Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Interrupting Paradise (D4 LM)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 am 

Tori scours the beaches for survivors, until she hears some telltale moaning and comes over a rocky outcropping. "Ran!"

The captain scurries toward her boatswain, her medical kit in hand. After today, there's no telling just how much of it will be left.

"Fortunes be praised, you're alive." She sets to bandaging wounds and checking for breaks and sprains. "This ankle is sprained; I suggest not putting weight on it for a day or two. I'll..." she looks around at the wreckage, "I'll find you a good walking stick, in just a moment," she assures her, confident she can find something in the wreckage. But for now, she helps Ran up higher, out of the waves, before she's forced to move on to the next patient.

Wataru. Old friend is a bit much, but a good man, and hopefully he'll be good for Ran. He gets much the same treatment. "Gusai-san, your shoulder is dislocated. I'm going to set it; this is going to hurt." She offers a piece of wood. I suggest you bite down on this." Once her patient is ready, she gets his arm back where it belongs, with an agonizing pop, and helps him up toward where Ran is.

Study and practice are one thing, but this... this is new, in a way Tori hopes she'll never have to get used to.

((Our dear GM suggested I bring a little healing over here from the Search & Rescue thread.
Medicine: 5d10o10k4 27
Heal Wounds: 2d10o10k1 9, to Ran.
Medicine: 5d10o10k4 24
Healing: 1d10o10k1 7, to Wataru.))

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Interrupting Paradise (D4 LM)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 am 

So his arm wasn't as good as he thought, well he had only moved his forearm. He screams as the arm is set into place, but then most of the pain is eased, and he can feel much better now as he gets up with the help of Tori.

"Tori-sama! Thank you!" He is surprised by her presence there, she doesn't look as harmed as the rest of people, so it looks like the Armada has made it safely. He sighs in relief. "I owe you much more than you may ever now, not only for me, but for Ran-san."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:17 pm 

((Don't look too close at the continuity of that arm... >.>))

Tori waves off the rather overabundant thanks. "Please, do not worry yourself. Times like these, it's not about personal debts; it's about coming together. Just focus on resting, and building your strength back up. When you two are ready, we can head back."

She looks the pair over once more for good measure, but there's not much more she can do for now. Time and rest will have to do the rest.

"Every ship made it," she assures the pair. "We... lost some good people, and we have a lot of injured, but it's not nearly as bad as it could have been."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:01 pm 

She was surprised, and overwhelmed, to see her captain. "Asahina-sama," her words were choked with emotion, and she struggled to resume her On.
She accepted the walking stick, and the care to her ankle. It hurt very much, but she could stand, with weight on the stick as an aid.

"Your kindness knows no bounds, Asahina-sama, and I am grateful. We are grateful," she amended, looking at her betrothed.

Ran looked across the beach, and out onto the waters. Their ship was out there, and it was spared. Lives were lost. It was tragic, surely, but they had survived. They would triumph.

She sighed, and looked back to the land behind them.

"I believe I can walk. Where do you suggest we begin?"

Crippled: 30 Wounds - 9 = 21 Wounds = Grazed (+5TN)

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:00 am 

"You are right, Asahina Tori-sama, it is time to come together."

He looked to Ran, "It seems that we made it to the island, Ran-chan, we've made it."

He wasn't sure which way they would have to head now, they didn't have time to move around because of their injuries, and all he could do was look to one side and another, hoping to see structures around them.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 pm 

Tori starts to object, but stops herself. If they're ready to move, they're ready to move.

"I'm sorry; this is going to be a bit of a hike. We're gathering our forces right now. Once we get to the rest of the fleet, you should be able to rest for a while."

Though she tries to be discrete about it, she stays near enough to Ran to help her if she stumbles. Not that Tori could do much, at her size.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:38 pm 

She does stumble occasionally, and it is slow going. As they travel, Ran tires quickly, and the further they traverse, the more difficult her movement becomes.

Rest is welcome.
Help is appreciated.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]