Sounds like he has his intentions well planned and well established. Though, given his question, Tori can't help but have some fun.

"I'm building a library," she answers simply, as if the answer is nothing, then turns to the shop owner to answer a couple questions about her order in her own halting but competent grasp of the language.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 am 

"A..." the samurai was unable to hide his surprise, his pleasant surprise, even his voice had a rise that indicated his feelings "Asahina Tori will build a Library!? I can only humbly offer myself to aide her... I must offer myself as a scholar, as a former Phoenix, and as one who finds the pleasure of reading one of the best in this realm. I can not only help Tori-sama in the construction, but also in filling the shelves with the knowledge that I have been graced with."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:34 am 

Tori smiles, My, that was a reaction.

"It is a necessity, really. We have a great deal of research going on, and exploring, mapping, discovery... but with no central way to share it, it tends to stay concentrated in few hands, which isn't terribly useful," she explains. "I hope this will serve as a center of learning, but also a place to preserve our culture in a new land, and perhaps even to share that culture with others. Construction, I believe is actually well in hand, thank you, but I shall need all the help I can to fill its shelves. I've brought a few texts as a beginning, and I have my own ship's research notes, but that is about all."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:33 am 

"Knowledge is the basis of a civilization. Libraries mean sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions, it is what brings us to improvement and success." The samurai smiled back at Tori, a shy smile as a kid who is surprised playing with his favorite toy. "I have already been able to map most of the island, and just require a deeper understanding of what's hidden inside it. I've heard of the many places up north, the unexplored areas, and am looking forward to go through them. I also have knowledge of importance here, such as sailing, the water currents and things of the sort."

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]