Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Breaking Shells [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:02 pm 

[This thread is meant for Gusai Wataru and Muhaki Ran.]

The itch, the pain, the persistent squawk of seagulls... the searing in the eyes blurs vision, but... there is something hard under your feet, that hurts when you try to find footing... the legs soon let go and you fall into a gentle surf.

You are alive. The rest is unknown.

Post subject: Re: Breaking Shells [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:46 pm 

The pain was blinding. She had never experienced this level of acute pain in her life, but Ran was thankful to be feeling anything at all. Pain meant she was alive.

She didn't remember much. The storm. It nearly took her life, hadn't it? But by the fortunes she had survived, and she would be forever thankful for every day after this.

Ran groaned, and tried to move. The ground was solid, but it hurt. She tried to stand, and fell into the surf. Her satchel was ruined. Bits of sludge that used to be paper floated out. Ran was heartbroken. Her notes! All gone. It couldn't be worse.

It was then she noticed she wasn't alone, and inched her way to Wataru's prone body. She fell beside him, and looked up at the clear sky, a shade of blue she'd never seen before.

Everything hurt. All was lost. But she wasn't alone.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 am 

Wataru woke up spatting out seawater, his body hurt like never before. The sun was on his face, he could not open his eyes without feeling its sting. He coughed out loud spitting out any remains of the seawater that remained in him. His hair was stuck to his face, and his body did not respond properly to his thoughts. He could feel his arms, and move them, but his legs would not budge, too tired. He could feel rocks below him, he touched it with his hands.

He remembered the storm, moving the boat into safer waters, and then suddenly struggling against the waves, where he had been tossed and rolled. He had been spared though, for some reason the Fortunes had protected him, there was no other way for him to have saved himself. He heard a groan nearby. It was a voice that was moving towards him. He went for his gun on his waist, inside his obi, and then thought it would probably need drying out first and would be useless. He was surprised to open his eyes slightly and feel Ran reaching him.

She fell beside him, and looked up at the clear sky, a shade of blue she'd never seen before. His hand reached out to her.

"Ran-san." His voice was slightly broken from the pain, "Are you okay? You made it? Did the rest of the Armada make it?

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 pm 

"I don't know. I dislike not knowing, it goes against my grain. But we are together. And if we are the only survivors, we will make the best of it."
Her mind raced, the pain disrupting thoughts, making them scatter, making it hard to focus on any one thought. Her head was jumbled, her body hurt, her ankle burned.

"When we can stand, we should move inland and make contact. Unless we're found here... that is. We need to find help."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 am 

The samurai gave a little laugh, he shoulder was throbbing and causing his sight to come and go, "it seems that once again the Fortunes have guided us together, Ran-chan." He remembered the conversation of them in the boat when their boats had met up, it was very casual for them to have survived the storm and washed up together. "Luckily we were ronin, so we know how to survive." He looked out to the sea hoping to see the vessels, the armada, anything that would tell him what had happened to the boats. If they were not whole, they would had been also washed up near them, but they were not wrecked on the beach, there was hope.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:40 pm 

"I did not dare dream to think I would ever marry, choosing the life of ronin is choosing a life without ties. I thought I knew what I wanted, where I was going, what was in store for me.
That all changed, and I could not be happier. To be betrothed to someone who understands me, who has led a similar life, who has the same values. I am blessed. Could we just.. sit here, for a while? To recover, of course. I am in no rush to leave your side. Besides, I do not think I can walk far, if at all.
I am certain we will be found- either by the armada or by locals."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 am 

Wataru twitched in pain as his arm moved awkwardly.

"I think that staying here for the time being is most reasonable and ideal. It wasn't very comfortable as the mussels grew in the area, using the water's nutrients to feed from. "We should find a more comfortable place though. Sitting on these might cause even more pain than we already are in." The Gusai guided his fiancee to a more comfortable place, letting her lean on the shoulder that had no pain. There was a structure a bit off the sea, of rock, were the water did not accumulate and where they could sit more comfortably, even lean against a rock a bit higher up.

"If I were to spend the life on a deserted island, it would be with you alone with who I would like to do that, Muhaki Ran-chan." he softly whispered to her as he let her lean on him, leaving his limp arm on the opposite side of them. "I did not think I was ready to marry, until I met you, my love."

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]