Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: [D5 EA] Start at the beginning
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:20 pm 

Ran returned to the beach she and Wataru had washed up on, walking stick in hand.

She came to examine the mussels that were living on the rocks in the little pools across the beach.

Ease Tension! Pioneers or Colonisers? Reflex/Lore:Nature 1 FR (Homey) 1 CR Void 1k1 TN 23 (Nicked): 8d10o10k4 42 = +2

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Post subject: Re: [D5 EA] Start at the beginning
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:05 am 

Ringo decides to check out the beach in the afternoon. He comes across the Shell Pools and Ran along with them. He offers her a polite bow and smiles warmly to match the weather. "Ohayo Ran-san... or should I say Muhaki-san now? Have you had your rice today?"

/ Ease tension. Stamina/Engineering. 2 CR vs tn 25 = 19. Fails.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:06 pm 

"I have, thank you. Good to see you, Hida-sama." Ran said with a smile, and glanced up from her inspection of the mussels.
"How have you enjoyed your stay in Kameyama Jima thusfar? Found somewhere to lay your head?"

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:38 am 

Ringo nods. "I made an arrangement at the House of Smiles. It is pretty shabby place. The rent and everything else there is cheap though. My projects will probably drain a lot of my finances so I need to save where I can. What about yourself Muhaki-san?"

He pauses for a moment. "Are you going to share a place with Wataru-san if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:12 am 

"You may," she paused, her gaze drifting out to the sea, "But the answer is no. I found my own room at the Amigo Winehouse."
"The House of Smiles? I haven't attended there yet. I'm sure I'll peek my nose in at some point during our stay here, however."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:54 am 

Ringo nods. "Let me know when you do. I'll give you the tour. Just don't expect much." He smirks at the last part.

"I was actually considering staying there as well. How is it?" He asks. "I'll come visit you as well sometime."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:46 pm 

"Is it so bad?" Ran asked, quirking her head slightly to one side, tucking a lock of hair behind one ear and regarding the Crab.
"Please do. We can try some wine together. It's ...a different drink from sake."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 am 

"I will let you decide for yourself once you see it Muhaki-san." Ringo says with a slight chuckle.

He nods at the invitation for drinks. "That sounds enjoyable. I shall be looking forward to that."

He looks around again. "So what brings you out here?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:21 am 

"Just some simple thinking about this one's future. But when it comes to such a heavy topic, one's thinking is never simple, is it?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:37 am 

Ringo chuckles. "I am sure it is not as heavy as a topic when you think about leaving the Empire to go exploring. Everything else seems small in comparison."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:18 pm 

"How do you find the effects of being here, Hida-sama? The gaijin, they are so.... free. It's so easy to get swept up in their ways. But we are samurai. We must retain the code of Bushido above all else."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 am 

Ringo nods. "Too much of anything is bad. Everything in moderation. Too much freedom in this case can lead to lawlessness and a lack of drive or purpose."

"It is very strange indeed. Some of their ideals just defy our common sense all together." He summarizes. "Though another way to look at it, it is perhaps our responsibility and duty to spread enlightenment and culture to these barbarians."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:43 pm 

She was shook. "Barbarians?" Ran's freckled nose wrinkled visibly, and she looked back at the Hida. "I wouldn't call them that," she lowered her voice, and leaned forward a little.
"They have every right to be hesitant of us - but they seem to welcome us nonetheless."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:17 am 

"There is a place for just Merenaese. No Rokugani descent at all. So they are outside the Celestial Order." Ringo points out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm 

"I understand that... Just, harsh vocabulary," but then again, he is Crab, Ran considered, and set her lips in a line.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 am 

"Well our relationship with them... did not start off on a good foot. Given what happened in the past." Ringo comments.

"How are you finding the island so far?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:58 pm 

"Interesting. Different. Many of their ways and customs are of course foreign, it's been a curiosity as much as a learning experience to talk with them about the Empire, about our theology and spirituality, about our nature and taxonomy. I've had to buy so much paper," she said with a self defeated chuckle, "-my satchel was sadly destroyed during the storm and I've had to begin my notes over again."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm 

Ringo nods. "My clothes and some of my other supplies were ruined. I still have not gotten around to replacing those items yet. I need to fix my compass again." He sighs at that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 am 

"It sounds like there's a story to go along with your compass' woes, Hida-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 am 

"Well there is not really much of one. I managed to find a broken compass in the marketplace back in Dragon Guard City, repaired it, then it got broken in the storm. Now I managed to get it fixed once more." Ringo explains.

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]