Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Welcome to the Jungle [EE5]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:08 pm 

Ringo continues to explore this island... well port in this case. He decides to head out into the jungle.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [EE5]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:45 pm 

The manor needed a few more things. Kenzo was walking through the edge of the wilderness, carrying a bundle of wood under his arm. He bent over, picking up another dry stick.

Even in the dimming light, it was fairly easy for the two to spot each other. Kenzo gave a wave. "Hey, Hida-san. It's good to see you." He moved over to join his shipmate.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 am 

Ringo looks over as he hears his name being called and offers a polite bow back to his shipmate. "Ohayo Mirumoto-sama. Is that for the ship or have you already found lodgings and are securing provisions?" He asks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:23 pm 

Kenzo brightened a little. "The latter, in fact. I was gathering firewood; the place is rather large, so I expect to need a fair bit. It's not far from here, fortunately."

He cleared his throat. "I was also keeping an eye out for wildflowers. I think they should look very nice there, as decorations."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:00 pm 

Trailing somewhat behind Hida Ringo was Kitsu Keiji, holding a scrap of paper and an ink brush in hand.

"Ohayo," Keiji said as he saw Ringo had stopped to meet Kenzo. "Don't mind me. I'm just learning my way around. I've started making a map, in fact." The Lion showed the piece of paper, upon which were some semi-unrecognizable ink scribbles that might have been directions and landmarks.

"It's, ahh, only a first draft," he explained. "I plan to clean it up later."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 pm 

Kenzo bowed to the latecomer. "Good evening, captain." He said politely.

"Ah..." He took a quick glance at the map, such as it was. "Yes, well, first drafts often need a bit of cleaning. I'm sure it will be a good reference for later." He said. "Can I assist you? I'd certainly like to have a better idea of the area, myself."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 am 

Ringo offers a polite bow to Keiji. "Konbawa Kitsu-kancho. A map? That sounds like a good idea."

He nods in agreement and acknowledges what the other guys said. "I take it that both of you have found places to stay? May I ask where they are?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:31 am 

Kenzo nodded. "I'm actually staying not far from here. Ah, Agasha-sama is taking most of it, actually." He smiled, then cleared his throat. "I'll be staying in a side room, as her yojimbo. It's not entirely safe, and I felt it would be best to protect my superior's wife."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm 

"The local militia has been kind enough to provide me with quarters," Keiji replied. "My needs are simple, so this suits me very well. They seem like good fellows; perhaps not as highly disciplined as the Lion military. But then who is, eh?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:54 pm 

Kenzo chuckled, bowing to his captain. "Just so."

He straightened, still smiling. "That would seem to suit you well, captain. For myself, I'm used to traveling alone much of the time. I confess, I'm rather looking forward to a bit more solitude than can be found on-board a ship."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 pm 

"A bit more space to stretch your legs is all well and good, Mirumoto-san," Keiji commented. "But I should caution you to avoid going off entirely by yourself. I do have confidence in your abilities; but the island is not completely tamed, so there may be hazards that we do not know of yet. I should not like to lose one of my excellent officers."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:04 pm 

Kenzo bowed. "Thank you for your concern, captain. While I think I can handle myself, going into totally unknown territory alone is a bad idea. There are certainly some hazards to be found here, like the bees that Sanjuro-sama encountered."

At that, Kenzo sighed, grinning. "Fortunately, it looks like he's going to make a full recovery. In part thanks to the medicine provided by the Ide apothecary."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:42 am 

"Those sound like find locations. I ended up getting a room at the House of Smiles. The rent is cheap." Ringo explains.

He nods at the information and raises an eyebrow at that last part. "What happened to Agasha-sama? I am glad to hear that he is alright now."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:51 am 

"Bees." Kenzo said. He sighed. Perhaps a longer explanation was in order.

"Unfortunately, he hasn't quite regained consciousness yet, so we can only speculate." He said. "But when he was washed ashore in the storm, he hurt his leg. He crawled farther inland, but disturbed a beehive. They stung him severely. I managed to find him and bring him back to our ship. It took a bit more doing after that before we managed to get him the medicine that seems to have cured him."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:20 am 

"That is quite unfortunate. I did not think bees could do so much damage." Ringo comments.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]