Login FAQ  
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:50 pm




 Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
[This thread is meant for Shiba Isamu and Seppun Hikari.]

You're on a ship! It at least feels like that, the planks under you, the feet still in the water. But the squawk and the smell of bird poop all around... they're awful. They detonate small explosions in your head to the point that opening your eyes feels like a risky endeavour. But it is cool inside wherever you are. Is it where Emma-O takes sailors?



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Posts: 513
Hikari, still largely oblivious to her new surroundings from sheer and utter exhaustion and pain, was slow to rouse. Even when she did, she moved only the barest amount. Enough to get a hazy look around her, and a light pat toward her sides to check that the stuff she had on her was still there.

And then she vomited up some water, before painstakingly turning so that she was lying on her back.



_________________
Imperial • Kuge • Shugenja • (Junior) Jade Magistrate • Happy-go-Lucky • Glutton • Sage • Wealthy • Cursed • The Amazing Monkey Princess: Saruhime
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.9 | Reputation: 1 | Notoriety: 2.0 (crazy fire witch) | Honour: Exceptional
Carries: Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Jade, Snacks, 2 small statuettes
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am
Posts: 62
As he came to, Isamu went to stand up and immediately regretted it.

...When he came to again, he was much more careful. The last thing he remembered was grabbing onto something as he went over the side after taking a hatch door to the head. Lucidity returning, he finally released what had once been part of the ship's railings and rolled over a little, raising himself slowly to his knees. Taking care to keep any movement of his head to a minimum he went over himself quickly to check for injuries. Some of it seemed superficial, although there was a nasty gash to his left arm and when he reached up to check where the hatch had hit him it was very tender, and his hand came away covered in blood.

Stupid ships. a grim smirk formed on his face Still, the damn thing didn't kill me. Small victories, I guess.

Rising gingerly to his feet, he slowly scanned his eyes over his surroundings. Spotting the Seppun, he moved towards her as she looked around her. "...Seppun-sama?" His voice was barely a croak.



_________________
Phoenix Clan Samurai • Reluctant Explorer • Ex-Soldier • Unlucky • Grumpy
Status 2.0 (Nikutai) • Glory 3 • Reputation 1 • Honor: Exceptional
Light armour, daisho, yumi (as appropriate), folding stool (often), small travelling pack odds and ends
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Posts: 513
"Huh?"

She'd thought she was alone, but clearly was mistaken. Turning her head again, she looked at Isamu.

"Oh, Shiba-san."

Her voice was weak; Isamu would surely remember that she'd seemed sickly even before the storm.

"Guess we ended up carried by the same wave."



_________________
Imperial • Kuge • Shugenja • (Junior) Jade Magistrate • Happy-go-Lucky • Glutton • Sage • Wealthy • Cursed • The Amazing Monkey Princess: Saruhime
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.9 | Reputation: 1 | Notoriety: 2.0 (crazy fire witch) | Honour: Exceptional
Carries: Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Jade, Snacks, 2 small statuettes
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

Meanwhile, the ragamuffin above their deck stopped portioning a seagull he had just killed and peered down through a hole in the old deck to see how his mistress was faring. Seeing she was on her way to recovery, he returned his attention to his catch.

He liked this place, the wreck. It felt like home.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:22 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am
Posts: 62
"It seems that way." The ship diet hadn't done him wonders either. As much as everyone pretended otherwise, ships were clearly not designed for people.

After quickly making sure that there was notjing majorly wrong with her (no limbs bent the wrong way or similar), Isamu lowered himself to sit near her. Being upright even for that short time had exhausted him.

Noticing the cat, he gestured towards it with his good arm. "Looks like another survivor."



_________________
Phoenix Clan Samurai • Reluctant Explorer • Ex-Soldier • Unlucky • Grumpy
Status 2.0 (Nikutai) • Glory 3 • Reputation 1 • Honor: Exceptional
Light armour, daisho, yumi (as appropriate), folding stool (often), small travelling pack odds and ends
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Posts: 513
She looked up.

"Azuki," she said, calling out to the cat but not making too much of an effort under the circumstances.

Besides, he looked rather busy with something she'd much rather pretend wasn't happening.



_________________
Imperial • Kuge • Shugenja • (Junior) Jade Magistrate • Happy-go-Lucky • Glutton • Sage • Wealthy • Cursed • The Amazing Monkey Princess: Saruhime
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.9 | Reputation: 1 | Notoriety: 2.0 (crazy fire witch) | Honour: Exceptional
Carries: Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Jade, Snacks, 2 small statuettes
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:56 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am
Posts: 62
Body settling a little now that he was again seated, Isamu's eyes again swept the area before returning to the Seppun.

"How are you feeling? Anything broken?"

If possible he wanted to move at least a little, but at the same time knew that it would be very difficuly to do so.



_________________
Phoenix Clan Samurai • Reluctant Explorer • Ex-Soldier • Unlucky • Grumpy
Status 2.0 (Nikutai) • Glory 3 • Reputation 1 • Honor: Exceptional
Light armour, daisho, yumi (as appropriate), folding stool (often), small travelling pack odds and ends
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Posts: 513
"No," she said. "Just... exhausted."

Not to mention the headache and a general soreness.



_________________
Imperial • Kuge • Shugenja • (Junior) Jade Magistrate • Happy-go-Lucky • Glutton • Sage • Wealthy • Cursed • The Amazing Monkey Princess: Saruhime
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.9 | Reputation: 1 | Notoriety: 2.0 (crazy fire witch) | Honour: Exceptional
Carries: Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Jade, Snacks, 2 small statuettes
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am
Posts: 62
From his sitting position, took stock of the area. It appeared that they were cut off a little from the shore itself, but unless the tide rose considerably they were safe where they were. They would have to move at some point, but he really didn't feel up to it right now. All he could really work out was that this was (obviously) not their ship, and there wasn't enough wreckage that seemed unrelated to the one they were on to say that their ship had been destroyed. In terms of the land across the stretch of water, he had no idea at all.

"Well, while this has not been the most... ideal of landings, we have definitely arrived somewhere. Hopefully the rest of the crew is ok." His mind went to those who had followed on this venture, and he felt no small guilt for dragging them into this situation. He offered a silent prayer to the kami for their safety.

"Do you happen to have any idea where we are, by any chance?"



_________________
Phoenix Clan Samurai • Reluctant Explorer • Ex-Soldier • Unlucky • Grumpy
Status 2.0 (Nikutai) • Glory 3 • Reputation 1 • Honor: Exceptional
Light armour, daisho, yumi (as appropriate), folding stool (often), small travelling pack odds and ends
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Posts: 513
"No," she said, not particularly inclined to go with a smart but useless comment. Instead she focused on her belongings; taking out her spell scrolls in particular, one by one. Looked like they had gotten wet, but she didn't seem totally crestfallen at the fact as she started to lay them out on the sand.

"Someone will come looking," Hikari offered. "We can't have gone far."



_________________
Imperial • Kuge • Shugenja • (Junior) Jade Magistrate • Happy-go-Lucky • Glutton • Sage • Wealthy • Cursed • The Amazing Monkey Princess: Saruhime
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.9 | Reputation: 1 | Notoriety: 2.0 (crazy fire witch) | Honour: Exceptional
Carries: Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Jade, Snacks, 2 small statuettes
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jinxieland [EM4]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Blood from the seagull dripped on the deck above them as the cat was having his feast.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group