Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: But Silence Is Golden... (D9, LM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 pm 

Wearing sensible clothing, and carrying a parasol against the worst of the sun, Utsusemi looked out at the area the locals called Piscinas de la Concha. Truly, the island had some breathtaking scenery to provide for those who stepped away from where the humans lived.

She took note of how the sun hit the water, trying to remember the sensation of the light reflecting on the waves so that she could recreate it again later - either with words or with paint.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: But Silence Is Golden... (D9, LM)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:48 am 

Waves crashed against the rocks ahead, something much less frightening when one stood with proper ground beneath their feat. From here, it was easy to appreciate the beauty of nature itself. Seppun Kaiya made her way to meet with Agasha Utsusemi, bringing Isabella along knowing well that the woman she was to meet could speak in Merenease as easy as she could their natural tongue. At least, that was as it appeared to Kaiya herself.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:35 pm 

Taking notice of the new arrival... and the new companion as well... Utsusemi shifted her parasol slightly as she bowed.

"Seppun-san," she acknowledged with a polite tone. "I see you have a new companion. I trust you are both well?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:19 am 

As the women finished their approach, Kaiya offered a simple signal to the woman at her side. With direction, Isabella nodded to the Seppun and then looked forward to Utsusemi with a pleasant, warm smile placed upon her expression. Inviting and kind.

"If you want I could speak in your own tongue, Señorita, but My Lady said that you might also understand Merenease? I would not want to force it upon you if you were uncomfortable with the tongue."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 pm 

Ah, so she now has a voice that speaks Merenaese, she registered with a nod, though wondering if it hadn't been easier to just teach the other girl to speak it.

"I do speak Merenaese, yes," she remarked in a friendly tone to the new girl. "Congratulations, señorita Seppun, for the promotion to Amaterasu's Grace. I am glad señor Asahina agreed with my suggestion."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 am 

Isabella relayed the message to Kaiya in Mekhem, before looking back to Utsusemi. Kaiya, signalling the girl with some basic motions. "My Lady says she is honored by you," Isabella said as Kaiya bowed to the Dragon.

"You mentioned something of a suggestion? I had not heard My Lady was promoted so recently to her current position. I am Isabella, by the way, and am pleased to be able to meet you lady," she paused, allowing Utsusemi to fill in the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:11 pm 

It seemed like a very roundabout way of communicating, and she wasn't sure if she should speak in Rokugani to make it easier for Kaiya, or continue in Merenaese to make it easier for Isabella.

"A pleasure, Isabella," Utsusemi smiled a little to the girl, then looked back to Kaiya. "Hm, yes, it was my suggestion to Asahina Yajinden that you should be promoted to the Amaterasu's Grace, as I believed your position and talents better suited for his Highness' flagship. And... also after having heard of the troubling incident on the Walrus, and spoken to its captain." The older woman looked at Kaiya with noteable concern that she did not voice.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 am 

Once again, Isabella transferred the message to Kaiya. Concern drifting into her own expression as she translated for the woman, looking at Kaiya with the realization she didn't know exactly who this woman really was. What she has done up until now and where she has been. It worried her, more for Kaiya's sake than anything else.

Few, if any instructions came from Kaiya in this matter. There was much the woman at her side still did not know and she knew that well. Any communication, with this many parts, was difficult but it was a testament to the times that it was possible.

"My Lady thanks you for your part in the matter. Though, I must ask, what is the situation of which we are speaking?" Isabella asked but her eyes widened a moment as if she was just waking up and added, "Not that I want to pry into My Lady and your own personal affairs, Lady Samurai. Though it would work well to know exactly what it is I am supposed to be saying."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 am 

This sort of communication was painfully tedious and not to mention rather impersonal. She had liked the former speaker for Kaiya better, as she seemed more like a trusted confidante. This one was... new.

"Hm... My apologies, I suppose my words must be confusing," she offered to Isabella with a sympathetic smile. And she eventually started to realise that Kaiya might not have introduced her to the new girl either. It was hard to tell with the sign-waving, after all. "Would the lady Seppun perhaps grace old lady Uxue with a moment of her time, while you have a chance to admire the beautiful scenery here?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 am 

"I.." Isabella wasn't prepared for that, and it took her a bit by surprise but immediate self reflection pointed to the fact that she probably should have been. Looking quickly to Kaiya who seemed to already understand the situation without need of further translating. "Of course, Lady Uxue."

Finding some place to go and admire, Isabella made her way off from the two. Just sure to remain in sight in the case that one of them might request her.

With Isabella gone, Kaiya remained with Utsu. Looking initially at the woman with an expectant look about her. Not rushing, and not overly forward but that subtle and calm look when one knows it's the others turn to speak first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 am 

The parasol twirled slowly between Utsusemi's fingers as she stepped a little closer to Kaiya, still keeping a respectful distance between them that was more common for Rokugani than the locals.

"Please forgive my bluntness on the subject, but I suppose I should form my sentences so that it is not difficult for you to reply," she smiled a little sheepishly. "Asahina-sama sent me a letter about what happened on the Walrus, and I spoke with Gusai-san the following morning. I... do not really feel comfortable with repeating what he said, but I felt the least I could do for you, both of you really, was to suggest your promotion to serve on the Amaterasu's Grace."

She sighed, sympathy evident on her face. "You're a good woman, Seppun-san, you don't deserve to go through this." You deserve much better than that Mantis. "... When I speak with Miya Odorihime-sama when we return, do you want me to speak of Gusai-san's faults openly with her? It could perhaps lead to an annullment of this betrothal... it might not, but it might be a possibility. Is that something you want?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 am 

With a glance off to the side, Kaiya directed for them both to walk. Taking her time Kaiya led the way along the beach, apart from the rocks so that their path was clear and comfortable. Taking to a slow pace, and meaningfully allowing for time to pass after Utsusemi's question. Subtly, surely, she offered a hesitant nod. An answer of a personal nature with the hesitancy of knowing that it is not a choice she would make if it was given to her to do so. This was a matter best left to another, for now, as she saw little difference between Susumu or any other man.

Well, at least most of them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:55 am 

There was a small feeling of relief for Utsusemi to know that Kaiya at least wasn't going to hold onto this betrothal out of some misguided sense of duty. No one was served with such a poor match, least of all a lady of the Seppun.

"Very well. I will do so," she gave a gentle nod. "He does not deserve someone like you. Not after what I saw and heard."

The taller woman angled her parasol as they walked, so that Kaiya also was given some of the shade it provided.

"Apart from this... poor betrothal, your journey with the Explorers have otherwise been more fruitful to you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 am 

Kaiya thought back to the time, to the last time she had been in Dragon's Guard. That place where they started this very journey seems to have made itself quite the launching point for her entire life. How she remembered the days when she first arrived there, the girl with few actual concerns in the world. How she might have run up and down this beach, finding things to communicate her mind in such a colorful and myriad of ways. How she had grown up so suddenly to now be walking along this beach as not just a woman, but a woman of station and respect.

Everything considered, everything tallied up, had this journey been fruitful?

Kaiya nodded her head firmly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:25 pm 

Utsusemi smiled with some relief. "Then it is hasn't all been for naught then. It might, after all, be possible for you to hold off on marital prospects upon your return home... until the time is right to be betrothed to a better man. Someone who is worthy of you, and will be waiting for you."

She felt she might be overstepping a little with her words, but she did wish to try to help the two, considering that their so-called Mantis friend was doing nothing helpful.

"If that is what you want?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 pm 

As they continued their walk, Kaiya listened but what she heard inspired not an answer but a question. Looking to Utsusemi with a discerning eye.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 pm 

Utsusemi took a moment to discern Kaiya's question. "... Sorry... it's not really my place, and I will not speak of it to anyone but you and those it concerns. But when I was speaking with Gusai-san, he did say that there were feelings between you and Miya Edogawa-san," she said in a quiet tone. No one could hear them out here, but still, a Crane was still Crane, even when donning the scales of a Dragon.

Susumu hadn't said it quite as gently either, but she had no interest in repeating the Mantis' words. "I did not feel it right for him to say it, but now that I know... I would rather be of help, Seppun-san. It seems right."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 am 

Kaiya looked to Utsusemi as the woman spoke. Walking along the path they had created for themselves close enough to still hear the crashing waves just a ways off.

Looking forward Kaiya offered no means of halting Utsusemi's intent. Offering her acceptance of the pursuit by the simple means of not denying her what she felt she wished to do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:52 am 

Utsusemi found that she had to pace her own mind and speech differently with Kaiya... which was an interesting challenge in itself, so she hated to think how difficult it must be for Kaiya who could not communicate verbally. Well, apart from the strange movement of hands and fingers that she had seen with the Seppun's previous attendant. In hindsight, it was rather fascinating; in some ways like the cadence taught to Crane courtiers to communicate with subtle movements and gestures to eachother.

"Of course, it is really not my place to interfere or pry," she offered softly. "But... should you want it, Seppun-san, I will do what I can to help you. You need only nod if this agrees with you."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]