Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Search Party (day 4 late morning)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12 pm 

A search party from Kunshu Maru was combing the shore along the Bay of Razorbacks, looking for survivors. Led by Kitsu Keiji, the crew sang lustily in the Rokugani language as they poked through the flotsam and jetsam.

Song for finding missing people! wrote:
The people were washed on the shore
Of this uncharted desert isle
With Edogawa,
Sanjuro too.
A Shosuro and his wife,
A magistrate,
Wataru and Muhaki Ran,
Here on Kameyama Isle!

It was hoped that their loud progress would make it easier for shipwrecked sailors to find their way to them. Truth be told, however, their singing seemed to be doing a better job of keeping local wildlife from approaching too closely.

Post subject: Re: Search Party (day 4 late morning)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:42 pm 

He had slumped back against a tree, near where he and Doji-sama had found each other. It hurt too much to move, to keep looking. Rest would be easier. Try again in the morning. Stay in the shade.

Then...

Was that...

"Singing?" He looked about, calling Doji-sama's attention. Limping down the sand, trying not to think about how much it hurt to breathe. Waving his hands in the air.

"Oy! Over here! Over here!"

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:37 pm 

The young Lion captain broke off from singing and looked towards the shouting Scorpion. "A survivor!"

Soon the whole search party was making its way over to Anzai.

"I'm Kitsu Keiji, captain of Kunshu Maru," the Lion said, with a slight bow. "Are you all right? Is there anyone with you?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:54 pm 

"Keiji-taicho, we're glad to see you." He bowed respectfully, before looking the other man in the eyes. "The Emerald Magistrate, Doji-sama is with me. We're a little worse for the wear. There are some strange, somewhat affectionate, creatures about, though they seem as though they could get quite ill-tempered." He smirked slightly, trying to push the pain from his mind.

"Has anyone heard or found any sign of Kakita Otsuka-san?" There was concern lifting through his voice, looking at the search party.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 pm 

"I have not heard any news of Kakita-san," the captain replied gently. "But there are several search parties looking for survivors. Perhaps one of them has found her."

"But let us take care of you and Magistrate Doji first, Shosuro-san," Keiji said, trying to change the subject. "Lead me to her, then we can get you both back to the fleet."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:25 pm 

"Yes, she's just over here, this way, Kitsu-Taicho." He flushed, remembering his place. The excitement of being rescued had gotten to him. Leading the group on over the dune, he would point out first the crop of trees that he and Doji-sama had been using as shade. "Thank you again, for finding us. I had tried looking about for the fleet a little bit ago, but it seemed that being washed ashore made that more difficult that I would have liked. We assumed staying near where we came ashore would be the best for ease of search and rescue."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 pm 

"Glad to be of service," the Lion replied. "In this foreign land, we'll have need for every samurai."

"You're off Amaterasu's Grace, aren't you, Shosuro-san?" Keiji asked. "From the list of people we were told to look for, it seems nearly all the officers of Amaterasu's Grace were swept into the sea. What happened?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:20 pm 

All of the officers? He shook his head. "I can't speak for the rest of the officers. I focused on trying to save the ship and her crew. I can only assume the others felt the need to do their duty." He nodded, before pressing on.

"How did the rest of the fleet fare? Do you know?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 pm 

Haruka emerged from the shade of a nearby stand of trees, looking all the worse for wear for her nautical adventure yet reservedly relieved at seeing others.

"Ah, Kitsu-san. It is good to see others! My thanks for finding us."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:48 pm 

"Ahh, Magistrate Doji," Keiji said, bowing politely. "I am glad to have found you. Are you injured? Do you need medical attention?"

"As for the fleet, all our ships made it through the storm," he said in answer to Anzai's question. "However, some of the crew were swept into the sea; along with some loose items that were not properly secured. We're hoping to find more survivors."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 pm 

"I, yes, I believe I was injured during the course of my arrival." Haruka said with considerable restraint. Breathing was still difficult and she was guessing she had bruised ribs.

"So we have arrived successfully at our goal, then? Barring those lost, we have made it?"

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 am 

"We've reached the islands that the Imperial Admiral set as our destination," Keiji confirmed. "Emissaries have been sent to negotiate safe anchorage in the harbor. But for now, let us get you back to your ship."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:29 am 

"Then the voyage has been a success." It seemed Duty helped keep Anzai in high spirits. Looking to the Magistrate, then the Captain, he nodded in firm determination.

"And we must scour the beaches. Until all souls are accounted for." He acted as though he was going to take charge.

Until he remembered how much everything hurt.

"I would like to help. Such as I can."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:42 am 

"There will be time enough for that after some rest and seeing to our injuries." Haruka proclaimed. "I am certain Jama-no-kimi will not rest until all are accounted for, Shosuro-san. But we would be more hindrance than help in our current state."

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]